Old August 28, 2002, 09:52   #1
dojoboy
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 03:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Time to move up in difficulty?
I posted this also at CFC, trying to get various opinions.

Okay, I'm one those players who enjoy civ3 on various levels (warlord to monarch). It appears I'm on my way to my third consecutive (attempts) monarch level victory (standard map), probably by domination. My first two were diplomatic and domination victories.

Questions: (1) Is it time to move up in difficulty level? (2) Outside of keeping my people happy and a production & unit handicap, what more is there to consider? If I'm winning monarch level games, is my game-play (I know you don't have specifics here) more or less sufficient for the higher levels?

Current Mind-set: I want to win a deity game; however, I don't believe I'd play deity regularly once I did.

Thanks in advance.
Old August 28, 2002, 10:39   #2
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 10:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Well, since there are not specifics, not much to advice. However, I move up a difficultly level after at least 5 consecutive wins, and when I generally feel the AI is not too much of a challenge to me at that level. You might want to see how much you're beating the AI - if you're ahead in tech and have twice the army, move up. If you are winning just barely, you might still want to play where you are.

Also, not that Deity is almost a whole different game - huge advantages for the AI.