Old August 30, 2002, 10:31   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Gazette Submissions for Sat
This is what I am going to be writing on my roundabout flight home. Got to stop in New Mexico for some reason...I will likely be online now and then during the flights as well. Anyone wishing to help, go ahead and write a story and PM to me. You can even write on one of these to save me the trouble:

Port Rouge Disorder
Germany and Greece vs Aztecs
Starvation at Here It Is
Spearman lost in AA, AA revenges
Rhiems taken. Capitol moves to Marseille. retaken by French warrior
MrWIA spit in Emmissaries eyes
French archer retreats from Port Rouge
Take Marseille. Joan escapes again to Avignon

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; August 30, 2002 at 12:31.
Old August 30, 2002, 10:44   #2
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:09
AFAIK Joan fled when we took Rheims (not Marseille) and moved her capital to Avignon.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 30, 2002, 10:47   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Thx.

That's not what the report said...The AA attacked Rheims. The SA attacked Marseille and Joan moved to the desert...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 30, 2002, 10:55   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:09
Actually she moved to Marseille when we took Rheims, then to Avignon when we took that city!

Perhaps there should be an expose on French Governmental Buildings:

French Official: "The silks for the French Government buildings are only the finest, direct from the finest silkworm farms in the world..."
Interviewer: "But what about the bricks, the wood...?"
Official: "We have transcended the need for fixed strucutures that disallow strategic movements during times of war, as we are in now. We are confident all Governments will follow our lead eventually"
Interviewer: "So what you're saying is that the French Government building is a tent?!"
Official: "......."

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 30, 2002, 11:00   #5
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I see, slippery little vixen...

Go ahead and write a full article, MrWIA...and would you care to submit a reply to your spitting in the emissaries face, or should I come up with one for you?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 30, 2002, 11:10   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Hmm. I'll do a French Government Buildings Expose. When should this be done by? I can likely have it around 12 hours from now.

Old August 30, 2002, 11:17   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That's fine. About...5am my time tomorrow should be the deadline. That's...7am EST...1400 GMT? and...1am Sunday??? your time???

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 30, 2002, 11:25   #8
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 02:09
could you please to include the an excerpt from the stats? whatever you find most interesting
Old August 30, 2002, 11:43   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Easily done, and a link to the complete form.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 30, 2002, 12:07   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Sent mine by PM (Pigeon Mouse).
Old August 30, 2002, 12:30   #11
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Actually she moved to Marseille when we took Rheims, then to Avignon when we took that city!
You mean we attacked Rheims before Marseille? It was supposed to go the other way around because capitals get a defensive bonus and if we attacked Marseille before Rheims we would have only had to deal with one French capital, not two.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 30, 2002, 12:43   #12
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Last session was a bad bad dream. Make it go away.........
Old August 30, 2002, 12:48   #13
Shiber
Emperor

I'm so sorry I didn't suggest that UnOrthOdOx plays the last turn instead of MWIA. I wanted to but I was afraid MWIA might take this as an insult.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 30, 2002, 13:00   #14
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That would have proven difficult for me to play from California when my game was installed on my computer in Utah...I mean, I could have TRIED some desktop sharing or something, and would have if MrWIA had not returned...but I don't know how well that would have worked. I am still currently in New Mexico, so the turn may have just been delayed till tonight sometime.

MrWIA knew all of this and we jointly decided to have him play to keep the game moving.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 30, 2002, 14:17   #15
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

OK, article on Starvation at Paris is complete and sent. I think I've found another muse, though I like the sound of a slippery vixen.
Old August 30, 2002, 14:25   #16
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Nice article too. Much better than what I would have wrote.

With that, so far we have finished from the above list:

from jdjdjd:
Starvation in Here It Is, formerly Paris

From GhengisFarb:
$Market Update

I got:
Port Rouge in disorder
Greek alliance with Germany
Sacking of Rheims,
and the AA revenge

MrWIA...you want to comment on the spitting incident? Otherwise I am 'quoting' you...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; August 30, 2002 at 14:49.
Old August 30, 2002, 14:46   #17
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

EDIT: Never mind
Old August 30, 2002, 19:54   #18
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber

You mean we attacked Rheims before Marseille? It was supposed to go the other way around because capitals get a defensive bonus and if we attacked Marseille before Rheims we would have only had to deal with one French capital, not two.
Hey, I just followed orders, which as they happened somehow ended up with the attack on Marseilles last, in 230 BC. Unfortunately we didn't arrive until 210 BC, so Rheims was attacked well before then. If I hadn't played the extra turn, we wouldn't even have Marseilles!

The defensive bonus didn't do very much for them anyway - we lost one Archer from the Archer Army, and nothing else.

Old August 30, 2002, 22:40   #19
Reddawg
Prince

Oh, and I feel the need now to stress at every opportunity the importance of 1) keeping Germany's unheard of expansion in check and
2) immediately expanding onto Uber Isle.

the statistics, trust me, support both of these facts.
Old August 30, 2002, 22:40   #20
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Yah the attack on Rheims first was a last minute change. I was afraid Rheims could pop rush if we waited too long. This does bring a question. Do capitals automatically have walls or not, based on these battles i would say no. Maybe its just that there are more units in those cities.
Aggie