View Poll Results: Who will be the first Director of Base Production?
MrWhereItsAt (Independent) 17 48.57%
Lucky22 (CCCP/CDC) 10 28.57%
Juliennew (P4) 8 22.86%
Write-in (please nominate below) 0 0%
Banana 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 24, 2002, 21:37   #1
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 17:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Election: Director of Base Production
You have three days.

Note: I'm taking the liberty including the write-in and banana options in all election polls, even though that polls is not yet over (that option has 60% of the total vote). It's vital that the elections go up today, if we're to have a September 1 start.
Old August 24, 2002, 22:49   #2
Zakharov VII
Warlord

Local Time: 22:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Is MWIA running??

Z
Old August 24, 2002, 22:51   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 03:51
i havn't heard otherwise...

do you have a link?
Old August 24, 2002, 23:03   #4
Zakharov VII
Warlord

Local Time: 22:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
In http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&pagenumber=2, MWIA posts about how his CD problem isn't just a CD problem and that his computer is having trouble .

He's posted later in the thread, but hasn't said he's up and running again, though he did say a few days ago that he might be ready, well, in a few days.

So I'm hoping he's still in it??

EDIT: His post is about halfway through the linked thing...

Z
Old August 25, 2002, 00:28   #5
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 17:51
I was aware of this, but as far as I know, he hasn't actually pulled out. I got the impression he still wanted to, but was going to struggle to be around at the start of the month...
Old August 25, 2002, 03:00   #6
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 06:51
MWIA!

One person is there so that the P4 has someone to combat the CCCP...And the other is there for the exact same reason. And Banana...I just dont feel as if hes knowledgable enough.
Old August 25, 2002, 09:12   #7
Anodyne
Prince

Local Time: 08:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
And Banana...I just dont feel as if hes knowledgable enough.
Not in this poll, but it's not impossible to find him as the best option at some point of the game
Old August 25, 2002, 11:13   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:51
I have been assured by the shop that my comp will be fixed (including CD probs) by Tuesday Nth Amer/Europe time, and I still want to be in this race. I can't see why I shouldn't be able to reinstall SMAC and look at saves before the 1st of Sept, which is our start fate IIRC.

I hope I can live up to the support and be around should I do well in this poll. Whatever happens, I can post as I am doing now, but without my comp I cannot view the save.

/me crosses his fingers and buys some rabbit's feet

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 25, 2002, 15:54   #9
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ade

Not in this poll, but it's not impossible to find him as the best option at some point of the game
Cant you see banana? The last option in the poll!!

And MWIA, thats good news. So your staying in the race?
Old August 25, 2002, 16:08   #10
Diablero
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:51
Thats good to hear MWIA, you have my vote.

"The universe is wider than our views
of it" -Henry David Thoreau
Old August 26, 2002, 10:56   #11
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Cant you see banana? The last option in the poll!!
Are you kidding about Banana? "banana" is ridiculously all over the place, but I don't know if Banana is even running for anything.
Old August 26, 2002, 12:42   #12
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:51
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
I have been assured by the shop that my comp will be fixed (including CD probs) by Tuesday Nth Amer/Europe time, and I still want to be in this race. I can't see why I shouldn't be able to reinstall SMAC and look at saves before the 1st of Sept, which is our start fate IIRC.

I hope I can live up to the support and be around should I do well in this poll. Whatever happens, I can post as I am doing now, but without my comp I cannot view the save.

* MrWhereItsAt crosses his fingers and buys some rabbit's feet
/me mumbles to himself something about how it would be easy to run if someone did all of HIS work in the C3DG....

I told you before, You have my support wherever, whenever, and for whatever you need.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 27, 2002, 04:19   #13
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

YES!

I am back in action! It feels good to be posting on my own comp again. Now to catch up on three forums' worth of material....

1 September... plenty of time to catch up here. I hope...

Old August 28, 2002, 10:22   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I just want to say well run to the other candidates

lucky22, Juliennew, you have been worthy adversaries - it's good to have opposites for a change instead of just running in uncontested elections. I hope you guys will be vocal in DBP matters and will help me where you can, I always value help from anyone I can get it from. let alone posters as intelligent and diligent as you guys.

Just think, if you help me emough you could find yourself my pick for my successor! That might count for something, perhaps..

Thanks again, guys.

MrWIA.

Old August 28, 2002, 10:30   #15
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 03:51
quite a wide margin! i think the only one who won by more votes was Vlad
Old August 28, 2002, 11:03   #16
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Congratulations, MrWhereItsAt. I'll endeavor to make constructive input. Character and experience carried the field.