Old September 7, 2002, 21:29   #1
Johnno
Settler

Local Time: 23:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
CIV3-World War 2 Scen
Please excuse me for what might be a silly question to many frequent users of this forum but could you please tell me if a scenario for ww2 has been done yet to play with Civ3. I just reinstalled Civ3 after having by PC down for a few months and haven't the faintest idea where to look for it. I know someone or a group of guys was making a mod or scenario for ww2; I'd sure like to try it. If someone could give me the link it would be greatly appreciated.

John
Old September 7, 2002, 21:36   #2
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 03:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
John, look in the Files forum. I don;t keep track of the scenarios, but the big news (hopefully) will be the WW2 scenario coming with PTW.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 7, 2002, 22:20   #3
Johnno
Settler

Thanks man, I looked at PTW expansion screenshots and haven't seen anything that refers to a ww2 scenario. I would assume it to be a good idea they put it out with ptw but haven't seen any news on it; do you know something I don't? Some of the forum threads I have seen in the past on the ww2 mod were pretty opinionated but I assume that had everything to do with facism not the ww2 scenario itself, thought maybe that might be why Infogames is chickening out of adding ww2 as a scenario.

John
Old September 7, 2002, 22:21   #4
Johnno
Settler

Nonetheless i'll check the files and see what's there, looked at first two pages already and never seen anything.

John
Old September 7, 2002, 23:10   #5
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
From the news I've seen, PTW will include a medieval Japan and a WW2 scenario... quality TBD.

I also meant that thre might be some existing WW2 scenarios in the Files forum, but I really don't know.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 8, 2002, 08:46   #6
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 02:38
Try this one: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=61100 it starts in 1930 but after playing 21 turns all hell broke loose - a 10 civ (out of 15) world war.
Old September 8, 2002, 12:19   #7
Andrew_Jay
Prince

Local Time: 04:08
I've been working on one which is a copy of the Second World War scenario from Civ2.
It's almost finished, but it's zipped up here

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=61073

because I can't work on it much more since I'm going to be away for the next few months. Anyone is welcome to download it and use Civ2 to finish it off. I think it'll be pretty good, there are 12 civs (Allies, Axis, France, Spain, Turkey, Russia, Ireland, Switzerland, Netherlands, Sweden, Yugoslavia and Persia).
Old September 8, 2002, 13:13   #8
HazieDaVampire
King

Local Time: 07:38
I'm current making a really large entire worldmap WW2 Scenario which will involve all of the civs. I'll try to release the map as a WW2 era map, since their won't be enough civs with normal civ3.
I also don't know how to make the civs do what i tell them when i tell them! Like declare war on sombody at the start!
Old September 8, 2002, 15:59   #9
Hagbart
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 08:38
That is not possible. You can do that in Civ2Gold Edition but not in Civ3.

The new iPod nano: nano
Old September 8, 2002, 17:11   #10
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
That is not possible. You can do that in Civ2Gold Edition but not in Civ3.
Unfortunately true. I was able to set the scenario up so that a world war was inevitable, but was unable to dictate which civs would start it or be involved. In the scenario the "axis" ended up being the Russians, Chinese and Germans - hey, at least it got one of them right!
Old September 8, 2002, 17:25   #11
Evil_Eric_4
Warlord

Miccofl--

What is this Un-Ace stuff--do I need some program to install this thing.Cant you just ZIP it?
I dled it but cant get it to install into my civ3 folder.
Oh well--It seems you did alot of work on it --it would be a shame if only a few people can enjoy it.
Old September 9, 2002, 08:46   #12
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Un-Ace - you need winace (or win comander) to decompress the file. It is available here: http://www.winace.com/cgi-bin/getfil...nace&width=628 (shareware) I have added it (the link) to the website and will update the original thread. It made the file 4.5 MB smaller than win-zip was able to.
Old September 9, 2002, 09:27   #13
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

To correct some misinterpretations, there will be a WWII and Medieval Japan unit sets, not scenarios.
Old September 9, 2002, 15:36   #14
Evil_Eric_4
Warlord

Thanks Miccofl--

I appreciate the quick response.
I look forward to enjoying your mod.
Old September 9, 2002, 18:25   #15
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

You're welcome
Old September 10, 2002, 11:41   #16
HazieDaVampire
King

I wish they'd send me them a few days before PTW hits the shelves, then i could send them my scenario with all the civs and units!

Still need help on which civ will be Canada, Norway will be Vikings. Who was it next to norway who stayed Nutral? (Steve tryed to jump over a fence to get there in 'The Great escape').

I Wish i could change some units names! i need this feature! So i can make a few units called 101st Airborne.

By the way, here are some strengths of the sides (allie and axis)

Allies Have cheaper, lighter tanks (Russia having the Cheapest, Britain the heavest allied tank)
Axis have Heavy more expensive tanks (Japan the cheapest, Germany the heavyest aswell as the Fast Panzer unit)

Allies Fighters:
British Spitfire will be best defensive fighter
British Avro Lancaster has best bomber range
American fighter will survive more in offensive missions ("If you see a fighter over normandy, it'll be one of ours")

Axis:
Germanys BF 109 will be best axis ground attack plane
Japans will have more Range with Fighters.

Future:
Since this is whole world map WW2 scenario, there is a chance that players will end up fighting with ICBMs and modern Armor so i will make a few UUs for the chance (i think it'll be a high chance) that players will make it to modern age stuff!).

Oh, and the Germans will be getting cruise missles slightly earlyer than all the others, cuz they did actualy start making them right at the end of the war.
Germany will get the Jet aircraft slightly earlyer then everybody, then Japan, then Britain, then America, Russia, and everybody else will have the default jet!
Old September 10, 2002, 11:41   #17
HazieDaVampire
King

I wish they'd send me them a few days before PTW hits the shelves, then i could send them my scenario with all the civs and units!

Still need help on which civ will be Canada, Norway will be Vikings. Who was it next to norway who stayed Nutral? (Steve tryed to jump over a fence to get there in 'The Great escape').

I Wish i could change some units names! i need this feature! So i can make a few units called 101st Airborne.

Allies Have cheaper, lighter tanks (Russia having the Cheapest, Britain the heavest allied tank)
Axis have Heavy more expensive tanks (Japan the cheapest, Germany the heavyest aswell as the Fast Panzer unit)

Allies Fighters:
American fighter will survive more in offensive missions ("If you see a fighter over normandy, it'll be one of ours")

Axis:

Future:
Since this is whole world map WW2 scenario, there is a chance that players will end up fighting with ICBMs and modern Armor so i will make a few UUs for the chance (i think it'll be a high chance) that players will make it to modern age stuff!).

Oh, and the Germans will be getting cruise missles slightly earlyer than all the others, cuz they did actualy start making them right at the end of the war.
Germany will get the Jet aircraft slightly earlyer then everybody, then Japan, then Britain, then America, Russia, and everybody else will have the default jet!
Old September 10, 2002, 11:42   #18
HazieDaVampire
King

bugger, it wouldn't load and i had to retry, sorry!
Old September 10, 2002, 12:32   #19
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
Don't worry, just have patience.

Quote:
You might just want to lump Canada into Britain... there are better countries to give a spot to. Sweden is the country adjacent to Norway, just to the east.

Quote:
You can change unit names in the editor. Just right click, go to properties, and under unit properties you should find an area to give a unit a custom name.

Quote:

Makes enough sense. Though the Allies had heavier tanks (Matilda II, KV2, etc.) near the beginning of the war, then they later got 'lighter' and cheaper (T34, T85, Sherman, Crusader, etc.).

Quote:
Japanese tanks pretty much sucked, so don't worry too much about them. The Germans had very fast, maneuverable tanks at the start of the war, then later on they had the heaver, better expensive tanks (Tiger, Panther, Tiger II).

Quote:
Allies Fighters:
Makes enough sense.

Quote:
Axis:
You should make the Me 109e better on offense, but not so good on defense (that's how the Battle of Britain was won, along with radar and a lot of luck). The German Ju-87B and D model Stuka fighters were really bad on defense, but could case some major damage to ground units.

Quote:
Future:
Just make sure things balance out, and the scenario plays well before adding such 'extra features'.

Quote:
You'll have to make them really expensive though.

Some good ideas.
Old September 10, 2002, 13:57   #20
HazieDaVampire
King

oh, a mistake, Russia WILL get the mig, and i will make a new Default jet aircraft for everybody else!

For all you really well skilled players, Greece, China, The Land of Oz, will have small militery forces (Just enough to take some of their main enemys attacks) that wouldn't be able to pull off an offensive unless your playing against some real rookies.