Old August 29, 2002, 01:12   #1
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 00:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
6 people shot to death in AL. This would not happen with gun control
http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/08/28/ala....ap/index.html

I'm so tired of this. There are 6 people that will never contribute to society. They will never make a husband for some girl. They will never start a family. They will never help someone in need.

When will the carnage end? When will people realize that the NRA are a bunch of nuts clinging to outdated ideals?

And some of this happened in a mobile home. Obviously mobile homes are the source of most domestic violence from white trash. I propose along with banning guns we also ban mobile homes. These things are death traps in hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, and tornados. And the lack of a stable home also cause increased violence.

Old August 29, 2002, 01:18   #2
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 02:03
Unstable? Do they like, rock a lot?
Old August 29, 2002, 01:19   #3
JCG
Prince

Hear, Hear....And yet nothing changes.
Old August 29, 2002, 01:20   #4
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 03:03
If mobile homes are death traps, and mobile homes only house white trash, then what's the problem?
Old August 29, 2002, 01:23   #5
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Yes, exactly loinburger, in fact we should build more and use them like mousetraps; just put one on every cul de sac.
Old August 29, 2002, 01:25   #6
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

And we should also issue a free unregistered firearm with each mobile home because its cheaper to bury them than put them in prison.
Old August 29, 2002, 01:57   #7
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 18:03

Sick bastards.
Old August 29, 2002, 02:02   #8
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

hey I'm considered white trash. Not all white trash is bad ya know.

damn this used to be such an easy troll. come on! somene has to be for guns.
Old August 29, 2002, 02:49   #9
The Mad Monk
Emperor

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old August 29, 2002, 02:55   #10
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 09:03
ok, ok, i'll say it....
Guns don't kill people, people kill people, when will you anti-gun sissies learn that.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old August 29, 2002, 03:01   #11
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

just for the record I'm not an anti-gun sissy. I only take that position for troll purposes. I own a 9 mm glock-17. I use hydro-shock hollowpoint ammunition. Although I'm not sure I like my glock too much anymore. I may go with an old fogey weapon. I'm thinking about getting a revolver .

Any suggestions for a good revolver?
Old August 29, 2002, 04:06   #12
Kropotkin
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
Obviously hydro-shock hollowpoint is a must for target practice...
Old August 29, 2002, 06:34   #13
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 10:03

"-Sir, why do you need that M60 Standard Military Issue Light Machine gun?
- errmm... m , it's for hunting. yep , that's right."

Oh , and I am pro-guns, btw.
Old August 29, 2002, 06:59   #14
TheStinger
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 08:03
Is it because Americans they have small penises that they need to have a gun?
Old August 29, 2002, 07:57   #15
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 07:03
Quote:
"-Sir, why do you need that M60 Standard Military Issue Light Machine gun?
- errmm... m , it's for hunting. yep , that's right."
Taking down those two-legged dear can be a real *****. Especially the uniformed ones.

Old August 29, 2002, 15:30   #16
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

obviously the hyrdoshoks aren't for target practice. They are too expensive. Although I have fired them at targets before to see if there was a difference. Usually I use parabellum rounds.

do we need a gun? of course not. But considering most criminals have guns I feel a little better with one. I'm sure it has nothing to do with penis size.

Now you could make a case with Americans driving big SUV's having small penises.
Old August 29, 2002, 15:38   #17
dunk
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by TheStinger
Is it because Americans they have small penises that they need to have a gun?
But the Japanese people in the Chinpokomon episode of South Park said we have huge ones.
Old August 29, 2002, 15:40   #18
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

I'm pro-gun and pro-gun control. I think honest, responsible, law abiding citizens should be allowed to own guns. I think what's necessary is to make getting guns harder for criminals. The first thing you can do is create a much more elaborate screening process required for gun licenses. It's easier to get a gun license than a credit card these days.

Second, I'm in favor of taxing guns heavily to make them more expensive. This would also make illegal weapons more expensive and harder to get.

Because human beings are evil, violent animals; you will never have a utopian society without gun violence. The only thing we can hope to do is decrease the proliferation of guns.
Old August 29, 2002, 15:41   #19
dunk
Prince

I'm confused. Are you trying to bait some pro-gun people into an argument by saying you own hollow-points?
Old August 29, 2002, 15:47   #20
David Floyd
Emperor

Sava - as soon as you amend the Constitution to allow laws to be made specifically so that they can apply against one segment of the population (ie prospective gun owners), and as soon as you pass an amendment allowing people to be screened before conducting a private business transaction, you can go ahead.

Fortunately, my **** will turn purple and smell like roses before we Constitutionally allow bills of attainder and create such a police state.
Old August 29, 2002, 15:48   #21
Q Classic
Emperor

it's alabama... what's the problem?
Old August 29, 2002, 15:49   #22
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
Second, I'm in favor of taxing guns heavily to make them more expensive. This would also make illegal weapons more expensive and harder to get.
I dunno, it might just make illegal weapons cheaper than legal weapons. You don't want people turning to the black market just to avoid sin taxes...
Old August 29, 2002, 15:51   #23
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
Fortunately, my **** will turn purple and smell like roses before we Constitutionally allow bills of attainder and create such a police state.
I thought that bills of attainder were orders of execution.
Old August 29, 2002, 15:52   #24
David Floyd
Emperor

No, a bill of attainder is a legislative act that singles out an individual or group.
Old August 29, 2002, 15:53   #25
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

Quote:
Why would someone selling an illegal gun bother to charge tax?

I've shot recreationally. I feel that most people are responsible enough to own guns. Unfortunately, there is a small group that isn't responsible, and it seems beyond the capability of any bureaucracy to accurately determine the identity of that group and bar them from owning guns. So they ought to be banned for everyone's safety, despite the fact that I like shooting.

It's curious that the most violent people in the world (Americans) are the only ones who are entitled by their nation's constitution to own guns. I can't figure out which is cause and which is effect, yet.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old August 29, 2002, 15:59   #26
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
No, a bill of attainder is a legislative act that singles out an individual or group.
Are you sure? The dictionary says

Quote:
A legislative act pronouncing a person guilty of a crime, usually treason, without trial and subjecting that person to capital punishment and attainder.
So yeah, it singles out an individual or group, but an order of execution kinda has to. Otherwise, how's everybody going to know who they're supposed to execute?
Old August 29, 2002, 15:59   #27
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 10:03
Quote:
Taking down those two-legged dear can be a real *****. Especially the uniformed ones
oh, you better change that tune. THEY are watching....

About guns , I have a cliche that suits my line of thought:
" Guns don't kill people, People do. "
People will still be able to kill someone , with the kitchen knife. That won't stop anything. Why not allow guns ? ( handguns, Shotguns, Rifles )
Old August 29, 2002, 15:59   #28
Jac de Molay
Prince

Quote:
Sava - as soon as you amend the Constitution to allow laws to be made specifically so that they can apply against one segment of the population (ie prospective gun owners), and as soon as you pass an amendment allowing people to be screened before conducting a private business transaction, you can go ahead.
A private business transaction which involves the sale of a good which its inherent (not incidental) use involves the harm of another person, innocent or otherwise(possibly a child) deserves to bear a little more scrutiny than most business transactions.

I agree with Sava. Tax em'. Extend the waiting period. And for pete's sake, sell em with a damn trigger lock.
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old August 29, 2002, 16:01   #29
Sinapus
Warlord

Local Time: 01:03
Quote:
I'm pro-gun and pro-gun control. I think honest, responsible, law abiding citizens should be allowed to own guns. I think what's necessary is to make getting guns harder for criminals. The first thing you can do is create a much more elaborate screening process required for gun licenses. It's easier to get a gun license than a credit card these days.
Oh? Care to specify which "gun license" you are referring to, or was that an empty claim that sounded good?

Quote:
Actually, it won't.

The black market has it's own little laws of supply and demand. Making legal weapons more expensive only makes life difficult for honest people, but then some people actually want that.
Old August 29, 2002, 16:05   #30
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
A legislative act pronouncing a person guilty of a crime, usually treason, without trial and subjecting that person to capital punishment and attainder.
It normally involves an act punishing someone, not necessarily with the death penalty, but what is an arbitrary tax? A punishment, I'd say.

Quote:
A private business transaction which involves the sale of a good which its inherent (not incidental) use involves the harm of another person, innocent or otherwise(possibly a child) deserves to bear a little more scrutiny than most business transactions.
Funny, knife sales aren't screened - and exactly what purpose do you think a Bowie knife was designed for? Killing, that's what.

Also, the primary use of rat poison is killing - and it has certainly been used in the past to kill humans, and is reasonable to assume that it will be again, yet I don't see special taxes or permits for rat poison.