Old September 4, 2002, 15:10   #121
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 01:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
you can go up

and also there is a door that goes to the commision

go there

Jon miller
Old September 4, 2002, 15:48   #122
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 03:11
There's also a Garrison entrance in the fort, right by the catwalk that brings you into the castle. It's marked Garrison Entrance, rather than Tower Entrance like the rest of the fort doors. (When you're exiting the castle to the fort, keep walking straight down the catwalk. The door directly in front of you ought to be the Garrison entrance.)
Old September 5, 2002, 21:59   #123
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I saw an ad for a Morrowind expansion that takes place in Mournhold. It's supposed to be out in November or December, but haven't seen any word on it on the official site.
Old September 5, 2002, 22:21   #124
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

that would be cool

I was doing a lot every day for a while, now I have slowed back down again (The quests are harder or I have already done the easy ones or soemthing)

Jon Miller
Old September 5, 2002, 22:55   #125
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Do some of the Main Quest, that's what I did when I seemed to be bogging down in faction quests. (Besides, you get some fantastic items along the way in the Main Quest.)
Old September 5, 2002, 23:10   #126
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I am currently looking for the staff of shaming

but there is such a large area to look in

and I will need to do the main quest soon, I am on level 8 in the Cult and it says I need speechcraft 80 to advance and I just have 70

also the other areas are starting to require more and more to move up (and I only ave a few things that are really high)

I have been loking for the Mong Tong to join them, but cannot find them in Vivec

and does Cassius C (The Hlalu Nobleman) give anyone else the creeps? I am not sure if I should support him or not (he wants me to, and I already stripped for him)

Jon Miller
Old September 5, 2002, 23:26   #127
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Cassius has the hots for anything warm blooded. Not to worry, he's a good guy. Just a creepy one.
Old September 5, 2002, 23:27   #128
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The staff is just to the West of Mount Kand's shrine entrance, near the top of the hill. Use the Detect Enchantment ring that they gave you, it'll highlight any enchanted items on the map (including the staff).
Old September 5, 2002, 23:29   #129
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

hmm, I already wandered about that area (after my ring had ran out of juice), but I will wander arround there again

oh, and this creeper (near Mt Kand) was trying to attack me and I couldn't get him to buy anything from me, what is wrong with this?

Jon Miller
Old September 5, 2002, 23:31   #130
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The creeper near Mt. Kand? There's only one Creeper, and he's the guy in Caldera. Those guys are usually called "scamps," and they're usually hostile. (I found another one who'll give you free booze, but the rest are KOS.)
Old September 6, 2002, 02:19   #131
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:11
An aside for a moment - What do people think of the expansion ad?
I presume at least some have seen it by now.

For those who haven't
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	mwx_add.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	23695  
Old September 6, 2002, 04:55   #132
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:11
Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
Do some of the Main Quest, that's what I did when I seemed to be bogging down in faction quests. (Besides, you get some fantastic items along the way in the Main Quest.)
Just to clarify - by the Main Quest do you mean Blades Quests or have I missed something HUGE???

SG[1]
Old September 6, 2002, 07:25   #133
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

yes

Jon Miller
Old September 6, 2002, 08:55   #134
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Thank you Jon, but the response "Yes" to a A or B? question is somewhat non-responsive...

SG[1]
Old September 6, 2002, 11:00   #135
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Yes is the response to question A. The Blades quest is the Main quest. And unless you've killed somebody that you probably should not have (like Caius Cossades), then no, you haven't missed anything huge.
Old September 6, 2002, 17:58   #136
Tuberski

Local Time: 02:11
The expansion ad looks awesome!!!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old September 7, 2002, 00:51   #137
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

Is there anything I should worry about with joinging the Mong Tong?

It sounds like they don't want me working for any other group.

Jon Miller
Old September 7, 2002, 14:17   #138
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The Morag Tong doesn't mind if you join other factions (especially Redoran, who they're friendly with), but they do get upset if they find that you've already killed somebody that they've presented you a Writ for. (This is not the case for your Special Duties, but this is the case for Writs--your Morag Tong faction rating goes down slightly if it turns out that you've already killed the target for a Writ when you're presented with the Writ. For this reason you should do most of your Morag Tong Writ quests first before doing other faction's quests, but this isn't a requirement--the Morag Tong won't suddenly hate you for prematurely executing somebody, you'll still get credit and payment for the execution, and there are only one or two executions that overlap with executions that you need to perform for other factions.)
Old September 7, 2002, 18:34   #139
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Starting to motor along now, Redoran and the Legion are starting to promote me nicely!

Anyone know where I can buy a levitate spell, for the purposes of enchanting? Also, summon Golden Saint would be useful, if somewhat tricky to cast, I suspect.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old September 7, 2002, 19:23   #140
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Summon Golden Saint costs something like 150 spell points to cast (so don't bother looking for its spell unless you've got enough magicka, just stick to scrolls otherwise), and even with a skill level of 100 in Conjuration and 100 intelligence you've still only got a 98% chance of casting the spell correctly. Odds are that by the time you're able to cast it you'll have come across somebody selling one. (I think that I bought mine in Sadrith Mora, but I don't remember for certain).

I don't remember where I bought my Levitate spell, but odds are that somebody in Sadrith Mora or in Vivec (check the Telvanni Canton and High Fane as well as the Mage's Guild) has got a copy.
Old September 7, 2002, 23:14   #141
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:11
Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
Summon Golden Saint costs something like 150 spell points to cast (so don't bother looking for its spell unless you've got enough magicka, just stick to scrolls otherwise), and even with a skill level of 100 in Conjuration and 100 intelligence you've still only got a 98% chance of casting the spell correctly.
165 Magicka IIRC. Only if you cast it as purchased though.
I bought mine and reduced the duration, via my friendly neighbourhood spellmaker, to 40s instead of a minute.
Made it much much more paletable and reduced the cast cost accordingly.
40s is enough time to take out a Golden Saint, if you're ready for it.
Old September 8, 2002, 00:13   #142
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I wish that they'd kept the magic system from Daggerfall, where your spells could become more powerful as you increase in level and/or where your spells become cheaper to cast as you increase in level. It was extremely annoying to buy a Charm Person spell from somebody, only to find that even with an Illusion skill of 100 I still only had a 60% chance of casting the spell.
Old September 8, 2002, 15:08   #143
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I tried stealing from her several times (the girl with the code book), I don't think she has it anymroe...

Jon Miller
Old September 8, 2002, 19:21   #144
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Kill her to make sure, and then reload from before you kill her. A lot of times when you try to steal from somebody (and your steal skill sucks ass), then not all of their items will be available for you to steal.
Old September 8, 2002, 21:49   #145
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

my stealth is ~50 (decent for it not being a major or a minor skill (and starting at 5)) and I have a ring that gives me 80% Chameleion

BTW

does anyone know how to put on constant enchantments on your things

I want to make something that constantly add huge bonuses to me and also to make armor which automatically gives me fire/shock/frost resistance without me casting anything

Jon Miller
Old September 8, 2002, 21:50   #146
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

BTW, stealing from people is hard (I steal all the time, even right in front of people, but I have only stole from a person like twice), so I will try it

Jon Miller
Old September 8, 2002, 21:52   #147
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

BTW, how does everyone keep what quests they need to do straight

I have print outs but I still forget

(also, I have looked all over Balroma for the guy you are suppose to kill for the assasin in the Mong Tong (but it is not a normal assasination), where is he (only tell me if it is not something which I am suppose to figure out on my own), I have looked in all the inns and bars and in his house)

Jon Miller
Old September 8, 2002, 22:07   #148
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
does anyone know how to put on constant enchantments on your things
You need the soul of an Ascended Sleeper or Golden Saint. Then once you've got the soul, enchant the item as you normally would--except that you'll now have the "constant effect" option available rather than just "cast when used" or "cast when strikes."

Quote:
I want to make something that constantly add huge bonuses to me and also to make armor which automatically gives me fire/shock/frost resistance without me casting anything
There are limits to how heavily you can enchant an item. Things like shields, helms, and cuirasses can have some pretty powerful enchantments put on them, but things like greaves or pauldrons aren't worth enchanting unless you've got cash and souls to burn. The best items are artifacts that you find in the game. F'rinstance, I've got a piece of armor that has Constant Effect Fire Resistance of 100%, which is far more powerful than I'd be able to create on my own.
Old September 8, 2002, 22:12   #149
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
BTW, how does everyone keep what quests they need to do straight
I don't let them pile on top of each other. I try to never have more than three quests active at once. I don't print out my journal, but I do keep a slip of paper by my computer listing the relevant page numbers for the quests that I'm currently working on.

Quote:
(also, I have looked all over Balroma for the guy you are suppose to kill for the assasin in the Mong Tong (but it is not a normal assasination), where is he (only tell me if it is not something which I am suppose to figure out on my own), I have looked in all the inns and bars and in his house)
Are you talking about Carecalmo? He's in a daedric shrine on an island west of the city, not in the city.
Old September 8, 2002, 22:23   #150
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

no, the guy I am talking about has a house just south below the Blade Boss

also, where do you find grand soul gems? I have some winged twilights I want to put in them

Jon Miller