Old October 24, 2002, 16:21   #361
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 03:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn05
Loin, I think you should consider asking Markos, DanQ, Rah, and MTG to vote for you as Horator of the Great House of Apolyton.
Good idea, but I'm already Emperor of Apolyton. Is Hortator better still?
Old October 24, 2002, 18:11   #362
Tuberski

Local Time: 02:11
Better, only in the sense that you would be the only one.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old October 24, 2002, 18:16   #363
tinyp3nis
Prince

Local Time: 10:11
How to get alchemy so high that I'll be able to see all 4 properties of ingredients. I'm at 50 something and tried eating... not sure but seems that more expensive things I eat more likely it will have effect on me.
Is this the only way?:
Quote:
I mostly trained mine up my just eating stuff, since I always seemed to have tons and tons of Saltrice and Bonemeal in particular (neither of which can be sold for very much). Just get a couple dozen/hundred ingredients that don't sell for much of anything, and sit there eating them all. IIRC Alchemy as a Minor skill increased by about two or three points for each ingredient I ate (it doesn't matter how valuable the ingredient), so a couple sacks of Saltrice will up you a skill point.
or is there some guy somewhere who trains up to level xx?
Old October 24, 2002, 19:44   #364
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 00:11
One way to up your Alchemy is to find the Alchemist in Balmora in the rich district. Purchase Alit hide, and Kwama Cuttle in abundance. Then make a pile of potions... some attempts will fail, that's okay this stuff is cheap. Then sell the potions back to her. She has 3000 gold, so you can sell alot of potions back. Rinse and repeat. You'll be getting up there in Alchemey before you know it.
Old October 24, 2002, 20:16   #365
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by tinyp3nis
How to get alchemy so high that I'll be able to see all 4 properties of ingredients. I'm at 50 something and tried eating... not sure but seems that more expensive things I eat more likely it will have effect on me.
Is this the only way?:

or is there some guy somewhere who trains up to level xx?
IIRC, the kahjit in the Balmora Mages Guild that give you your beginning quest trains Alchemy.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old October 24, 2002, 20:57   #366
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

There's a Secret Master who'll train you up to 100 in Alchemy, but I forget where she is. All I remember is that she's a "she", and she's in the Proplyon chamber of one of the ancient Dunmer strongholds.
Old October 24, 2002, 22:22   #367
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
There's a Secret Master who'll train you up to 100 in Alchemy, but I forget where she is. All I remember is that she's a "she", and she's in the Proplyon chamber of one of the ancient Dunmer strongholds.

Odds are I killed her then.

I think I found either a bug or somthing neat... a corpus stalker OUTSIDE BALMORA!!

I rested up in the fighter's guild beds so I can continue plundering morrowind, I went out the silt strider gate and on that island between the bridges was a corprus stalker! Next time I see somthing like that I'll post a picture.
Old October 25, 2002, 02:08   #368
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Killed Vivec, that whimp!

If you kill a god, do you become one yourself? Cause I don't feel any different
Old October 25, 2002, 05:58   #369
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:11
Master Alchemy Trainer is in Valenvaryon Stronhold Propylon chamber

SG[1]
Old October 25, 2002, 18:06   #370
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba
Killed Vivec, that whimp!

If you kill a god, do you become one yourself? Cause I don't feel any different

Patriach of the Temple... killed Vevic... and no one seems to know.

Good thing I saved the game before hand, I don't want to screw my Tribunal game.
Old October 25, 2002, 18:10   #371
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

Good idea, but I'm already Emperor of Apolyton. Is Hortator better still?

But once you topple Ming, you'll get the Staff of Banning

Chop: 1-5
Slash: 1-2
Trust: 1-2
Cast when strike

Damage health 100 points on target
Drain personality 40 points on self

EDIT: Small error on how the spell is cast.

Last edited by Thrawn05; October 25, 2002 at 19:53.
Old October 25, 2002, 18:36   #372
Tuberski

Quote:

But once you topple Ming, you'll get the Staff of Banning

Drain personality 40 points on self

Old October 25, 2002, 19:55   #373
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski

I'll put that in my Mingapulco plug-in I'm making.
Old October 25, 2002, 20:11   #374
Tuberski

That would be very important!

Old October 25, 2002, 20:34   #375
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:11
I like it ...
When is the plug in coming out?

SG[1]
Old October 25, 2002, 21:55   #376
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse Gits
I like it ...
When is the plug in coming out?

SG[1]

Hard to say, I was hopeing for a late october release (I started it a week ago or so), but I'm having trouble with dialog and scripting. I want it to be perfect. Graphical details are not a concern to me, I just it to flow well.

I'm guessing before or right after Tribunal is released. I'm trying to keep it under 1MB, since I would like it to uploaded here (that and Morrowind Files is ALWAYS having DL problems and Dragonsite is run by idiots that I seemed to make mad for unknown reasons).

I won't spoil anything, so if you want any spoilers PM and I'll tell you the plot... just don't tell anyone else.
Old October 25, 2002, 22:55   #377
tinyp3nis
Prince

There is a bug in the fort something plugin? After I did the quest everyone selling "travel" will ask for 5+ times as much as they used to... other prices seems to be normal.
Old October 26, 2002, 10:02   #378
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
There is a bug in the fort something plugin? After I did the quest everyone selling "travel" will ask for 5+ times as much as they used to... other prices seems to be normal.
Fast travel is based on distance and how many NPCs are following you.

For example, for the sake of example, let's say going from Suran to Balmora is 18 septims. Having a slave following you will add on to that.

I don't know of any bugs with the seige at fort firemoth. I'm still trying to beat it... guess my level 47 char can't pull it off.
Old October 26, 2002, 10:44   #379
Thrawn05
King

I need some help...

I'm book hunting now and I'm trying to collect at least one copy of all the books in morrowind (I want to be a super geek when it comes to ES history )

I know of the two book stores in Vevic and Ald-Ruhn, but I want to know if there are any other really big book stors.
Old October 26, 2002, 12:18   #380
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I just put a chest in my stronghold and added a copy of every book in the game to it. It's a whole lot faster.
Old October 26, 2002, 12:33   #381
tinyp3nis
Prince

Quote:

Fast travel is based on distance and how many NPCs are following you.

For example, for the sake of example, let's say going from Suran to Balmora is 18 septims. Having a slave following you will add on to that.

I don't know of any bugs with the seige at fort firemoth. I'm still trying to beat it... guess my level 47 char can't pull it off.
Oh my god I know what's happening! I had 3 companions at the beginning, and they +1 I found in the fort survived. After I did the quest I made them follow me to the ship (slowly running ) since many games have rewards for finding people or not getting them killed. Well I didn't get any But it seems the game thinks they are still following me , when infact they aren't.
If you are wondering why my "friends" didn't die, it's because I accidently took the wrong way from the beginning and they couldn't follow me and get killed. I could give you a hint how to make the fort a bit easier, if you wan't it...
Old October 26, 2002, 13:52   #382
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
If you are wondering why my "friends" didn't die, it's because I accidently took the wrong way from the beginning and they couldn't follow me and get killed. I could give you a hint how to make the fort a bit easier, if you wan't it...
I know that way, but that would be cheating.
Old October 26, 2002, 13:57   #383
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
I just put a chest in my stronghold and added a copy of every book in the game to it. It's a whole lot faster.

I could too, but I want to have some sense of accoumplishment, and because I have 50K of money to blow before tribunal.
Old October 26, 2002, 14:11   #384
tinyp3nis
Prince

Quote:

I know that way, but that would be cheating.
So you know about the door huh? Well anyway what is the biggest problem you have ? The skeletons kill you too fast or something? You have even bigger level than I do btw, I'm 44 or something. I just went and hacked them all caveman style. Oh my difficulty is set to the normal value, I have never touched it. Have you set it higher?
Old October 26, 2002, 15:01   #385
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
So you know about the door huh? Well anyway what is the biggest problem you have ? The skeletons kill you too fast or something? You have even bigger level than I do btw, I'm 44 or something. I just went and hacked them all caveman style. Oh my difficulty is set to the normal value, I have never touched it. Have you set it higher?

My difficulty level is at a 100, but that's not the problem. Take what happened the first time I played...

Just when I stormed the castle, the Altmer died from archers.

When I got into the room with all the rates, I hacked away and hit the nord.... hard.

Then I was able to get to that Skeleton lord you had to beat, the wood elf was cut down by him by one stroke... and me shortly after.
Old October 26, 2002, 15:36   #386
tinyp3nis
Prince

Quote:

My difficulty level is at a 100, but that's not the problem. Take what happened the first time I played...

Just when I stormed the castle, the Altmer died from archers.

When I got into the room with all the rates, I hacked away and hit the nord.... hard.

Then I was able to get to that Skeleton lord you had to beat, the wood elf was cut down by him by one stroke... and me shortly after.
Either the difficulty makes a lot of difference, or you have much worse gear or much less hp than me???
Old October 26, 2002, 17:38   #387
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

Either the difficulty makes a lot of difference, or you have much worse gear or much less hp than me???
Well, I'm wearing Ebony Mail, two wrathguards, Daedric Greaves and Boots, and Golden Pauldrons. I also have a Daedric tower sheild.

My weapons are sunder, keening, some weird Dwemer spear that forts Spear skill and night eye constant effect. Last Rites, Dwemer crossbow with silver bolts. I also have a Glass longsword (since long blade is at 100, it's always good to have it).

All of my attributes are at a 100, with Intell at 99. Luck is at 42.

I don't recall my health and such, but I do have Azura's ring so fatige is not a problem. I'm guessing my Health is about 250 - 350... I'll have to recheck. I can't guess what my magicka is at. I should write it all down and let everyone else know how much a god my char is.

EDIT:
Health: 290
Magicka: 95
Fatige: 389

Last edited by Thrawn05; October 26, 2002 at 17:44.
Old October 27, 2002, 05:11   #388
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 23:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Did you guys get the giants 2.0 mod yet? No one should play morrowind w/o it. Adds over 50 new creatures. It's awesome.
Old October 27, 2002, 18:02   #389
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by BustaMike
Did you guys get the giants 2.0 mod yet? No one should play morrowind w/o it. Adds over 50 new creatures. It's awesome.
Heck no, that mod is horrible.

For starters, the animation is bad ("speedy gonzalas" feet), NONE of the new enemies were able to hit me (I was naked... right next to them, but they swing and always miss!).

There is also a game balance problem, since most of them give tons of stuff that seems to unbalance the alchemy part of the game.

Also my game slowed down a lot and after a while, it took a while to load each every cell.

What I did was make a small mod of my own for myself, that increased the strength and health on most of the animals.

Giants 1.3.1 was better IMHO, but I'm afraid to save a game with that plugin as well. Don't want to mess up Tribunal.

I learned VERY hard that you should always playtest a mod before you save a game with it. I lost my first char, and I'm not about to lose another (that was the Bank mod).
Old October 27, 2002, 20:11   #390
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 23:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
That mod works fine for me. All the new enemies function properly and can hit just fine. Sounds like a problem on your end.

Also you have to remember to clean your save and use the level list merger before installing any new mods just in case the game does decide to screw up.

I think you are the only person I've ever heard of that doesn't like this mod.