Old August 28, 2002, 01:17   #271
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 00:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Pack 'O Lies
The following quotes are culled from the previous few pages. They are mostly statements of fact about the Province of Alberta and Canada at large made by one really winged out creature. Some are rather peculiar observations which may or may not be based on fact. I'm not sure, I can't tell all the time where he gets this stuff from. I'm not going to make any further conclusions about him or his character, however I will comment on his... interesting use of facts and choice of opinions.

Quote:
Originally posted by blackice
Could be Klien or hatred of the eastern people? Humm again a no brainer.
Alberta is a great province with the highest unemployment amoung 16-24 year-olds. The poor top most if not all provinces working and not. Most of them are single mothers. Just to start so why with all that money is it that way...Klien.
Bzzt!
Alberta had the lowest unemployment rate in Canada in July. Actually, it was tied with Manitoba at 5%. In June, we were third lowest. Break downs by age group are harder to find, I'll look at them if you can supply them, but so far this one seems to be a whopper.
http://www.statcan.ca/english/Subjec...ur/LFS/lfs.pdf
page 3

Poverty? Bzzt!
Here's some numbers on poverty rates for you. They are from 1998. If you have any newer, I'd like to see them. However, since things have kept chugging along around here I doubt we've slipped.
http://www.ncwcnbes.net/htmdocument/...#_Toc500047775

Please provide sources. Even if they happen to be the rays those little guys in the space ship are using to communicate with you.

Quote:
Either way it smacks of the Alberta teachings I have been commenting on. Lack of tolerance, lack of national pride, selfishness and disdain for the poor. All courtesy of your Premier...Now tell me that does not rub off on young impressionable minds that look up to him there….
Bzzt!
What's this? The whole province has a single set of 'teachings' that we are all brainwashed with? No source necessary. I believe people can come to accurate conclutions about such slurs without sources.

Quote:
We have a dictatorial democracy
Bzzt!
I think many Canadians would differ with you about this one. Or maybe they would disagree that that is the way it should be. However, I would ask... What kind of fevered mind would criticise the people who criticise the system that is 'dictatorial'?

Quote:
Bs get a grip Alberta can pass any provincial tax or rule they like to counter any Fed rule. That is simply a cop out. Alberta only within the last few years had the highest corpate tax base almost in Canada. That does not encourage business. In fact even today they are still behind the east in that type of business lure.
Bzzt!
Out right bull sh!t.
http://www.alberta-canada.com/economy/taxes.cfm
Oops, sorry, the source is the Evil Empire itself, bit it is interesting... *Dig, dig, dig*

This is a good one, lots of detail for 2002. Brutal link though, so go over here
page 2
Seems Alberta has one of the lowest small business tax rates (income up to $200K annually). NWT and Nunavat are lower, but then what are the costs involved of living and doing business there? I note BC is lower too. Well done! It's gonna take some work to repair things there and small businesses are probably the best way to start.

Larger companies... well look at that. Ontario is cutting more slack to the fat cats. So too is Quebec. Hmmm, looks like there might be something to this encouraging of the private sector. OK, I can live with it.

At any rate, highest? Bull sh!t.

Quote:
Kyoto has nothing to do with the NEP. Klien sows that seed to keep the next generation mad as hell and it creates votes, anamosity and people like you
Bzzt!
Prey tell how the federal government will cut back on emissions without wielding a large stick? There is a lot of bull sh!t flying around, but don't expect me or anyone else to accept your bull sh!t over the other sources.

Quote:
China smina CANADA man 10,000 people in Ontario alone will die from pollution related illness this year alone. I could give a rats ass about China and they could give a rats ass about us. 1000 times the cash is put into traffic safty each year than pollution cutting measures. 1000 times less people die from traffic accidents than pollution. Pretty *ucking stupid IMHO
Bzzt!
This statement is simply ludicrous on it's face. Source? OK...
I can't be arsed to do a good search on this one, but here's some numbers from 1992
http://www.acbr.com/causdeat.htm
2376 men and 1061 women died in motor vehicle accidents. That's 3437 people. Did 3,437,000 people die in Canada that year? How about the numbers in Ontario? Can you supply them? Remember, we don't receive those same rays you do. That would have been a fairly major event that I didn't hear of. 1 in 10 people would be almost... decimating don't you think?

But then, when you make it up as you go along you don't have to pay to much attention to detail, do you?

Quote:
Try Ontario all the money that goes to equalization comes from the peoples pay. You have it good out there and still whine. That is Hypocracy
Bzzt!
Federal income is no longer based on our resources directly, the taxes they withdraw from Alberta are based on income and consumption, just like everywhere else. And may I point out that Alberta is among the higher net contributors per capita. If you really want another source, I'll dig one up. Maybe Asher can do it.

At any rate, this is fun and all, but I think I'll stop here for now. Maybe I'll have another go later. Somebody else could do. It really is facinationg to go through and count the statements of fact that are completely without basis. I knew there were some strange sorts on Apolyton, but I thought most of them got something right from time to time. Apparently there are a few exceptions.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:20   #272
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
manic depesive? or ODD?
It's not something I'm going to talk about on a public internet forum with a bunch of strangers, that's for sure.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:20   #273
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 01:43
it might just be me, but i thought this thread was about Chretien, not Alberta V Ontario
Old August 28, 2002, 01:23   #274
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Tingkai
Hardly, as Blackice has mentioned, massive oil price hikes sent a shock through the global economy creating a worldwide recession. Canada was already trapped in stagflation. Interest rates hit 20 per cent, as an article posted by NYE mentioned.

Even without NEP, there would have been massive layoffs in the Alberta oil industry. A lot of people laid off, IIRC, were on the drilling and exploration side. This is a business that does work now for future gains. Nominal interest rates of 20 per cent created a massive cost for such work that made it unprofitable to do at the time.

Ironically, NEP may have helped Alberta in the long-run by creating short-term pain. Albertans work up to the dangers of relying too much on the oil industry and have since made some efforts to diversify their economy (as you so often tell us).
This is funny. really funny.

I really like how everyone who doesn't live in Alberta is an expert on what caused our problems, and the fvcking economists at our universities have got it wrong. Tis to laugh. So I will

You could go back and read the post though. It was the well head tax that did not move when the price of oil declined. Thus our oil was uneconomical to explore for, drill for, and in some cases produce.

That and the attitude of businessmen on both sides of the border to a government that did things in a high handed and arbitrary fashion.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:25   #275
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot
it might just be me, but i thought this thread was about Chretien, not Alberta V Ontario
It turned into a couple of people insisting they know everything about a place they do not reside in, and everyone who does live there is wrong.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:26   #276
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 02:43
That applies to people on both sides
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old August 28, 2002, 01:33   #277
notyoueither
Deity

Fvck off KH. If the same sh!t were flying about Quebec, you'd be out with the knives. No smilie required.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:35   #278
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

What we have learned today: Albertans are feisty when provoked.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:54   #279
notyoueither
Deity

Yes. After almost 40 years of this sort of sh!t, I am kinda feisty. Colour me black.
Old August 28, 2002, 02:02   #280
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
I'll look at them if you can supply them
They are easy to find for intellegent people.

Quote:
They are from 1998
Obviously you are out of touch with the facts, 1998 try harder.

Quote:
The whole province has a single set of 'teachings'
So far yes, but then again you do not represent the intellect out there do you...

Quote:
I think many Canadians would differ with you about this one.
Yes in kindergarten...

Quote:
Seems Alberta has one of the lowest small business tax rates
Today they have one of the lowest...Did I say different, go girl go...

Quote:
Prey tell how the federal government will cut back on emissions without wielding a large stick?
They don't...So how does it compare with the NEP which was the point? Talk about space ships, you would be ejected...

Quote:
This statement is simply ludicrous on it's face. Source? OK
only ludicrous to people who can not read, like you. Who said for Canada? I said Ontario, so far your simplistic moronic trolling has basically wasted my time.
You have proved you are an idiot though, that was worth something :eyesroll:

Quote:
completely without basis
This is what you do and no one takes you seriously, who could?

Quote:
Apparently there are a few exceptions.
appears you made that clear with your post...

Quote:
and everyone who does live there is wrong.
Yes I lived there until recently, but facts are facts and you live there and still can't get it right. Drugs maybe?

Quote:
What we have learned today: Albertans are feisty when provoked
Not to anyone that has read the thread and knows. Two Albertans get mad when they are found to be incorrect would be a better way to put it.

Well NYE you just concluded for me your inept at most things you do.
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 02:02   #281
blackice
Emperor

Stick to one liners your better at it.

Quote:
Yes welcome to O.T. mention Canada and an Albertan talks about them, adnausim....After all Canada is all about Alberta, Nep, Oil, Money, blah blah blah.

On that note Martin Hit the papers here today big time. I doubt Alberta was privy to it as it is a Liberal topic. But he splashed Cretien unside and backside. The majority are now behind him I bet, most canucks are. Polls released today show another Liberal landslide if he is the Boss.

You read that in the Edmonton Journal? The Calgary Herold? The sun's?

Not likely......
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?

Last edited by blackice; August 28, 2002 at 02:08.
Old August 28, 2002, 02:03   #282
notyoueither
Deity

You lie, you lie, you lie... and then you squirm.

When will you stop?
Old August 28, 2002, 02:14   #283
blackice
Emperor

thats better your attempt at intellect had me going.
I was almost thinking you were serious

Jokes on us I guess the One line TWOT is back, with his side kick "I don't know" the circus is finally on the road again.
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 02:17   #284
notyoueither
Deity

Try some more 'facts' blackice, they're more fun.
Old August 28, 2002, 02:23   #285
blackice
Emperor

Your's are funnier they do not even have relavence...

Your one lines are the cat's meow though stick with them, the circus is not the same without them.

Do you have anything to say on topic?

One line of course
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 02:31   #286
notyoueither
Deity

Keep digging blackice.
Old August 28, 2002, 02:37   #287
blackice
Emperor

No need the hole you have made is big enough for all of us.

Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 02:40   #288
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Can we just all agree that western women are the root of all evil?
Old August 28, 2002, 02:43   #289
blackice
Emperor

nope
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 02:47   #290
blackice
Emperor

Within each age group, there was a wide distribution of poverty rates in different cities. For example, poverty rates for youth aged 15 to 24 ranged from 16.4 per cent in Wood Buffalo to 32.1 per cent in Lethbridge – almost twice the rate from lowest to highest. Furthermore, the risk of poverty relative to other age groups varied among cities. For example, individuals aged 65 to 74 had the lowest poverty rate by age group in Medicine Hat, but the third highest rate in Wood Buffalo. Along with age, the risk of being in poverty was also linked to where one lived.

As shown in Table 2.2, females in the province and in every city were more likely to be poor than men. For all mid-sized cities, 15.2 per cent of males lived in poverty, whereas this was the situation for 19.2 percent of females – a difference of 4.0 percentage points. Females were most at risk to poverty in Red Deer, where 21.9 per cent were living below the poverty line. In comparison, only 14.0 per cent of females in Wood Buffalo were poor.

http://www.ccsd.ca/pubs/altapov/2.htm

Notmeforsure, Just one example I hope you jump on it because I have all night and 76 more links.
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 02:54   #291
blackice
Emperor

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/communi...safewhois.html

Oh and you'll love this numbnuts er NBN

Employment helps in reducing poverty but is not necessarily a safeguard against it. Over three-quarters of the 106,610 poor families in Alberta (77%) were employed for at least part of the 1995 year. Just under one-half worked full-time (44%). These are the "working poor" who earn the minimum wage or close to it.

Ya the Alberta advantage...er except...I know I know they are all lazy bums of natives right?

So tell me ya braggers WHY in a province so rich does the poverty level go up with profits?
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 02:56   #292
blackice
Emperor

Government, you have to love Klien............................................. .................
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 02:58   #293
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

There is poverty wherever there is success. The main problem is an influx of new immigrants who are attracted by the job market and come over with little to no skills and find they can't get very good jobs with it, and become working poor.

Yeah, it sucks, but that's life when all the poor people see your province as a beacon of hope and flee here.
Old August 28, 2002, 02:59   #294
notyoueither
Deity

http://www.ccsd.ca/pubs/altapov/2.htm

WTF. Try Provinces, not certain centres in Alberta compared to a national average.

Or is that even a National average? If it is, Alberta's is lower.

Lies, damn lies, and then there's blackice.
Old August 28, 2002, 03:03   #295
blackice
Emperor

hehehehe NOT Klien kicks em out. Got to your favorite site the Alberta government and read the welfare rules bud.

It is not what you have stated, in other words good guess, wrong........

It is due to inflated prices because the rich want more.
Try working at a 7-11 in Fort Mc Murry at 6.50 per hour and paying 1200.00 per month rent good luck.

Reality T.V. some people have silk pillow slips, some people live.
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 03:04   #296
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/communi...safewhois.html

Oh and you'll love this numbnuts er NBN

Employment helps in reducing poverty but is not necessarily a safeguard against it. Over three-quarters of the 106,610 poor families in Alberta (77%) were employed for at least part of the 1995 year. Just under one-half worked full-time (44%). These are the "working poor" who earn the minimum wage or close to it.

Ya the Alberta advantage...er except...I know I know they are all lazy bums of natives right?

So tell me ya braggers WHY in a province so rich does the poverty level go up with profits?
The poor
Number of Children 0 to 14 years
Canada 23%
Alberta 22%

Are you fvcking broken?
Old August 28, 2002, 03:05   #297
blackice
Emperor

NBN you read well, have you considered taking a highschool diploma course at night?
Or do we?
Old August 28, 2002, 03:06   #298
notyoueither
Deity

Have you considered cutting your losses?
Old August 28, 2002, 03:06   #299
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Holy **** blackice, you are seriously so disturbed...

$1200 a month rent as a 7-11 clerk in Fort McMurray? That's like buying a Toyota Tercel for $3M.
Old August 28, 2002, 03:09   #300
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 02:43
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Fvck off KH. If the same sh!t were flying about Quebec, you'd be out with the knives. No smilie required.
Ease up. I've been polite to all of you so far. You could at least return the favour.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'