Old December 27, 2002, 14:46   #481
Tuberski

Local Time: 02:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn05

Well, think of the time when Venom slapped you around in the Arena during the Main Quest.
It was a VERY fun time in Mingapulco!!!!!!!

MtG was a wimp though.

Ming was tough, so was DanQ.

The Jinkswords didn't seem to work on me very well, BUT I might have 100% resistance to paralysis.

And Having EVC, YYYH, Wiglaf and others in prison was genius.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old December 27, 2002, 20:32   #482
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski

It was a VERY fun time in Mingapulco!!!!!!!

MtG was a wimp though.

Ming was tough, so was DanQ.

The Jinkswords didn't seem to work on me very well, BUT I might have 100% resistance to paralysis.

And Having EVC, YYYH, Wiglaf and others in prison was genius.

ACK!
Why thank you, and I hope you Ming's Rod of banning was a nifty weapon.

EDIT: (damn enter key)

I did notice the jinkswords didn't work well myself, but then I found out that their shortblade skill is very low. But then, Firaxis never did anything right.

I wanted to add dialoge to the spammers, but the dialoge stuff just never worked for me, even with direct help from other people who know how it works.

Originaly, I was going to have you goto Seyda Neen and ask about "Thrawn05", they would tell you about some crazy Nord that thinks he's the Nerevarine down south and I'd be telling you how evil Mingapulco is and all, but it just never worked. So I just slaped a note against the wall in Balmora and worked from there.

Also, did you notice the pile of money on Markos' desk.
Old December 27, 2002, 20:35   #483
Tuberski

Quote:

Why thank you, and I hope you Ming's Rod of banning was a nifty weapon.
Not when he hit me with it I didn't!!!!

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old December 27, 2002, 20:39   #484
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

Not when he hit me with it I didn't!!!!

ACK!
I had to cheat to playtest it. I never bothered to try to really play it. I was by his rod once and I died and I just said f*** it and I cheated.

But yes, that rod is accurate as I consulted some of the visiters from Mignapulco. They claim that his rod hurts like hell.
Old December 27, 2002, 20:51   #485
Tuberski

One other thing I just remembered!

The book "ABC's for barbarians" in Markos' house, VERY funny!

ACK!
Old December 27, 2002, 22:50   #486
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 03:11
Oh that evil Markos .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old December 27, 2002, 23:17   #487
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
One other thing I just remembered!

The book "ABC's for barbarians" in Markos' house, VERY funny!

ACK!
I was thinking of placing a copy of "The Lusty Argonian Maid", but I thought that was taking it a little too far.

Yes Imran... he is evil.
Old December 27, 2002, 23:21   #488
Thrawn05
King

Oh, and as a little treat when you defeat Ming, use his banning rod on those in the jail.

There is no other greater feeling then banning a Wood Elf named Coracle.
Old December 27, 2002, 23:35   #489
Tuberski

Quote:
Oh, and as a little treat when you defeat Ming, use his banning rod on those in the jail.

There is no other greater feeling then banning a Wood Elf named Coracle.
Damn, wish I had thought of that!

ACK!
Old December 28, 2002, 03:24   #490
Kc7mxo
King

Quote:
You are in the Sheogorath region, named after the Mad Daedric god Sheogorath.

Sheogorath, Molag Mar, the Ashlands and Red Mountain have lots of creatures that are diseased or blighted.

There are no healers in the town of Dagon Fel, which is on the eastern side of Sheogorath, but there are in the towns of Gnisis and Maar Gan, the two nearst towns on the mainland.

Next time you go up there, buy some cure common disese and cure blight potions or scrolls. Or find someone who can sell you the spell. Those pearls should be used for that.

If you have a desiese, you can fast travel by boat from Dagon Fel to Khuul, and from Khuul take the Silt Strider to Gnisis. Enter the temple in the center of the town and find a healer, he will tell you what is wrong with you and you can buy a potion to cure it. You can goto either a Tribunal Shrine or Imperial Cult Alter to cure yourself, but it's a hit and miss somtimes, at least for me.

Blight is another story, no one will want to talk to you except for healers.

On a side note, here in apolyton Ming sends people he bans to Mingapulco, and I made a plug in for Morrowind called Mingapulco. If you have the XBOX version, then you are at a lost, since you can't add plugins.

I want to also point out that if you are in this for instant gradification, don't bother, if you charge through the main quest without reading any books you are going to having questions hanging in your head. Picking up a book and reading it is not stealing. Goto a book store and read, just remember just to click on the close button on the book to put it back, else you want to run from the guards, and always read books that are given to you.

Here are the most basic books you should read:
Well, I ended up in Tel Vos, and eventually found the healer there. Had a bit of trouble, it seems there's only one door into Tel Vos, and there was some wierd walking rat dude up stairs who my weapons cannot hurt. I dodged by him and made my way through the place. There was some dwarven objects in the musem. Do I get to meet any dwarves? When I first got the game I thought I might get to play as them, since it had elves and men, but no luck.

When I found the healer I made sure to buy several cure disease potions.

Anyway, after that I took a boat ride to Sadrith Mora, and then got the mages guild to send me back to balmora. And I've started doing quests again. I've got around 4k, all steal armor, and a slightly magically sword. As well as a fighter ring for doing the Haunting quest in Sadrith Mora.

My character is a level 5 Knight, and I'm currently doing the fighters guild and Blades quests. Any advice as to places I should visit?

I've been scanning books, but I was rather irriatied with the game while I was diseased and wasn't in the mood to read.

And this Mingapulco sounds rather neat. I'll have to go look for it.
Old December 28, 2002, 23:22   #491
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kc7mxo

Well, I ended up in Tel Vos, and eventually found the healer there. Had a bit of trouble, it seems there's only one door into Tel Vos, and there was some wierd walking rat dude up stairs who my weapons cannot hurt. I dodged by him and made my way through the place. There was some dwarven objects in the musem. Do I get to meet any dwarves? When I first got the game I thought I might get to play as them, since it had elves and men, but no luck.
That rat dude is a scamp, Silver, Dwemer, Ebony and Daedric weapons are the only kinds of weapons that can hurt undead creatures and daedric servents. There is only one dwemer left, but all the rest are destroyed. The Dwemer, or dwarfs are not like the Tokin dwarfs of TLOTR. They are only called dwarves by the Imperials because of the long dead Giants that called the Dwemer, Dwarves. Believe it or not, but no one really knows what happened to them. It's all opinion really.

Also as a side note, Tel Vos is under the control of House Telvanni, and the wizards of House Telvanni don't like stairs, and you will need either a levitation potion or scroll or a spell to be able to cast to get to the higher towers.

Quote:
When I found the healer I made sure to buy several cure disease potions.
Good move.

Quote:
Anyway, after that I took a boat ride to Sadrith Mora, and then got the mages guild to send me back to balmora. And I've started doing quests again. I've got around 4k, all steal armor, and a slightly magically sword. As well as a fighter ring for doing the Haunting quest in Sadrith Mora.

My character is a level 5 Knight, and I'm currently doing the fighters guild and Blades quests. Any advice as to places I should visit?

I've been scanning books, but I was rather irriatied with the game while I was diseased and wasn't in the mood to read.

And this Mingapulco sounds rather neat. I'll have to go look for it.
Well, first off, if you are running the PC version,
download the patch if you havn't already, or if you are in europe, download the european patch.

Second, the Blades is part of the Main Quest, so be carefull with it. I suggest you get your feat wet with some more fighters guild missions. I might also suggest joining up with the Imperial Legion in Gnisis (take a silt strider from either Seyda Neen or Ald-Ruhn to get their if you don't want to go on foot). You'll get free weapons and armor as you advance, and since you are a Knight, I'm sure Heavy Armor is ok. Just make sure that, until you are the head of the Legions, you MUST wear the armor you are given when talking to a fellow member of the Legion, as you will in the Main Quest from time to time.

Also, you might want to consider joining a Great House, there are three Great Houses in the province of Vvardenfell (which is where the game is), House Hlaalu, House Redoran, and House Telvanni. (as a side note, the other two houses are Dres and Indoril, but they hate all outlanders, which you can tell from the remarks the Ordinators make in Vivec). Since you are a Knight, you have two options, one is House Redoran, which is warrior oriented, the other is Telvanni, which is magicaly drivin. Just remember that once you join a house, you CAN'T switch to another house, even if you are expelled. So make sure you pick the right one.

And as always, I'm here if you have questions about the lore and history of Morrowind.
Old December 29, 2002, 01:46   #492
Kc7mxo
King

Quote:
That rat dude is a scamp, Silver, Dwemer, Ebony and Daedric weapons are the only kinds of weapons that can hurt undead creatures and daedric servents. There is only one dwemer left, but all the rest are destroyed. The Dwemer, or dwarfs are not like the Tokin dwarfs of TLOTR. They are only called dwarves by the Imperials because of the long dead Giants that called the Dwemer, Dwarves. Believe it or not, but no one really knows what happened to them. It's all opinion really.
Silver. . .I see. I wondered why the silver weapon wasn't any better than my steel sword. I bought some magic swords recently, and was hoping to use them on those things next time I see them. Guess i'll just go look for a silver sword.

Anbd so the dwarves weren't dwarves. . . thats very odd. oh well.

Quote:
Well, first off, if you are running the PC version,
download the patch if you havn't already, or if you are in europe, download the european patch.

Second, the Blades is part of the Main Quest, so be carefull with it. I suggest you get your feat wet with some more fighters guild missions. I might also suggest joining up with the Imperial Legion in Gnisis (take a silt strider from either Seyda Neen or Ald-Ruhn to get their if you don't want to go on foot). You'll get free weapons and armor as you advance, and since you are a Knight, I'm sure Heavy Armor is ok. Just make sure that, until you are the head of the Legions, you MUST wear the armor you are given when talking to a fellow member of the Legion, as you will in the Main Quest from time to time.
Yep got the patch, i didnt join the legion because I was part of the fighters guild, I didn't think I'd be able to do both. I'll go back and give it another shot. I'm still on the second quest for the blades, but I think 4 or 5 into the fighters guild. I spent my first few levels just wandering around. Still looking for more stuff to do. :-)
Old December 29, 2002, 15:10   #493
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Yeah, that damned Legion armor. I have no idea what the Hell I did with it.

Oh well, I'm Level 13 right now, and I'm in Sheogorath around Dagon Fel. I'm trying to build up some leveling before I go for Ghostgate and begin the final part of the game. What level do you think is best for tackling that Thrawn?

Oh, I have Ebony Mail, Greaves, Boots, Pauldrons. I have two Gauntlets that have over 200 armor. One which has a constant effect of +20 strength and the other +20 agility (with Wrathguard in my inventory) and a Daedric Dai-Katana (2 handed) with some fire damage I put on it.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old December 29, 2002, 16:22   #494
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Yeah, that damned Legion armor. I have no idea what the Hell I did with it.

Oh well, I'm Level 13 right now, and I'm in Sheogorath around Dagon Fel. I'm trying to build up some leveling before I go for Ghostgate and begin the final part of the game. What level do you think is best for tackling that Thrawn?

Oh, I have Ebony Mail, Greaves, Boots, Pauldrons. I have two Gauntlets that have over 200 armor. One which has a constant effect of +20 strength and the other +20 agility (with Wrathguard in my inventory) and a Daedric Dai-Katana (2 handed) with some fire damage I put on it.
Well, level 13 is a little low, considering that I highly recommend you kill all the Ash Vampire to get some really needed items when going after Dagoth Ur. One was in Kogoruhn, the other is in a cave between Gnisis and Bal Isra and the rest are in most of the Dwemer buildings within Ghostfence.

I suggest level 20, and make sure you are good in Blunt, Short Blade, and heavy armor skill so you yeild the tools properly. You are going to have to give up the Fist of Randagulf Rt Gauntlet, since you need wrathguard to yeld the tools. But don't worry, Sunder forts strength by 20 as well.

Just make sure when you do trek into Red Mountain, carry lots of Exclusive Restore Health and Magikca potions, and carry some Intervention scrolls with you even if you know the spells.

Other then that, have fun.
Old December 29, 2002, 16:34   #495
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

Silver. . .I see. I wondered why the silver weapon wasn't any better than my steel sword. I bought some magic swords recently, and was hoping to use them on those things next time I see them. Guess i'll just go look for a silver sword.

Anbd so the dwarves weren't dwarves. . . thats very odd. oh well.
Well, any weapon with a destrutive enchantment will do, but some undead and deadric servents are immune to one kind of element or another or a combination of them. Best to at least get silver, or trek into a Dwemer ruin and pick some weapons up from there. One weapon I highly recommend is the Dwemer Jinksword from Wayne in the Balmora Fighters Guild building.

Quote:
Yep got the patch, i didnt join the legion because I was part of the fighters guild, I didn't think I'd be able to do both. I'll go back and give it another shot. I'm still on the second quest for the blades, but I think 4 or 5 into the fighters guild. I spent my first few levels just wandering around. Still looking for more stuff to do. :-)
You can join any of the following groups

Fighers Guild
Mage Guild
Theives Guild
Morag Tong
Imperial Legion
Imperial Cult
Tribunal Temple
either Houses Hlaalu, Redoran or Telvanni
Ashlanders and Blades are part of the main quest, so you don't have a choice.

Like the great houses, you can join one of three vampire groups, but I never tried being a vampire so I can't help you there. Perhaps Loin knows.

Also, you may notice the number of times the game is crashing, the more you progess the more and more it happens. Here is a little trick I learned to help lessen the number of times this happens.

1: Open up the file Morrowind.ini in the MW installed patch (by default this is C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind).

2: In noteback, Save As the file in another directory, as a backup.

3: Find these lines and change the values to these below:

Max FPS=85
Interior Cell Buffer=0
Exterior Cell Buffer=0

4: Save the file.

You may want to do the follow as well:

Show FPS=1
Screen Shot Enable=1

The first will show a number in the lower right. This number is your FPS. It's usefull. The second allows you take screenshots by pressing your PrintScreen button on your keyboard.

And remeber, the QuickSave is your friend. Every now and then, save the game with the menu.
Old December 30, 2002, 14:32   #496
deamon451
Settler

Local Time: 07:11
Quote:

Or, you just could use the editor and drop one close by. Mind you that takes all the fun out of the game.
Old December 30, 2002, 17:49   #497
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by deamon451

Or, you just could use the editor and drop one close by. Mind you that takes all the fun out of the game.
Or do what I did, skip silver all together and grab a Dwemer weapon.

The editor is an evil tool created by Bethesda so that WE can fix THIER bugs.
Old December 30, 2002, 18:51   #498
Tuberski

Quote:

Or do what I did, skip silver all together and grab a Dwemer weapon.

The editor is an evil tool created by Bethesda so that WE can fix THIER bugs.
Especially, that Dwemer Jinksword in Balmora, if you have a good short blade skill it's VERY useful.

ACK!
Old December 30, 2002, 18:53   #499
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Eh... I prefer Daedric weaponry myself .
Old December 30, 2002, 20:45   #500
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Eh... I prefer Daedric weaponry myself .
Unless you use the editor, you aren't going to get that at first level.

The Jinksword you can.

The demon tanto in Rak'virr(?)'s shop next to the mage's guild is useful too.

ACK!
Old December 30, 2002, 22:25   #501
Thrawn05
King

Oh hell, just go get the Umbra sword and be done with it!

There's a nifty Daedric Dagger that casts soul trap on strike. VERY useful when trapping Golden Saint souls since they have a nasty habit of dispelling sould trap spells you cast on them.

Also, Imran, when you make your trek into Red Mountain, stop by the tower of dusk in Ghostgate and talk to an old Imperial Legionary there. Then when you are done with Dagoth Ur, goto the Imperial Cult chapel in Ebonheart and talk to the Oracle there and she will tell you who this old legionary guy is. I thought it was nifty side plot.
Old December 30, 2002, 22:31   #502
Tuberski

Quote:
Oh hell, just go get the Umbra sword and be done with it!

There's a nifty Daedric Dagger that casts soul trap on strike. VERY useful when trapping Golden Saint souls since they have a nasty habit of dispelling sould trap spells you cast on them.

Also, Imran, when you make your trek into Red Mountain, stop by the tower of dusk in Ghostgate and talk to an old Imperial Legionary there. Then when you are done with Dagoth Ur, goto the Imperial Cult chapel in Ebonheart and talk to the Oracle there and she will tell you who this old legionary guy is. I thought it was nifty side plot.

I didn't think to go to Ebonheart, I may have to do that.

That is also 500 posts in our second Morrowind thread.

Ready for a third?

ACK!