Old August 30, 2002, 19:55   #1
brianshapiro
Warlord

Local Time: 23:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
an interesting multiplayer option would be...
for internet games, to have the ability to substitute players ; so someone can start a game accessible through the internet but beginning with every other player controlled by the computer ; then at any time someone can join and take over for the computer for a civ, or and then leave and return control to the computer. these type of games would be linked to a webpage and be public.

-rian
Old August 31, 2002, 06:59   #2
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 09:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
They had this in ctp games, but I never finished a game, since nobody wants to join, when it's in the middle of the game, so I always ended up playing only against computers...one person joins, 10 sec later he gets out of the game...

But on the other hand...if the people who starts playing the game, leaves the game, then there's only computer players anyway...

Would be nicer to be able to "auto-rate" people. If someone leaves the game, before it ends, the other players can choose to rate him as a "game-leaver" (In a box that pop-up, when such happens)...When starting a new game, you can see what the other people has been rated as (To see if that person leaves many games...like, lets say...10 min in game...)
Old August 31, 2002, 16:25   #3
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 00:12
Hmm, all of these extras would be nice but I just want them to concentraite on making a stable and usable MP.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old August 31, 2002, 16:41   #4
neonext
Warlord

Local Time: 23:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
i'm interested in these ideas because i'm coming across the same decisions in my multiplayer alt-civ game. what i have decided so far is a method similar to what is mentioned here, where players can take over control of ai players and the ai regains control when they leave. i'm planning on having a setting at game setup where you designate the latest age that human players can join.

one problem i can think of now though is that a human player can come in, play and exit and rejoin as a different civ to find out what they have or to screw up their empire, and then rejoin as their old civ. i don't think it's possible right now to 'lock' them or bind them to a certain civ if they leave...
Old September 1, 2002, 14:40   #5
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

it would be nice

walking in a game after a couple turns , ...

, or switch between civs with a couple people , sort of an improved hotseat , ...

have a nice day
Old September 1, 2002, 16:38   #6
Switch
Prince

Local Time: 02:12
This seems like a great idea. However, for it to work faily, the AI would have to loose all of its cheats, like cheaper trade of cheaper trading. How would you like it if you're playing a civ from the beginning, working up your infrastructure with the normal production and such, and then someone joins in and takes over a civ that up till then had been experiencing improved procution and the like.

But then, with the helpers taken away from the AI, it would no longer be able to use cheats to make up for its inferior ability versus a human player, and so would suffer, giving the joining players a crappy infrastructure to buil upon,

All in all, I don't think it could work well. Good idea, but with the current state of the game unusable.
Old September 1, 2002, 16:52   #7
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SwitchMoO
This seems like a great idea. However, for it to work faily, the AI would have to loose all of its cheats, like cheaper trade of cheaper trading. How would you like it if you're playing a civ from the beginning, working up your infrastructure with the normal production and such, and then someone joins in and takes over a civ that up till then had been experiencing improved procution and the like.

But then, with the helpers taken away from the AI, it would no longer be able to use cheats to make up for its inferior ability versus a human player, and so would suffer, giving the joining players a crappy infrastructure to buil upon,

All in all, I don't think it could work well. Good idea, but with the current state of the game unusable.
hi ,

, this seems not to be hard to overcome , ....

just let them (AI) place more emphasis on certain buildings , .....

the idea seems great , and who knows with Soren , ....

have a nice day