Old August 30, 2002, 13:27   #1
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 02:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Slave Labor Policies?
I'm sitting in my Comp Sci 2 class bored out of my mind and i just got this idea.

You institute a nationwide "slave labor policy", basically how fast you want to work your slaves (captured workers).

The base would be the default as the game knows it now, half the speed of your regular workers. what if you could slide that to up to 2x your own workers?

perhaps you could work them 2x faster but have the worker unit "die" in 20 turns or something. Working as fast as your regular workers lets them live 40 turns or something. This would provide a huge surge of public works but you would lose the worker after a while, effectively, working your slaves to death.

you'd have to make some rule about adding slave workers to cities though, because on turn 19 they could just dump them in a city, build a colony, or a radar tower, whatever.

Im sure they're are more exploits, but how do you like the idea?
Old August 30, 2002, 14:19   #2
Andrew_Jay
Prince

Local Time: 03:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
That would be cool, a slider to set the worker speed. Then everyturn, based on how hard you are working them, there could be a chance of so many of them dying, as if they had been sitting in a jungle.