Old August 26, 2002, 13:53   #1
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Government! =please= provide us with accurate info!
Just logged on. Clicked on "Next Turn times and curent report: term III". Found the report for 430 BC. Damn. No turns played since I last checked.

Clicked on a link called "Current situation". First line: "You know what I'm talking about.". Didn't. Looked at the attachment (diplomacy screen). Scared the hell out of me...! What are those red lines ?! Three wars ...?!

I had to find my way down some thread to actually find out what was going on. The game had been played until 290 BC, causing some obscure nations to declare war on us :-( And yes, there was also the .sav .

The point is: am I missing things, or is the information on the current situation still hard to find? I expect the most important thread to be a link to the .sav or to the current map or something. Instead, I find outdated information.

Government, would you please correct this ..?

Thanks in advance!

BigFurryMonster
Old August 26, 2002, 13:58   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:56
....the report is further down that page.

Some people cannot download the save if it is edited, and others were requesting a continuous log of the turns, so we decided to REPLY the Reports to avoid that situation in the future. I am sorry that this was confusing to you. I wanted to make that thread a 'No replies' so that it flowed nicely, but yet more wanted to be able to comment right there. What do you guys want, and I will make it so.

I corrected the .sav ASAP. That was a mistake. It was my mistake and I take responsibility for it. My killer dial up sometimes just SO speedy, I forget what has uploaded and what has not.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2002, 13:59   #3
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

One question: How far did you read into the thread? There's up-to-date information further down. (This was the custom as of Ninot's term.)

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...68#post1239468

And the save is a little further down, FWIW.
Old August 26, 2002, 14:02   #4
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
I suggest that the first post in the executive reports thread be edited to reflect that the latest report is always at the bottom of the thread.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 26, 2002, 14:04   #5
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Shiber: excellent suggestion, and done.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2002, 14:18   #6
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Vlad: I did not read past the first post, since it started with "Report for 430 BC".

Shiber: good suggestion!

UnOrthOdOx: Thanks for the quick replies/actions! This is much better (though I prefer a new thread for each bunch of turns, but I won't complain :-) )
Old August 26, 2002, 19:44   #7
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 01:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
I suggest that the first post in the executive reports thread be edited to reflect that the latest report is always at the bottom of the thread.
Quote:
One question: How far did you read into the thread? There's up-to-date information further down. (This was the custom as of Ninot's term.)
The first suggestion was the standard custom in my turn.
I always had an up to date report at the top, and a sav at the top and bottom.
Just so everyone knows
Old August 26, 2002, 19:49   #8
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

/me quotes self
"You know what I'm talking about"

Damn I needed something more cryptic.

Perhaps news flashes by a publishing agency could shed some light. nah
Old August 26, 2002, 22:22   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot

The first suggestion was the standard custom in my turn.
I always had an up to date report at the top, and a sav at the top and bottom.
Just so everyone knows

Ninot,

There were those who were not happy with having things edited in such a manner. In fact, it created a problem with yours truly and Timeline when things were left out. Yeah, he denies it, but I know what I read. He was too concerned over political garbage and his party to admit it outright.

And must you insist continuing to voice how much better you are than everyone?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2002, 22:36   #10
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Come on guys. Everything is fine now. No need to upset each other.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 26, 2002, 22:39   #11
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Yea, it's over. Love and peace now . The previous administration set up a system; this administration has a system.

UnOrthO, if you want to make it totally a non-arguement, do you know how to link to specific posts? If you did that in the top thread, there would never be any trouble finding it.

Having said that, it is more work, and now everyone who's read this thread knows to look at the bottom , so... it really doesn't matter. Let's just move on.

-- adaMada
Old August 26, 2002, 22:47   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Actually, no I don't know how to do that. Someone care to explain? I thought I was doing half decent with the coding having only been here for what, 2 months now?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2002, 22:48   #13
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Ninot,

There were those who were not happy with having things edited in such a manner. In fact, it created a problem with yours truly and Timeline when things were left out. Yeah, he denies it, but I know what I read. He was too concerned over political garbage and his party to admit it outright.

And must you insist continuing to voice how much better you are than everyone?
dude, i insists you cease asking me if i think im better or such
i dont think i am

i was clearly stating how I did it when i was running the show
i didnt state if i did it better, or if you did it less than satisfactory

-I- didnt come in here untill my name was raised by others, and i only made my point so that everyone knew what i was about, cuz i wasnt sure they knew.

I must insist you cease to think im on a path to boost my name at every turn. i truly am not, and it hurts me to think you believe so.
Old August 26, 2002, 22:54   #14
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

/me puts on Blink's Stay Together for the Kids

Actually I didn't. I'm too cheap to buy CDs and too lazy to download MP3s.

This is the most important thing I posted in a while...
Drop it. No one cares whether either of you is right.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old August 26, 2002, 22:56   #15
Ninot
Emperor

yeah, but i hate to be accused of blowing my own horn whenever i post in a thread. its not right!
Old August 26, 2002, 23:04   #16
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Actually, no I don't know how to do that. Someone care to explain? I thought I was doing half decent with the coding having only been here for what, 2 months now?
Not trying to imply that it was obvious; it's something you don't see much, kind of a kludge to do, and isn't located in any of the FAQs (I only know it because MarkG explained it once in a thread I read, and that was def. more than two months ago). Having said that, I was reading this discussion while thinking about the stuff I've been doing recently, where I was using this a lot, and I thought it'd be a cool thing to have that'd totally resolve the arguements in this thread. Of course, it's totally up to you, since it is a bit more work, and the whole thing doesn't really matter that much.

First, you make a URL to the page where the post is on. For instance, you'd start with http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=60125 [/url] for this thread. Then you move your mouse over the "edit" icon for the specific post you want and look at the url that should show up at the bottom of the screen telling you where that button links to. (You could also right click on the link and hit properties to find out the link address). At the end of the link address, there should be the text "&postid=######". For your post, it's postid 1243987.

You take the URL you had before, and you put #post*** where the stars are the number. So, unless I've screwed up, to link directly to your post, you would use:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...25#post1243987

To link directly to my post on the Foreign Ministry Office thread (bypassing Togas's first few posts), you would use: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...21#post1224353

Sorry if this isn't clear, I'd be happy to explain more tomorrow or edit and clear this up, but I've got to go for now.

-- adaMada

Edit: Oh yes, and up to what Apoc said. This whole thread is serving no purpose anymore -- no need for anyone, on either side to get upset about anything.
Old August 26, 2002, 23:22   #17
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Thank you adaMada, I will attempt that in a little while.

Ninot,

You were trying to defend yourself for some reason. You chose to do so by saying how you had things just as the original post would desire.

I chose to do it differently specifically because of the prolems that can arise with editing. I personally feel editing an entire report is wrong. I found many gaps left when I was tracking all that to write a history, making that job next to impossible.

I took it personally. I shouldn't. I am quite a perfectionist, though, and to this date, everything going on this term has my name on it. I take great pride in that, and I also answer any questions reguarding that. It is mine, any problems are therefore mine, and mine alone. I don't expect anyone to understand how I feel with my projects, but they are a part of me, and any problem with them is a problem with me. This is how I work, it is why I have the job I do in RL. I cannot change that.

It is because of that when I read your post, I read it as: 'I did it this way and everyone was fine with it' Implying, to me, that I was doing things wrong somehow. That was my perception whether it was intended that way or not. Again, no one will understand, but that is my reason for reacting in such a way.

Ninot, I respected you both as a President and as a FAM. I respect your decision to leave the DIA nd become independant. And I will likely support you should you run for something again. I mean no harm to come from this and apologize if any has occured.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 27, 2002, 00:15   #18
Apocalypse
Emperor

Neither of you listen. I give this thread a 1.

This has become some bad after school special. You two need to watch some Eva.
Old August 27, 2002, 03:08   #19
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Eva?
Old August 27, 2002, 07:55   #20
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:56
Eva= Neon genesis Evangelion (pls look it up - I have replied about 40 times so far tonight and have explained the reference to death - give your President a little break, please? Cheers.)

Eva. Nothing like some extreme dysfunction to show you how your life could be more complex...

Ninot - no-one is disputing you were a much better President than I have been this term...

But I'm sure you'll agree (sorry Timeline - this is for peace amongst the elite Apolytonians - distinguished by the fact they post here), UnOrthO has done more work than anyone to date with the possible exception of Trip, and has been the best VP to date also.

Now, (not implying that so far there has been anything more than a little misunderstanding ) level all criticism at me. That's what the President is for, innit? And I mean this - I haven't received any complaints from the people about me or anyone yet. WTF? I promise I won't send you to the front. Well, not ALL of you...

El Presidente
MrWIA

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 27, 2002, 09:48   #21
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Well, if you insist...

YOU'RE AN AWFUL PRESIDENT WHO CAN'T EVEN FULFILL HIS MOST BASIC DUTIES!! I DEMAND THAT YOU RESIGN IMMEDIATELY!!

I hope it makes you feel better...
p.s. i didn't actually mean it. no, don't send me to the front!! i have eleven children and two pet dogs to feed!!!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 27, 2002, 14:23   #22
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Ok, I got the linking directly to a post down. Have edited the thread to reflect that and will continue to edit the Directory in such a manner as well. I understand, however, that MrWIA is going to make a new post and take over that little part of his job in the future. I will link to IT in the directory in the same manner once it is created.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 27, 2002, 17:32   #23
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Well, if you insist...

YOU'RE AN AWFUL PRESIDENT WHO CAN'T EVEN FULFILL HIS MOST BASIC DUTIES!! I DEMAND THAT YOU RESIGN IMMEDIATELY!!

I hope it makes you feel better...
p.s. i didn't actually mean it. no, don't send me to the front!! i have eleven children and two pet dogs to feed!!!
hi ,

, ...

, you could go to the court and ask for his resignation , ..... if you have good grounds , ....

, feed the children to the dogs , eat the dogs , problem solved and you are ready to go ,.....

now , when our nation saw the first full moon , there where simple tables with numbers and details , ...

today they are gone ....

they would be as usefull as our blue pages and they would be so usefull for each and everyone of us , ....

have a nice day
Old August 27, 2002, 19:17   #24
Apocalypse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
Eva?
Come on...me and Trip's avatars are based on it. MWIA is in the process of watching the series too.
Old August 28, 2002, 05:41   #25
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Ah ... a local TV-series.
Old August 28, 2002, 07:55   #26
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
, you could go to the court and ask for his resignation , ..... if you have good grounds , ....
It was a joke.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 28, 2002, 10:26   #27
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:

It was a joke.
hi ,

the whole post was meant to be funny , ...

have a nice day
Old August 28, 2002, 21:50   #28
Apocalypse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
Ah ... a local TV-series.
Actually it isn't even shown on American TV. Trip downloaded it, I borrowed DVDs, and MWIA lives in New Zealand.
Old September 1, 2002, 11:03   #29
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

1 September - 1 day after Saturday's turn chat. AGAIN, it takes a LOT of clicking to find out that the game has progressed. Confusion is caused by the fact that there seem to be TWO 210 BC savegames....
Old September 1, 2002, 11:52   #30
adaMada
King

No, but the confusion is understandable.

One save takes us from 290-210 BC (including a little bit into 210 bc).

The second save takes us through the end of 210 BC but doesn't actually start the next turn.

There are lots of threads in the front page about that turnchat (Apparently there were some troubles) -- in general, a bit of research should basically reveal what's happened.

-- adaMada