Old September 9, 2002, 23:34   #181
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 03:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I found a nice set of ebony armor that I liberated from one of the Great House's treasuries, so for the early part of the game (before I was able to upgrade to Daedric armor or better) the bulk of my net worth was in stolen goods. It gave me a good incentive not to get caught.
Old September 9, 2002, 23:57   #182
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 01:11
wow, I am sure that is better than Adamant

my armor rating is 73 (with a much weaker helmet and sheild)

what was yours at the time?

Jon Miller
Old September 10, 2002, 00:14   #183
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I can't remember, but I'd be surprised if Adamant were better than Ebony. Good heavy armor is always better than good medium armor, and Ebony's the second-best heavy armor you can get (not counting unique armor pieces made of Dragonbone or whatever). I'm pretty sure that it was over a hundred, though.
Old September 10, 2002, 00:20   #184
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

cool

adamant is new, they added it in the most recent plugin

it is the best medioum armor now, I think

Jon Miller
Old September 10, 2002, 00:24   #185
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Adamantium was in Daggerfall and Arena, it was the third best armor in Daggerfall (behind Ebony and Daedric) and second best in Arena (behind Ebony, there was no Daedric armor in Arena).

I'm glad they've finally let you enchant non-plate armor, it was always annoying in Arena to be stuck with crappy-ass leather or chain armor with no hope of ever enchanting it to something decent. (This was still the case in Daggerfall, but it wasn't as much of a problem since it was possible for mages to wear plate armor in Daggerfall, unlike in Arena.)
Old September 10, 2002, 00:30   #186
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

yah, it is less than ebony, and glass (glass is 50, ebony is 60, adamantium is 40)

Jon Miller
Old September 10, 2002, 05:27   #187
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 07:11
Quote:
There's a Legion quest getting me down a bit. It's a Buckmoth Quest (the Ald'Ruhn fort), the one where I have to find evidence in that potter's house that he's smuggling Dwemer artifacts. Trouble is, I've gone over the place checking every pot, chest and crate and his desk, and all I can find is redware and peach glass. Since Imsin won't take no for an answer, I assume he's hiding it somewhere exceptionally cunning. Where?
Sorry to keep asking, but it's really bugging me. Where's he stashing the stuff?
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old September 10, 2002, 08:59   #188
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Jon - just a point to clarify for you. If you steal something, even if no-one spots you, the guards can identify it when they catch you for some other reason.

I've lost track of what I have and haven't stolen, so if I see myself about to get captured for a crime, I will drop everything on the ground, except the bare minimum of what I need - such as a lockpick, say. Needless to say, it takes some time - so I prefer to be a good boy. I've only actually had to do it twice. Once in Gnaar Mok because a cursory search failed to turn up the high-elf with the chapel bowl (I later found him, but ah well), and his shack was locked; the other time while rescuing Mehra Milo. I didn't kill any ordinators, and actually I didn't commit a crime in attacking them with a Jinksword (since they attacked me first) - but they did see me steal her cell key. So I had a small bounty when I reached Ebonheart by Divine Intervention.

Interestingly, if you manage to talk to a guard before they catch you automatically (in this case, I talked to an imperial legion soldier who didn't seem intent of arresting me), you get a discount of what appears to be 10% for turning yourself in.
Old September 10, 2002, 09:32   #189
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chowlett
Sorry to keep asking, but it's really bugging me. Where's he stashing the stuff?
Sorry, I haven't done any Legion quests. I hate their armor.
Old September 10, 2002, 18:35   #190
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Nm, I found it. He was hiding a Dwemer Tube in full view on a table full of pots. Undertsandably, it was a little hard to spot.. Anyway, I've now got a whole lot of stuff to head north for, and by the time I head back round again, I expect the shrine will be finished (he's already had 13 days, and asked for a couple of weeks), and I should have Azura's star. I love it when a plan comes together

Last edited by Chowlett; September 10, 2002 at 18:42.
Old September 10, 2002, 19:15   #191
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Something that I learned the hard way with the shrine is that it won't be completed if you camp in view of it, waiting for it to be finished. I camped for about a month and a half in full view of the rock, and it never turned into a shrine. I camped in town for a day, came back to the rock, and voila, it was a shrine. So I reloaded to the spot where I'd saved before camping, quested for about two weeks, and voila, the rock was a shrine.
Old September 10, 2002, 19:29   #192
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

No worries there. I've got so much to do down the East coast after heading north that, unless I find something sufficiently heavy and valuable to recall to creeper, I won't see the bitter coast for a good few weeks. And that' somewhat unlikely, since a couple of raid on Daedric Shrines provided a few Dremora Lords' weapons, and since I use neither Axe nor want to take on another longsword with the shrine under imminent completion, I sold them to Creeper. For about 50000 each.
Old September 11, 2002, 14:36   #193
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Yay! I went and killed the Daedra for Azura's quest, and the last one's a Golden Saint - so I trapped her and took her weaponry, recalled back to Caldera and sold it to creeper, then being in need of potions guilded back to balmora. While there I created my first exciting item - a ring of Constant Levitation, 8 points! I'm not entirely sure it was the best ring quality (120 enchantment points - let me know if you can get more as I have a save from before the enchanting). It only cost 83k gold as well...

I think the shrine might be finished now as well, I went over there the other day and he said "not now, soon" and I must've had 3 or 4 days since then.

Levelling now is going to become very tricky, incidentally. I've got long-blade which, naturally, was my fastest advancing skill, up to 100. Looks like serious magic training now. At least block and armour will still increase from combat.
Old September 11, 2002, 15:09   #194
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Hmmm, did you guys hear about the expansion pack yet?

I haven't been able to play much will law school and being near the girlfriend and all .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old September 11, 2002, 15:46   #195
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 00:11
I'm wondering if there will be any extra goodies for the X-Box. It's capable, and there are hooks left in the game.
Old September 11, 2002, 16:02   #196
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
While there I created my first exciting item - a ring of Constant Levitation, 8 points! I'm not entirely sure it was the best ring quality (120 enchantment points - let me know if you can get more as I have a save from before the enchanting). It only cost 83k gold as well...
I'm pretty sure that 120 is the max enchantment points on a ring, since my own ring of Constant Levitation was 8 pts. It might be 240 enchantment points, though. If the ring was Exquisite, then it'll have the maximum enchantment points. If it was Expensive, then you can do one better.
Old September 11, 2002, 18:35   #197
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

I think it was exquisite. That's the one that looks mildly understated, yes? Just a thin band, side on - same as Sheogorath's Signet Ring.
Old September 11, 2002, 18:48   #198
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

there is expensive

than extravagant

than exquisite

Jon Miller
Old September 11, 2002, 19:01   #199
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I got up to 100 longsword a while ago (I am level 22)

I currently still level fine sice what I mostly use is athletics, acrobatics, longsword, and speechcraft (with some use of spear, medium armor, heavy armor, blocking, merchantilism, and armorer)

Jon Miller
Old September 11, 2002, 19:12   #200
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
I think it was exquisite. That's the one that looks mildly understated, yes? Just a thin band, side on - same as Sheogorath's Signet Ring.
Yup, that's an exquisite one.
Old September 11, 2002, 19:24   #201
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Excellent. Now time to head back to the Shrine, see if it's done. Then to find me a Wizard's Staff (I figured I was going up there anyway, so I declined to buy one).

Incidentally, I've forgotten who my source of Standard Restore Magika Potions is. I definitely had one, but I can't work out who it was anymore. Anyone think of one? I've tried all the west coast mage guilds, and most of the alchemists as far as I can tell.
Old September 11, 2002, 20:01   #202
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Hmm, I dunno. I mostly bought Exclusive Restore Magicka (since my max magicka was at 350), and IIRC I bought them from the Mage's Guild at Wolverine Hall. I can't remember for sure, though, since I've mostly been drinking the home-brewed variety of late.
Old September 11, 2002, 21:36   #203
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:11
Quote:
While there I created my first exciting item - a ring of Constant Levitation, 8 points! I'm not entirely sure it was the best ring quality (120 enchantment points - let me know if you can get more as I have a save from before the enchanting). It only cost 83k gold as well...
I remember my first time creating a constant-effect enchantment too. It also cost a pretty packet.
I guess I just had too many probs in combat coz mine was a restore health/restore magicka item - enabled my character to stand toe to toe with a dremora and slug it out. I was soo proud.
Old September 11, 2002, 23:39   #204
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

BTW

loinburger, it does not matter wether you go through the door or the roof

Jon Miller
Old September 12, 2002, 02:47   #205
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Still love this game. Made an all magic character; been having lots of fun with THAT.

Put it at +50% difficulty too.. a bit hard at first for my low HP Sorcerer.
Old September 12, 2002, 08:57   #206
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ravagon

I remember my first time creating a constant-effect enchantment too. It also cost a pretty packet.
I guess I just had too many probs in combat coz mine was a restore health/restore magicka item - enabled my character to stand toe to toe with a dremora and slug it out. I was soo proud.
Now THAT is a genius idea. I just have to find someone selling restore Magika. I wouldn't even need constant effect, either.

There's a whole bunch of stuff I'm going to shove on rings if I ever get round to it. It doesn't all need to be Constant, either. But some Absorb Magika would be quite cool, and I do possess an Absorb spell (which I only have a 40% chance of casting). However, my favourite combination at the moment is Cauis' Ring and Shirt, and an Amulet of Shadows (or actually, I think I have an invis now). 80% chameleon, and a 20pt bonus to Sneak and Luck. Basically, I can sneak whenever I like!
Old September 12, 2002, 21:41   #207
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:11
Quote:

Now THAT is a genius idea. I just have to find someone selling restore Magika. I wouldn't even need constant effect, either.
There isn't actually a restore magicka spell in the game proper. This one came from a plugin that created a spell called "fools recharge" IIRC.
It cost 20 to cast and restored 19 so was useless as the spell itself, but just fine for enchanting (as was intended).
Old September 13, 2002, 02:53   #208
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

I have heard tell of a constant effect restore Health Cloak available from an island/shipwreck? to the south of Seyda Neen -- not tried to get it (yet) so can't be certain...

SG[1]
Old September 13, 2002, 08:55   #209
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Goldbrand....
Old September 13, 2002, 13:23   #210
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

You found the quest worth your time, eh?