Old December 10, 2002, 16:48   #451
reds4ever
Prince

Local Time: 08:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramo
Imran and Thrawn, I'm following y'all, but there's something odd with the doors inside the skar. All of the doors excluding the one that lead out say they're "re-inforced" (or something to that effect), and don't do anything when I try to open it, including the three that lead to the House Redoran chambers.

I take it, it has something to do with the ghosts? Is there a particular time of the day I should try (I've tried around noon and around midnight)? Is there some sort of key I need?
i'm playing the Euro XBox version and those doors havn't been locked when i've been there, the Euro release of the game was held back 6 months or so to address certian 'issues' in the US version so maybe thats got something to do with it?

and can someone please tell me where the fourth spy is in the Caldera Ebony Mine, ive got the look out and two in side the cave?
Old December 10, 2002, 20:08   #452
Tuberski

Local Time: 02:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
I still play this game. It's hard to find time.

I made a possible mistake and specialized in medium armour. I read part of the gamespot guide and they say not to take medium armour.

I already restarted once, I don't want to have to do it again.

But I may restart and make a heavier fighter with just a sprinkling of magic use.

If you are on th PC, make sure to get the official "adamantium armor" mod from www.elderscrolls.com

It is medium armor with pretty good enchantment potential.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old December 10, 2002, 20:10   #453
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by reds4ever

i'm playing the Euro XBox version and those doors havn't been locked when i've been there, the Euro release of the game was held back 6 months or so to address certian 'issues' in the US version so maybe thats got something to do with it?

and can someone please tell me where the fourth spy is in the Caldera Ebony Mine, ive got the look out and two in side the cave?
There should be 3 inside the cave, they have always charged me when I went in there. On is a mage and two use weapons on you.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old December 10, 2002, 20:19   #454
reds4ever
Prince

Local Time: 08:11
i guess he's in the pond at the end of the cave? thinking about it there were 3 but only two bodies turned up, and one is still alive when i go back to the guild, maybe the mage teleopted out?
Old December 10, 2002, 22:16   #455
Tuberski

Quote:
i guess he's in the pond at the end of the cave? thinking about it there were 3 but only two bodies turned up, and one is still alive when i go back to the guild, maybe the mage teleopted out?
He may be stuck in a wall or stalagmites in the cave. I've never had anybody flee from me.

ACK!
Old December 11, 2002, 00:49   #456
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
I hope you know, that by doing this, you can't join House Telvanni or the Theives guild, and I think you might be expelled if you already in them.

And of the three Houses, Telvanni gives you tons of free spells and really kicking items, like Daedric Curiass and Graves that both have a constant 50pts Feather enchantment. So the greaves are like 4 lbs when you wear them, and the Curass is cut in half.
Old December 11, 2002, 00:50   #457
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski
I've never had anybody flee from me.

ACK!
Jumping over NPCs tends to make them run away... even guards.
Old December 11, 2002, 01:45   #458
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 03:11
I got Ebony Mail right now. Medium armor is ok though, especially since Bonemail fits that and I believe Indoril Armor is medium (though I could be wrong on that).
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old December 11, 2002, 05:01   #459
Drew Dude
Settler

Local Time: 07:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn05

I hope you know, that by doing this, you can't join House Telvanni or the Theives guild, and I think you might be expelled if you already in them.

And of the three Houses, Telvanni gives you tons of free spells and really kicking items, like Daedric Curiass and Graves that both have a constant 50pts Feather enchantment. So the greaves are like 4 lbs when you wear them, and the Curass is cut in half.
Well I wandered up to the guy on guard outside of the mine and he just attacked me. I was and am still a member of the Guild of Theives. I am also a member of the Guild of Fighters - is this why he attacked me as killing them is a quest for the fighters guild (but how did he know I was after him).

I've also joined nearly all of the Guilds. Will this be a problem? I've seemed to have got stuck on the next Fighters Guild quest as they want me to get a code book from someone in the Guild of Theives and he won't give it up. Something about deciding where my loyalties lie (with me of course).
Old December 11, 2002, 05:39   #460
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 00:11
there is a way around that I heard. It would involve spoilers. Some FAQ's/walkthroughs spell it out.
Old December 11, 2002, 20:32   #461
Tuberski

Quote:

I wasn't expelled from the Theives guild or Telvanni. The Telvanni house rules say this sort of behavior is acceptable.

I was Archmagister of the Telvanni and I never got those Daedric Greaves or Curiass, what gives?

ACK!
Old December 11, 2002, 22:19   #462
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:11
If I remember correctly that comes from a quest given to you by Therana (the one ruling Tel Branora) when you reach a certain level.
Old December 11, 2002, 22:24   #463
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Drew Dude
I've seemed to have got stuck on the next Fighters Guild quest as they want me to get a code book from someone in the Guild of Theives and he won't give it up. Something about deciding where my loyalties lie (with me of course).
If you've already joined the Thieves guild then you can't get the book except by theft or killing the holder.
If you haven't then you can convince Sottilde (?) to part with it with a reaction of 80 or more
Old December 11, 2002, 23:40   #464
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

I wasn't expelled from the Theives guild or Telvanni. The Telvanni house rules say this sort of behavior is acceptable.

I was Archmagister of the Telvanni and I never got those Daedric Greaves or Curiass, what gives?

ACK!
I have read posts that state otherwise. But ho well.

The Daedric greaves and curiass are given to you by the esscentric wizard, Therana. You must steal Auriel's Bow from an Ordinator (it's ON him)! Trust me, YOU WILL have a hard time with this one. Even with a 100 sneak, and the amulet of shadows, and being butt naked save for the moon and star ring, odds are you WILL get cought.

Like most factions, once you are the archmagister, you can not ask for duties in House Telvanni.

The greaves are worth it IMHO, you will find no better pair. The Curiass however, is not, since Dragonbone Curiass is has more protection.

Here is somthing that ticked me off. Like Fyr, I wanted to use my stronghold to study somthing, and I thought bringing in Cattle from a nearby vampire stronghold would be great. Well, after 30 bottles of Exlusive restore Magika potions (Atronach sign), I managed to get one of the cattle into my stronghold dungeon (the red-head Nord ). Well, a game week later, after finishing some Main quests, I came back to upload my goodies. I went down to check up and no nord.

Needless to say I'm royaly p!ssed off.
Old December 11, 2002, 23:44   #465
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ravagon

If you've already joined the Thieves guild then you can't get the book except by theft or killing the holder.
If you haven't then you can convince Sottilde (?) to part with it with a reaction of 80 or more
Even though I'm a mage, I joined the theives guild then fighters guild. I'll get back to them later. The reason I do this is not so I can't join the thieves guild after taking the book... but because I don't have it in me to kill Ms. Fire-Eyes. Let's just say my little Altmer has a crush.
Old December 13, 2002, 20:23   #466
Tuberski

Quote:

Even though I'm a mage, I joined the theives guild then fighters guild. I'll get back to them later. The reason I do this is not so I can't join the thieves guild after taking the book... but because I don't have it in me to kill Ms. Fire-Eyes. Let's just say my little Altmer has a crush.
I just picked her pocket, once I got my security skill up to about 80.

ACK!
Old December 13, 2002, 21:20   #467
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:11
So did I

SG[1]
Old December 14, 2002, 00:00   #468
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

I just picked her pocket, once I got my security skill up to about 80.

ACK!

Yeah, but that would be cheating.

Besides, how are going to deal with the Argonian in the Rat In The Pot in Ald'Ruhn?

We all know that the Fighter's Guild is just a front for the Commona Tong, and once the Thieves guild gets rid of the Commona Tong influence on the Fighter's Guild, then we won't have to keep picking on that poor Breton woman in the cat house in Suran.
Old December 16, 2002, 21:17   #469
Tuberski

Quote:

Yeah, but that would be cheating.

Besides, how are going to deal with the Argonian in the Rat In The Pot in Ald'Ruhn?

We all know that the Fighter's Guild is just a front for the Commona Tong, and once the Thieves guild gets rid of the Commona Tong influence on the Fighter's Guild, then we won't have to keep picking on that poor Breton woman in the cat house in Suran.
But then there would be no reason to go to the cathouse!!!!!!!

ACK!
Old December 16, 2002, 23:05   #470
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

But then there would be no reason to go to the cathouse!!!!!!!

ACK!

Since when wasn't there a reason not to?

Too bad you can't really get a job there.

Well anyway, I'm already finished with both the fighters and thieves guilds. So that leaves me to join the temple and the morag tong, after that I have a few side-quests I need to finish, not to mention the ones in Mournhold. All of my skills are at 100, all my attributes are at 100 (except luck, which I managed to get to 51). My health is in the 500s, and since I'm an Atlmer that was born under the sign of the atronach, and wearing the necromancer' amulet, my magicka is in the 500s as well. Completed the two main quests... well there is one thing I can do... find that damn mudcrab.

I feel like that Orc called Umbra... is there is no one left to challenge me?!

EDIT: Taking the advice of one of my quotes in my sig, I could try to make real skooma.
Old December 17, 2002, 00:00   #471
Tuberski

Did you get the propylon indexes? I just finished with a new character.

ACK!
Old December 17, 2002, 14:59   #472
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Did you get the propylon indexes? I just finished with a new character.

ACK!

Yeah, but I don't use them, those chambers are a real FPS killer.

I could try stacking spoons. That sounds like fun.
Old December 26, 2002, 22:41   #473
Tuberski

I'm bumping this for Kc7mxo in the MOO3 forum, he just got Morrowind for Christmas.

Another convert soon I hope.

EDIT: The Link for Volume one of this thread:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=52989

ACK!
Old December 26, 2002, 22:54   #474
Thrawn05
King

I should do the same for Tribunal....

Also, Kc7mxo try my Mingapulco mod for the PC Morrowind.

EDIT: TRIBUNAL THREAD
Old December 26, 2002, 22:56   #475
Tuberski

Quote:
I should do the same for Tribunal....

Also, Kc7mxo try my Mingapulco mod for the PC Morrowind.
I'm to the point in the game where I'm going to go after Ming!

I'll let you know how it goes.

ACK!
Old December 26, 2002, 23:00   #476
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

I'm to the point in the game where I'm going to go after Ming!

I'll let you know how it goes.

ACK!

ohh, you are going to have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. Let's just say if you thought becoming the Knight of the Imperial Dragon with all Imperial Templor armor and Duke's Guard Cuirass and a Imperial Broadsword and Tower Shield is fun with 100 difficulty... what until Ming slaps you around with -100 diffoculty.
Old December 26, 2002, 23:18   #477
Tuberski

Quote:

ohh, you are going to have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. Let's just say if you thought becoming the Knight of the Imperial Dragon with all Imperial Templor armor and Duke's Guard Cuirass and a Imperial Broadsword and Tower Shield is fun with 100 difficulty... what until Ming slaps you around with -100 diffoculty.
I haven't actually done any Legion or Temple quests, ever.

With my new guy I will, but the old one is going to be brought out of retirement for Mingapulco..

ACK!
Old December 27, 2002, 10:33   #478
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

I haven't actually done any Legion or Temple quests, ever.

With my new guy I will, but the old one is going to be brought out of retirement for Mingapulco..

ACK!
Well, think of the time when Venom slapped you around in the Arena during the Main Quest.
Old December 27, 2002, 13:21   #479
Kc7mxo
King

Quote:
Mingapulco
Mingawhaty?

Morrowind been kinda fun so far, but I'm currently rather annoyed. I caught some disease from a rat up north in the nordic isles, and I can't find any healers or temples. So I just started wandering south looking for someone to heal me.

When I crossed the sea to reach the mainland i noticed sea shells, and they have pearls in them. So I spent a half an hour diving for $100 pearls. Now I just need to find a town with a healer.
Old December 27, 2002, 14:36   #480
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kc7mxo

Mingawhaty?

Morrowind been kinda fun so far, but I'm currently rather annoyed. I caught some disease from a rat up north in the nordic isles, and I can't find any healers or temples. So I just started wandering south looking for someone to heal me.

When I crossed the sea to reach the mainland i noticed sea shells, and they have pearls in them. So I spent a half an hour diving for $100 pearls. Now I just need to find a town with a healer.
You are in the Sheogorath region, named after the Mad Daedric god Sheogorath.

Sheogorath, Molag Mar, the Ashlands and Red Mountain have lots of creatures that are diseased or blighted.

There are no healers in the town of Dagon Fel, which is on the eastern side of Sheogorath, but there are in the towns of Gnisis and Maar Gan, the two nearst towns on the mainland.

Next time you go up there, buy some cure common disese and cure blight potions or scrolls. Or find someone who can sell you the spell. Those pearls should be used for that.

If you have a desiese, you can fast travel by boat from Dagon Fel to Khuul, and from Khuul take the Silt Strider to Gnisis. Enter the temple in the center of the town and find a healer, he will tell you what is wrong with you and you can buy a potion to cure it. You can goto either a Tribunal Shrine or Imperial Cult Alter to cure yourself, but it's a hit and miss somtimes, at least for me.

Blight is another story, no one will want to talk to you except for healers.

On a side note, here in apolyton Ming sends people he bans to Mingapulco, and I made a plug in for Morrowind called Mingapulco. If you have the XBOX version, then you are at a lost, since you can't add plugins.

I want to also point out that if you are in this for instant gradification, don't bother, if you charge through the main quest without reading any books you are going to having questions hanging in your head. Picking up a book and reading it is not stealing. Goto a book store and read, just remember just to click on the close button on the book to put it back, else you want to run from the guards, and always read books that are given to you.

Here are the most basic books you should read:

A Short History of Morrowind
Aedra and Daedra
Ancestors and the Dunmer
Brief History of the Empire v 1-4
On Morrowind
On Oblivion
The Annotated Anuad
The Anticipations
The Book of Daedra
The Book of Dawn and Dusk
The War of the First Council

Here are other books that should be read:

Arcana Restored
Arkay the Enemy
Legions of the Dead
Lives of the Saints
Mysterious Akavir
Nerevar Moon-and-Star
Progress of Truth
Provinces of Tamriel
Spirit of Nirn, God of Mortals
The Dragon Break Re-Examined
The Eastern Provinces...
The House of Troubles
The Lunar Lorkhan
The Monomyth
The Waters of Oblivion
The Wild Elves
Where Were You ... Dragon Broke

If you REALLY want to be a geek, read the 36 Lessons fo Vivec.

Now don't get scared, about 90% of these books are only about 2-4 pages in length and most are easy to diget.

Have fun outlander!