Old October 3, 2002, 23:13   #61
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 08:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Now this thread could just as easily been in the Dir. of Research discussion area
Old October 4, 2002, 16:35   #62
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:06
what?
Old October 4, 2002, 20:01   #63
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:06
I agree: What?
Old October 19, 2002, 22:12   #64
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

bump,

morgan, the idiot, traded us some nice juicy techs for some of our more worthless ones!
Code:
TO MORGAN                       FROM MORGAN
Doctrine: Mobilty               Planetary Networks 
Applied Physics                 Industrial Economics
Our Maps                        Ethical Calculus
send in official requests for tech choices to try and sway those among us with little or no independant thought!
the polls are now open!
Doctrine: Flexibility - Lemmy
Old October 20, 2002, 06:40   #65
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:06
i second lemmys idea and i want ind auto
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 20, 2002, 06:49   #66
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:06
I say IndAuto.
Old October 20, 2002, 07:33   #67
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

IndAuto.
Old October 27, 2002, 20:14   #68
Method
Emperor

/me must inform you due to...ah to hell with it

THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED
Old October 27, 2002, 21:17   #69
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 03:06
Doctrine: Flexibility: We need to pop those sea pods!

. . . after that:

Cyberethics via Intellectual Integrity: Get on the University's good side!

. . . after that:

Centauri Empathy via Secrets of the Human Brain: We need that Empath Guild!

All recommendations subject to change. Adam assumes no responsibility for losses incurred by acting on aforesaid recommendations.
Old October 27, 2002, 23:19   #70
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Doc. Flex and Ind Auto
Old October 28, 2002, 08:18   #71
Method
Emperor

we got ind auto already
Old February 17, 2003, 16:55   #72
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:06
Last turnchat I ordered an alien artifact to move to Sheathed Sword to await further decision what to do with it. So I'm wondering: should we just cash it in now, wait to cash it in until we desperately need some tech one day, or used it for something entirely else? Should AdamTG poll this? (some ancient poll said the DoS has control over artifacts, though it isn't mentioned in the constitution.)
Old February 17, 2003, 17:23   #73
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 02:06
The last artifact we cashed in was found near Akiria, and I got to call the shot... not sure if it was constitutional, but we got a nice tech out of it

I say cash the thing ASAP, since this isn't that other game where you lose all those built up tech points if you get the tech you're researching through other means.

Alternatively we could wait 1 turn until we get NG so the artifact could give us Bio-Eng or something nice like that...

*rolls Alien Dice*
"Daddy needs a new pair o' clean reactors!"
Old February 17, 2003, 18:16   #74
Method
Emperor

someone bumped the network node!
Quote:
Originally posted by Cedayon
not sure if it was constitutional
it wasn't

EDIT: actually, i'm not sure if that poll was official or not.
Old February 17, 2003, 18:58   #75
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
it wasn't
Old February 17, 2003, 20:57   #76
Method
Emperor

hey everyone....what's you opinion on uhm, gifting tech to the AI so that they keep up-to-date with our modern tech and we can trade with them?

i was thinking of fusion power->morgan and centauri empathy->deirdre
Old February 17, 2003, 22:12   #77
Cedayon
King

Hmm, the general idea of trading tech to allies for such purposes is fine with me... Fusion is a bit important, though... and I'm not sure how far we can trust Deidre to not go Planet-Crusade on us...

Best to poll it, no? ... Now where did we put our DFA and DoR... *digs through the closets*
Old February 18, 2003, 13:52   #78
Cedayon
King

Some research-related things I'd like to hear some thoughts on:

I'm pretty sure we get NG next turn ('57), and from there we can get Bio Engineering, which allows clean reactors... which is massively important

From there, however... if we research Silksteel and Superstring Theory, we can then research Monopole Magnets which will give us Mag Tubes! We have more than enough formers to make a complete mag tube network a reality (particularly considering that the under-construction network allows the application of almost all formers to the job without movement delay)... I know I probably don't have to tell all of you how awesome that could be, but I'm going to anyway :

- Crawlers! We could make even better use of these gems than we are now... think about it: build a crawler in New Tassagrad, mag it all the way to Capricorn, rehome it there, then mag it all the way back down to some of the outside-radii squares near Akiria and Aurillion to convoy stuff back to Capricorn... all inside of 1 turn!

- Defense! We could mag reinforcements to any threatened city on the network from any of the other cities... and even attack in the same turn with no movement penalty!

... I could go on, but I think I've made my point
Old February 19, 2003, 10:10   #79
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 01:06
All I can say is:

Yea for Mag Tubes!

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old February 19, 2003, 11:09   #80
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Do we actually know what our next tech will be or does it yet have to polled?
Old February 19, 2003, 12:59   #81
Hercules
Deity

I am fairly sure its NG and doesn't need to be polled. It scored very high on the last poll.
Old February 19, 2003, 13:12   #82
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
I am fairly sure its NG and doesn't need to be polled. It scored very high on the last poll.
We're already researching it and will have it next turn. I don't think Bio-Engineering was in the last poll (wasn't available), and it's the main reason so many of us voted NG... so I would say a new tech poll is in order.
Old February 19, 2003, 13:13   #83
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 01:06
I'll agree there...

(that, and the fact that I'm starting to get more active again...)

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old February 19, 2003, 14:31   #84
Cedayon
King

Btw, any decision made on whether we're gonna cash that Artifact at the beginning of the turnchat?
Old February 19, 2003, 16:53   #85
Maniac

AdamTG has to make the decision. But we haven't heard much of him the last few days.