Old September 1, 2002, 15:27   #61
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I think that one thing that might help shed some light on this issue is noting all the places where orders could be filed and where orders were filed -- it was clearly confusing.

First, there's the Foreign Ministry Office Threat. Generic orders are filed there, and have been so since Togas took over. http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=59421

Then there was the TurnChat/thread orders for 210 BC thread. Togas's orders were posted there, and can be found at http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...60396#1254120.

Then there's the Five Turn Plans thread, which some ministers updated to post their new orders. It seems that Togas did not post his orders there. http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=59544

I recall there being another thread, but can't seem to find it now.

I think the most important thing is that we do not try to blame this on any one person. These events were clearly confusing, and were the result of a set of bad circumstances mostly beyond our control. I don't think any one person is totally at fault.

The most important thing is that we come away from this with a better system, so this doesn't happen again in a situation where far more problems could be caused.

-- adaMada
Old September 1, 2002, 19:28   #62
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

So many problems. This one needs to be addressed now.

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
One thing that I hope the Constitutional Convention will address is Tech Trade powers -- currently, the power is granted to the Foreign Minister but many citizens seem to feel that the Science Minister has power in this area too, which might have contributed to the confusion as Apoc came out in support of this plan. This clearly needs to be clarified. I will also push for a more formal system of submitting orderes -- right now, we have orders posted in several places, plus standing orders in some Office Threads (I know our office thread has generic standing orders). We clearly need a place where all finalized orders will be posted or sent, and any updates must be made there. That way, in a case like this, it would be easy to check if this plan had been added into the Orders.
First, I have no power in tech trades. I am just suppose to advise. I can just tell them what I think and the foreign minister is suppose to take that into consideration. I just make a post in all my orders that all trades are approved because I haven't come into any conflict with a foreign minister in neither this term nor the last. I just like techwhoring. It is clear in the constitution that I have no real power to make decisions in the tech trade though and my orders should never take precident for the foreign minister's.

I am at least thankful that this turn did not end. Before it is ending it is imparative that we switch from engineering. That was never an order. In all my ideas, I have always planned on just buying Engineering. We will research either Theology or Chivalry next though. Dora didn't get much support in the poll. I am going to post a comprehensive tech guide about the Middle Ages a little later tonight.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 1, 2002, 21:50   #63
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
So many problems. This one needs to be addressed now.

First, I have no power in tech trades. I am just suppose to advise. I can just tell them what I think and the foreign minister is suppose to take that into consideration. I just make a post in all my orders that all trades are approved because I haven't come into any conflict with a foreign minister in neither this term nor the last. I just like techwhoring. It is clear in the constitution that I have no real power to make decisions in the tech trade though and my orders should never take precident for the foreign minister's.
Yea, I understand that . And I almost always agree with your assessment; there's almost never a problem.

Having said that, I'm not sure that everyone knows that -- the more experienced players do, but I know there was an argument over it once. It really doesn't matter at all, since you and Togas have nearly always agreed, but I think that it should be clarified -- someone in that thread should have sat up and thought "Wait a sec, Togas hasn't commented yet..." Instead, it seemed like it was already done.

Just clarifying -- I know that you and I know that, and I'm not criticizing you for supporting that plan either. I'm just pointing out that it might have been another cause of confusion, and maybe some thought should go into it.

-- adaMada
Old September 2, 2002, 00:18   #64
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Honestly I hadn't read that whole Thinker's Guild thread. I didn't know if Togas posted or not. I can't really remember that far back. I just put in my input.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 2, 2002, 06:15   #65
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 17:59
Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
I also share responsibility for the Foreign Ministry Issue.

I had every intention of being at the Turnchat, and had I been there I would have recognized that those were not Togas' orders.

I owe an apology to the Demo Game community -- my access to the net went down, and I didn't make the chat as I'd intended to, which meant that (persumably) there was no one to take over for Togas when he had to leave.
I, too, must share responsibility for my part in this. Of all people in the Foreign Ministry, I should have been there, and I wasn't. There's no excuse. I, too owe an apology to Togas and the community. It won't happen again.
Old September 4, 2002, 01:22   #66
Vitreous Humor
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:59
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
Why not post the new 210 BC save in a new thread ..?
Has it been posted anywhere? I can't find it.

Edit: Well, if I looked back on page 2 of this thread...

Last edited by Vitreous Humor; September 4, 2002 at 01:32.
Old September 4, 2002, 10:32   #67
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:59
Well, I just have the worst f***ing luck. I had just finished the turns and had finished the report (which I was doing in a reply window for this thread whilst playing). When I saved and exited Civ3, my computer crashed and all the sodding work wenT kaput.

Yes, well.

It is 2:30 am here and I need to be up at 7, so I will be brief.

We are now a Monarchy and have almost finished roads to Chartres and Greece. Germany was threatening with many many Swordmen near Napoleton, but that was when Munich was killed for 5gold, and Germany settled for peace for all their gold (54 or so) and about 8gpt. Persia will now settle for all their gold and as much as 11gpt, but per standing orders I did not grant them peace. German Swordsmen are starting to move out of our territory.

Shiber's manoeuvre was successful and no Galleys were lost. Uber Isle is an isthmus on what appears to be a larger landmass of grass and plains. The part closest to us has gold, a cow and a shielded grassland. I post the screenshot elsewhere. I established the embassy with the Aztecs and will post the screenshot below. They are in their GA.

Greece, Germany, Russia and I think Persia have Theology but will not sell it for blood nor money. Greece once demanded our TM and 28g, so I acquiesced as per the orders. The mapwhoring worked OK, and we got a net 20 or so gold from everyone. Many still did not have any gold to offer us.

A few of the City Planning orders were off a turn as the turn of Anarchy produced nothing, but no biggy there. I made some improvised troop movements, especially near Napoleton (look at the worker stack), and managed to save everything from marauding German and Persian Archers. Chiquita and Seeburg have been attacked, and Chiquita by the Persians.

That's all I can think of, so excuse me whilst I go and crash myself.

MrWIA.
Attached Files:

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 4, 2002, 10:36   #68
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Tenochtitlan, 210 BC

Does anyone know how I can post this so it isn't miniscule?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	tenochtitlansht.jpg
Views:	1137
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	23554  

Old September 4, 2002, 10:39   #69
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:59
Wow 8gpt for peace with the germans thats great. They have no back bone whatsever.
Old September 4, 2002, 10:44   #70
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

It was pathetic. Two turns before they wouldn't talk to us. One turn before they had severly attacked Napoleton and looked ready to take it. We kill Munich and they fall over themselves to lick my boots clean.

Sad, really.

Old September 4, 2002, 10:55   #71
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:59
What a peace deal with the Germans! I must say I'm surprised, as well as delighted. Bismarck turned out to have the backbone of a jellyfish.
MrWIA, regarding the screenshot: any pic that exceeds the limits of (I think) 600 by 600 pixels is reduced in size. However, you can cut out the most important parts of the screenshot (the city view and the part that shows income and production) and turn them into two separate images and then post them.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 4, 2002, 11:06   #72
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Just looked at the save and things are looking really good.

Everythings looking great.
Old September 4, 2002, 11:15   #73
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:59
Good job mr. president.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 4, 2002, 11:19   #74
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:59
I second this. Really good job, Mr. President!
Old September 4, 2002, 12:46   #75
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 22:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Yes! (No chance to look at the save yet), but it appears as if our plan to save Napoleton worked eh? :-)

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old September 4, 2002, 12:55   #76
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

It has been said before, but i'll say it again great job Mr. President. Uber island is better than we dreamed, now to beat up on persia. Good job bringing warrior back home now we can have 4swords + 2horse when we attack Tyre and sidon, though those 2 persian archers worry me alittle but I think the pose no real threat.
Aggie
Old September 4, 2002, 13:06   #77
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

I can think of only one thing to say at this point:

Excellent!

Great work MWIA! History shall remember you kindly!
Old September 4, 2002, 14:17   #78
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:59
I would have said this last round was wonderful but then I'd be underestimating it.
Thank you MWIA! Great job indeed!
You signed the peace treaty with Germany just at the right moment, just when it became clear to all that we'll be wasting too much time and money if we try to take Hamburg and we'd probably fail too.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 4, 2002, 16:28   #79
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'm very pleased with how this turnthread worked out. Peace with Germany and 8 gpt, a new world discovered, and Persian enemies who will give us all their cash + 11 gpt and we haven't even taken a city yet!

Mr.WIA's popularity returns.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 4, 2002, 17:27   #80
adaMada
King

Wow.

Nice results MWIA . I was starting to get worried about our luck .

-- adaMada
Old September 4, 2002, 17:30   #81
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

btw, When is the next turnthread/chat?...
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 4, 2002, 19:56   #82
Apocalypse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Greece, Germany, Russia and I think Persia have Theology but will not sell it for blood nor money.
I was right. We must get Theology in a peace deal with Persia.

I expect England is screwed too.
Old September 5, 2002, 02:47   #83
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:59
What did we ever do to the Persians that they are willing to bleed their economy to tiny bits just to have peace with us? We didn't even take a city, did we? Only some slaves...
Old September 5, 2002, 08:24   #84
OPD
King

The french probably paid them more in science and money to join the war than they're offering to end it.
Old September 5, 2002, 09:49   #85
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

The only thing we should accept to end the war with them is all their Cities except Tarus, all there tech, all there Lytons and however much Lpt we can get.
Old September 5, 2002, 12:24   #86
Proserpine
Warlord

? Isle/Island is beautiful. It could be that somewhere down there we'll find the other Civs. We should fully explore & settle the Northern end asap.

Good job, Mr Prez.
Old September 5, 2002, 15:50   #87
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 00:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Proserpine
? Isle/Island is beautiful. It could be that somewhere down there we'll find the other Civs. We should fully explore & settle the Northern end asap.

Good job, Mr Prez.
My guess is the island is uninhabited. By this time, any civilivation would have REXed the whole island. This is very cool.
Old September 8, 2002, 10:07   #88
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Ohhhhh.... Finished after 5 or so hours. It's 2am here, so no real report - that will come in 24 hours. Thanks to GodKing, Shiber, Aro and WhiteBandit who stayed most if not ALL of the way through, and made life easier. Also trickey, adaMada and rJames who were there briefly (hope I haven't forgot anyone).

Here is the save:

The most interesting things are our exploration of Uber Island - it is not enormous but so far uninhabited, we can maybe get 7 or so cities there, most grassland, with so far two whales, a hut, Horses and Iron. America and Germany signed an alliance against Aztecs at some point (50 BC?) and we have been beating off Persian hordes of Archers to the E.
Attached Files:

Old September 8, 2002, 10:11   #89
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:59
Here is the log if any are interested....
4 am to 10:15.... long.... need a nap and some food.....

See ya all in 24 to 36 or so.
Attached Files:
File Type: txt log of 130 to 50 bc..txt (107.3 KB, 19 views)

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 8, 2002, 10:15   #90
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:59
Save downloaded, great job, folks! It was a privilege to me.