Old September 7, 2002, 20:10   #61
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Okay, I proffer myself forth for the position of Minister of Economy. It is decidedly background post compared to some of the others, which is better for me. And it's a good place for me to start in the government, with lesser responsibilites. Which will allow me to devote full attention to the responsibilities that I DO have... okay, good deal.
Old September 7, 2002, 20:13   #62
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I'm honestly not sure; I inherited the job of keeping this up to date from UnOrthO because he had to go -- that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing .

If someone neutral needs to do the campeign threads, then I will do it upon request of either of the canidates. I think in past elections it was done by whichever canidate got around to doing it... I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter all that much.

If no one knows, then I'll happily take on the responsibility of upping my post cou... I mean, starting the campeign threads . I think that if a canidate just started one, however, like Duddha did, then I think that'd be fine as well. In the long term, I think it'd be best if a Neutral person did it; just seems like the best way to go. Having said that, I do have destinct memories of last term where canidates did it, so who knows. To summerize, if anyone wants me to start one, then post and I will. If anyone who's running wants to start one themselves, then just go ahead and do it. And if anyone knows right vs wrong on this issue, please let me know .

-- adaMada
Old September 7, 2002, 20:22   #63
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:31
Usually one of the candidats post the election thread, however this is usually done after the nominations are done...... No big deal as long as the person who starts it is willing to keep track often and update the top post with who is running for the position.

The first post is only who is running for what position.

Then the second post is usually by the thread creator (as he knows about the thread) stating "why to vote for me...".

There have been times when there have been more that one campaign thread (I did this once, and I know others have also). Oops. no big deal. just link the two together in their first posts. usually one or the other dies off and all new posts go to one thread.

As a curtisy, I would advise anybody who starts such a thread to pm everybody else who is running and let them know about the thread. Also, if you didn't create the thread yet are running, I advise you to click on "receive updates to this thread" button on the top, so as to make it easier for you to know when people have questions. Good luck.

Godking

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 7, 2002, 20:36   #64
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Ok. GK answered it .

If anyone wants me to create one (no clue why), then post and I'll do it. If anyone does create one, please either post or PM if I haven't gotten it in the first post after a few minutes.

Top post has been updated with Reddawg's running and Thud's request. Reddawg, good luck! I think you'd make a great Economic minister. Of course, Shiber could run too, and then we could have a real election , but I won't coerce him into doing something I'm not willing to do myself, lol.

-- adaMada
Old September 7, 2002, 20:53   #65
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:31
lol
Will vs Jonny for IE
I've seen that before
Old September 7, 2002, 20:59   #66
adaMada
King

Yea, I know what you mean, lol.

Science campeign thread added.

-- adaMada
Old September 7, 2002, 21:27   #67
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

MWIA or Unortho must post the election poll.

Anyone can post the campaign thread.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 7, 2002, 23:48   #68
adaMada
King

I've just been talking to Apoc.

We've decided that, although he won't have time for extra VP duties, I'll take on one or two of them, specifically the Directory.

This is ideal for me, as I enjoy organizational work but wouldn't like playing the turns so much, and good for him as it gets the directory out of his way, but he still takes on the base role of VP.

I may also continue on in the Foreign Ministry, depending on my decisions over the next few weeks and Togas or the new Foreign Minister.

Either way, this is just a general notice. I'll probably talk to UnOrthO about it when he gets back, and finalize anything that needs it later.

-- adaMada

Edit: Almost forgot to thank GodKing, who made the suggestion that lead to this happening... None of this would have happened without him.

Edit^2: Wow. Forgot something obvious . This whole post is based on the premise that Apocolypse becomes VP, does not have time for the Directory, and that there are no serious objections.

Last edited by adaMada; September 8, 2002 at 01:32.
Old September 8, 2002, 08:16   #69
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:31
ada, you would be GREAT at maintaining the directory. Feel free to cut-paste what I already have, or create a new design.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 8, 2002, 11:00   #70
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:31
First to be President in all 3 games, eh? Don't give me ideas here........

And to Reddawg and all others - I was nothing in this game before President. Just 1st Citizen of our great nation, nothing more. I couldn't even make most turnchats. It can be done, I'm not exceptional in any way, and it seems things have turned out OK. Run for anything at all - you can get in with no previous Civ3 DemoGame positions if you enjoy it, post diligently, and make an effort to get on with everyone and listen to all.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 8, 2002, 11:03   #71
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
First to be President in all 3 games, eh? Don't give me ideas here........

And to Reddawg and all others - I was nothing in this game before President. Just 1st Citizen of our great nation, nothing more. I couldn't even make most turnchats. It can be done, I'm not exceptional in any way, and it seems things have turned out OK. Run for anything at all - you can get in with no previous Civ3 DemoGame positions if you enjoy it, post diligently, and make an effort to get on with everyone and listen to all.
...and make vauge, uncommitting, 'presidental' statements only.

Cheers to Reddawg and everyone else running for their first position -- so far, I've seen a lot of good canidates, and I think we're lucky to have who we do.

-- adaMada
Old September 8, 2002, 11:08   #72
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

What the heck, I'd like to run for Minister of Imperial Expansion. Of all the positions I think that's the one I'd enjoy the most.

(Nothing against Jonny or Will 5001, I think they'd both do fine jobs.)
Old September 8, 2002, 11:11   #73
adaMada
King

Ok Ghengis, putting you on the list now.

Wow, we're going to have a few fun elections .

-- adaMada
Old September 8, 2002, 11:18   #74
jdd2007
NationStates
King

yes we will

havent jon and wil run against each other like TWICE? that looks like it will be a very close race, now that GF is running.
Old September 8, 2002, 11:20   #75
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
yes we will

havent jon and wil run against each other like TWICE? that looks like it will be a very close race, now that GF is running.
Exactly now its not the same election anymore. They can both beat me and still feel good about themselves.
Old September 9, 2002, 11:37   #76
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

So, when are the elections?
Old September 9, 2002, 12:06   #77
Watergate
Settler

Civ3-Democrazy Game
Dear Gamers,

maybe this is not the right place for a post like mine, but i just spent a couple of days and a nice bunch of hours reading about the great role-play you're doing and I suddenly feel the urge to give you a little feedback from OUTSIDE.

I don't know if you had this in mind, but it IS definetly great entertainment you're performing not only from a players but from a READERS point of view.
You may be gaming, but you're also storytelling. And I like it.

And what a great story it is. It's partly newspapers and partly Pentagon Papers. It is politics and poetry, history and hysteria, psychology and psychedelia. It is the small stories that make the great one that is more than the sum of its parts.

Of course it is a romance too. I always fall in love with Joan of Arc and it's not the same to see her on the negotiation screen or Chancellor Bismarck. One thing is a man to man fight another to beat a woman. (In my own games I always try to please beautiful Joan with diamonds and luxuries until my empire is on the edge of ruin.)

The game considered a mere game is already big - considered as a story it becomes boundless.

Thank you

Best Regards

Watergate
Old September 9, 2002, 12:32   #78
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:31
The dream of all writers to have talented readers ... becomes reality ! We are fortunate to have one !

Thanks.
Old September 10, 2002, 20:12   #79
adaMada
King

Added Prez and VP campeign threads.

If anyone else is planning on running, now might be a good time .

-- adaMada
Old September 10, 2002, 22:21   #80
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

adaMada, I'll go ahead and add the IE campaign thread, ok?

And in case anyone cares, this is actually my 5th time running for IE minister. I have been winner once in the four previous times.
Old September 10, 2002, 22:25   #81
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
adaMada, I'll go ahead and add the IE campaign thread, ok?

And in case anyone cares, this is actually my 5th time running for IE minister. I have been winner once in the four previous times.
'k. I'll add it once it's up.

Fifth time running for IE minister?

I thought this is only the fourth term, lol?

Must have been a mid-term election...

Well, you're very devoted to the position, anyway . (You'll hate me when I propose that we destroy it as part of the constitutional convention, but that's another thread...)

-- adaMada
Old September 10, 2002, 22:40   #82
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
'k. I'll add it once it's up.

Fifth time running for IE minister?

I thought this is only the fourth term, lol?

Must have been a mid-term election...

Well, you're very devoted to the position, anyway . (You'll hate me when I propose that we destroy it as part of the constitutional convention, but that's another thread...)

-- adaMada
The thread's up now.

Yea, there was a mid-term election in the 1st term, when Timelime stepped down to become Vice-Pres. That was the time I won.

I'm not really unhappy that the office might get disbanded. A new government position might appear that interests me as well. (perhaps governor?)
Old September 10, 2002, 23:30   #83
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny

The thread's up now.

Yea, there was a mid-term election in the 1st term, when Timelime stepped down to become Vice-Pres. That was the time I won.

I'm not really unhappy that the office might get disbanded. A new government position might appear that interests me as well. (perhaps governor?)
Yea, got the thread as soon as I saw it go up .

As for the office, I don't want to go too off topic (UnOrthO's gonna kill me when he sees how I've totally off-topicized his thread ) and I'd love to discuss anyone's thoughts via PM or a seperate thread, but to quickly answer what you said... I think the IE minister is running out of jobs to do, and I think the job could be reassigned to the Minister of the Economy or to the City Planner. When we can't muster up enough canidates to have 'real' elections for half the positions (and I know we could always use more Deputies), we really don't need to have a full minister for choosing city spots, though right now it's coming in useful because of Uber Island (in other words, our current IE ministers are doing a necessary job, but I don't think it'll be needed after another term or two).

-- adaMada
Old September 11, 2002, 03:11   #84
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Running for IE
I'm putting my hat into the ring for the Office of Imperial Expansion.
Old September 11, 2002, 06:44   #85
adaMada
King

Wow. A four person election, lol. Very cool .

Putting your name in now...

-- adaMada
Old September 11, 2002, 09:43   #86
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:

-- adaMada
Where do you propose its powers go, I agree it doesn't do much but what else is there? Perhaps combining PW and IE? Would the current ministers of the positions run against the ministers they were merging with so the people could decide who they prefer?
Old September 11, 2002, 15:12   #87
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Where do you propose its powers go, I agree it doesn't do much but what else is there? Perhaps combining PW and IE? Would the current ministers of the positions run against the ministers they were merging with so the people could decide who they prefer?
Not sure about where the powers could go yet... maybe PW, maybe City Planner, maybe MoE. Again, we haven't really gotten any plans down yet, so this is just my opinion (I probably shouldn't have even brought it up). The switch would probably happen between elections, and if the current ministers want to run for the other position, then they'd be free to.

-- adaMada
Old September 11, 2002, 16:12   #88
Will 5001
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

I'd like to pull out of the election for Minister of Imperial Expansion, I think I don't have enough free time to do a good job, I'll still be around but won't post as much!
Old September 11, 2002, 16:32   #89
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:

Not sure about where the powers could go yet... maybe PW, maybe City Planner, maybe MoE. Again, we haven't really gotten any plans down yet, so this is just my opinion (I probably shouldn't have even brought it up). The switch would probably happen between elections, and if the current ministers want to run for the other position, then they'd be free to.

-- adaMada
What I'm getting at is the people elected those Ministers to do specific jobs (hopefully) believing that person was the best qualified to perform that job.

If you take a job and give it to another minister, the people should vote on who among the those ministers they feel is the best qualified to do the combined job or which set of talents is most needed or important to them. They may prefer the IE minister over the new one.

Otherwise, you risk defying the vote of the people and simply reorganizing how ever you see fit.

Personally. I think any drastic changes to elected positions shouldn't go into effect until the election immediately after the adoption to the new constitution.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 11, 2002 at 18:25.
Old September 11, 2002, 16:46   #90
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

*big snip*
Personally. I think any drastic changes to elected positions shouldn't go into effect until the election immediately after the adoption to the new constitution.
Sorry, that's what I meant in my other post in saying that the changes would be 'between' elections -- the position would be dissolved at the end of the term, before the new officers took over.

-- adaMada