Old September 4, 2002, 04:10   #31
Shadow
Warlord

Local Time: 17:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Good to hear Loc, cheers!

I'm going absolutely NUTS over this... I'm so excited about it it's embarrasing...

LOL
Now the fat lady's singin'...
Old September 4, 2002, 10:21   #32
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 00:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Guys, like I already said in the beginning of this thread, it's probably a problem on my side: ....
Yeah, I saw that. And once I ran the mod on a brand new game and saw it ran perfectly, I was certain. The good news is, it gave me a few hours to play around with it and familiarize myself a small bit before the actual tournament started. Quite a mod. It's going to make for a difficult game I can tell already.
Old September 4, 2002, 20:24   #33
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:22
Okay, I uploaded a new savegame, please download the game again and see if it works now.

BTW, please make sure you actually re-download the savegame and not accidentally reuse the version in your browser-cash; unless you have a really fast connection, it should take at least several seconds to download the file (check the file date if needed: it should have been created on the 5th).
Old September 4, 2002, 21:04   #34
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

yeah... it a little late but i got that prob 2

anyway... i'll d/l it again
Old September 4, 2002, 21:32   #35
Dread_Doomfist
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:22
hmm..seems the new savegame works fine..no more probs with the science..but other probs..;-)

think..i need a reinstall of the game...the game crashed after saying "can't find *blabla*.tga"...have to much copying files from one folder to another and so...

ok..it's enough time to kick the highscore...
Old September 4, 2002, 21:54   #36
Shadow
Warlord

I got mine to work no probs.

This time I'm going to go for a science victory. Not sure if I'll get there in time though, due to the slowed down nature of Cradle. We'll see...

How does everyone else intend on playing? Or what victory type are you going for rather?

Cheers, Shadow
Old September 4, 2002, 23:15   #37
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

tight
cant play untill tomorrow...
Old September 5, 2002, 10:30   #38
mnbryan37
Warlord

Local Time: 01:22
Downloaded and played the newly installed game about 80 turns with no problems. I will be going for a conquest victory.

I'm very impressed with the game so far. Are the diplomatic features modified at all?
Old September 5, 2002, 11:12   #39
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

I loaded the game, and played a few turns to make sure it was okay. It's working fine.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow
How does everyone else intend on playing? Or what victory type are you going for rather?

Being new to this mod, especially with the revamped tech tree, its tough for me to figure out this early what the best strategy is. But I will probably go with my favored Diplomatic Victory strategy of establishing quick peace with the friendly nations and going to war with those who are not, until they accept an alliance or are destroyed. But based upon a "test" game I played for a few hours last night, the AI seems to have an aggressive military and expansion policy, so this will be a tough haul.

I'm very impressed with this mod. Too early to tell, but could be my favorite so far.
Old September 5, 2002, 12:51   #40
Dread_Doomfist
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by TheArsenal
...the AI seems to have an aggressive military and expansion policy, so this will be a tough haul.
yeah...very aggressive...so less goodies in the ruins..mostly barbarians.....hard to play...in 4000 BC..the cyprus stands in front of my main-town with a 8-stack army...
Old September 5, 2002, 16:00   #41
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Just a clarification on my posting above. When I say I played a "test game" I mean different game with different settings to familiarize myself with the mod. Once I start a tournament game, I don't believe in "replaying" turns and such.
Old September 5, 2002, 18:28   #42
Shadow
Warlord

This is the best game ever!!!

I'm seriously about to get my butt kicked though... these guys just don't want to talk.

I'm spreading my cities out quite widely to they can grow to HUGE sizes. Few problems with the method so far, but I'm slowly getting there.

Science Victory here I come!!!
Old September 5, 2002, 23:56   #43
Shadow
Warlord

Don't get the AI mad... or you cop this...

The AI is getting harsh on me now, picking of cities at will, roaming 12 stacks all over the place! There's really not much I can do about it. I can't stand up to them militarily (yet), and diplomacy is become increasingly useless...

All in all... GREAT GAME!
Just hope I survive...

Last edited by Shadow; September 7, 2002 at 00:56.
Old September 6, 2002, 00:02   #44
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

That doesnt look too good Maybe you shouldnt have took those slaves.
Old September 6, 2002, 07:21   #45
Dread_Doomfist
Chieftain

yeah...have 9 citys...and fight for my life against the persians in the east and the etruscer in the west...looks not so good..but now i have hoplites for a better town-defense and archer....knock back many of the intruders mostly 8-9-stack-armys...and i'm allied with the greeks...

anyone able to build more then 2 wonders between 7000 BC and 1350 BC....??
Old September 6, 2002, 10:25   #46
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Good to se you guys are having fun
Old September 6, 2002, 15:56   #47
mnbryan37
Warlord

How did you get an Alliance with the Greeks. I had a Peace treaty with them for awhile, but they broke it with an attack on one of my 4 measly cities. I haven't lost any cities yet, but I sure can't expand. I use up my troops defending them, as fast as I can produce.

Bill
Old September 6, 2002, 18:11   #48
Dread_Doomfist
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by mnbryan37
How did you get an Alliance with the Greeks. I had a Peace treaty with them for awhile, but they broke it with an attack on one of my 4 measly cities. I haven't lost any cities yet, but I sure can't expand. I use up my troops defending them, as fast as I can produce.

Bill
let me say...actually i'm not longer allied with anyone in the game...

i was allied with the greeks in the first 4 or 5 thousend years.....have found a slaver from the greeks....and ask the greeks for leave my territory.....then i make a peace treaty and after a while a alliance...that helps me a little bit...ask the greeks for advances..and they give me 7 or 9 advances for free...don't remember....later they broke the alliance..and captured 5 of my 9 cities...i strikes back...and actually i have 6 of my 9 cities...but i can't fight against 4 massively stronger nations...the greeks, the persians..the celt and the etrucia.....they have man-at arms, machinegunner, artillery and better...and me? only composite archer, horseman, and hypa...argl..don't know the name yet...these units looks like the phalanx..thats my strongest units..
very hard game...can build one more wonder.....but i don't know, how long i live if i see the actuall situation...

good luck for all of us ;-)

DD
Old September 7, 2002, 01:01   #49
Shadow
Warlord

Damn... looks like a few of us might not survive.
I take it we still submit games where we got hammered out of existence...?

I'm up to about 1200BC, and have 14 odd cities. Each time they take one I build another somewhere else. It's great that it's so late in the game and I'm still exploring my continent and finding heaps of places to start new cities!

Good luck all!

Oh... and is everyone aware of the 6 building types that don't build when you're playing with the cradle mod??? They'll be in the list and get built, but won't turn up in the city inventory, as they've been displaced with new buildings in some of the coding. I can't recall which ones they are though. Just making sure everyone is aware of this.

And one last thing, I have a peace treaty with one of the Civs, but when I check the diplomacy manager the word 'Bloodbath' appears at the top of the screen with a few other of the details.
What does this mean and why is it there???

Last edited by Shadow; September 7, 2002 at 02:39.
Old September 7, 2002, 06:59   #50
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:

And one last thing, I have a peace treaty with one of the Civs, but when I check the diplomacy manager the word 'Bloodbath' appears at the top of the screen with a few other of the details.
When you conquer a city you get 3 options to either, Extend Emipre(take over the city), Enslave(puts citizens as slaves in current cities) and Bloodbath(kills all citizens). Bloodbath lowers regard massively, seems like it takes forever for the AI to get over it for diplomacy.

In my game its around 1200BC and I just lost Rome to the Greeks (Those Legions are SO bloody hard.) And i can see 2 more 12 stacks coming. I think i pushed them over the top with my slavers Still got 11 cities left anyhow
Old September 7, 2002, 07:49   #51
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
That sounds to me like a string problem. I would try to reloadslic.

-Martin
Old September 8, 2002, 04:23   #52
Shadow
Warlord

Hey Martin.
I got the same thing without Cradle in the last tournament, so I dunno. And ALL the civs were like that.
I'll try your advice.
Cheers.
Old September 8, 2002, 09:53   #53
mnbryan37
Warlord

I was not aware of the non-buildable building types. Anyone have a list of which they are?

I'm at around 2500 BC and have edged up to 7 cities, but two of them are not well protected, but are somewhat hidden from the AI's, so could lose them at any time.

I have a Peace treaty with the Persions, but haven't been able to upgrade to an alliance yet.

This is a great Mod. I never would have tried it otherwise. Now I can't wait to start an easier game and learn more than just survival, then work back up to this level.

Bill
Old September 8, 2002, 12:44   #54
Dread_Doomfist
Chieftain

...singing.."i will survive"...lol

restart the game..with more cities..and a closer distance between the cities..early it seems to work better...captured 4 etrucia cities...but all destroyed except one of the...a good outpost...its now 850 BC..and lost no city..ok..only one..but captured back in the same turn...the AI is sooooooooo quick in research advances...can't be so quick..it's impossible..the AI break all treatys..

no question it is a very good mod...but not ever really fair..any bugs...the AI can capture with his troops a town..and in the same round, he go with the same troops outside of the town...or capture with artillery in directly fight a town...and then bombard with the same ari my troops outside of the town..

it seems the AI attack you only if you have a military strength over a point...but i can't verifiy this...

before i restart ...i make a suicidal attack...take all my troops out of my towns...and attacks many cities..capture any of them..the AI captured only one or two of my cities without any defense...

DD

by the way sorry for the bad english ;-)
Old September 8, 2002, 15:51   #55
Locutus
Deity

Quote:
I was not aware of the non-buildable building types. Anyone have a list of which they are?
Ignore that remark, that problem was fixed a long time ago already...

Good to hear you people are enjoying the mod
Old September 8, 2002, 21:42   #56
Shadow
Warlord

I wasn't aware it was fixed.
Apologies for any confusion.
Old September 9, 2002, 09:43   #57
mnbryan37
Warlord

Good to hear that. There was a similier problem with a Wonder in the original CTP2. When you complete the Internet wonder it states you will get a computer center in each city, but it doesn't show up and you still have to build them. Was this bug ever fixed?
Old September 9, 2002, 11:46   #58
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Good to hear that. There was a similier problem with a Wonder in the original CTP2. When you complete the Internet wonder it states you will get a computer center in each city, but it doesn't show up and you still have to build them. Was this bug ever fixed?
Actual the wonder gives you the effect, but the building was still buildable, even if it wouldn't give you an additional effect. Don't know if the bug was fixed I build all buildings anyway, but it is possible to remove the building from the build queue.

-Martin
Old September 9, 2002, 14:46   #59
Locutus
Deity

I fixed it for the MedMod, I don't know if other mods copied it.
Old September 9, 2002, 18:28   #60
ETB
Warlord

Local Time: 02:22
Quote:
Originally posted by ETB
I just downloaded the Cradle Mod from the CtP2 file directory – all 12.8MB of it
Ooops. That wasn't all of it! Today I noticed the link for the "second file" in the Mods directory. I downloaded all 1.38MB of that file, unzipped it, it replaced some cradle files, and ModSwapper reports that I can play Cradle 1.32. Friends, Romans, countrymen - I am ready to go!