Old September 13, 2002, 05:50   #31
Demerzel
Warlord

Local Time: 07:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
implying that "cheating" at a game will lead you onto becoming a adulterer, thief, mass murderer or terrorist has got to be one of the most inane and comical arguments I've heard in a long time.

chill winston, it's just a game.
Old September 13, 2002, 07:12   #32
dojoboy
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 03:47
Re: Are you a cheat?
Quote:
Originally posted by The Puny Celt
If I have a town/city where all the population are happy (not just content, but happy, all of them) and it flips to a civ with less culture than mine...well I reload the turn, get all my troops out, sell all city improvements, then carry on.
I've never seen this happen. If it did, I'd probably declare war on that particular civ.

Never do I reload or spy after saving a game and then reload w/ the advantage. Its just how I like to play the game.
Old September 13, 2002, 07:50   #33
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 08:47
The game is meant to bring you enjoyement and tat is different for for every person. I have heavily modde my game and I will reload while experimenting and/on other occasions as I think it's neccesary if that makes me a "cheat" well so be it.

So long...
Old September 13, 2002, 09:26   #34
Knightblade pDM
Civilization III Multiplayer
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:47
If the person wants to cheat, let them do it in single player, but once we get MP, then it's something we should get in a tizzy about. As long as they do it against the AI, there's really no harm or foul. The AI needs an overhaul anyway. But cheating against another human is just wrong.

As for modding, the benefits of my own mod are Global. 30 turn Golden Age, unit stats raised, HP modded(2,4,6,8 respectively). So mine doesn't benefit any one player, it's global, so I don't consider it cheating.

If a person dishes out the $50 for the game, they should be able to do whatever they want to it