SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
SNESA2 Reborn: Ad Infinitum once more.
It feels good my freinds to be back.

The Year: 2127
Russia has been defeated by the NAF and Germany.
Germany and Italy Dominate Europe.
Mankind has reached for the stars, Thanks to a new HyperAcceleration Engine (Pluto in a Month), and the first Extraterrestrial human Nation has been formed from a rebellious American lunar colony.
Those United Lunar States have reached to a new Solar System and colonized Alpha Centauri.
Mars colonization has begun, only to find it already inhabited by martians, Who Unite behind Mi. S. America Remains a war zone, 10 years following the Incan defeat at Allied handsThe Race is on for Asteroid capturing The ULS moving quickly ahead. The rest is for you to write....

Rules
General NES Rules for Newbies
1. Everyone Picks a civ
2. They Write about what that Civ does in the NES
3. It is not based on a civ game
4. We must follow Civ3 rules for the Most part

SNES Rules (For This NES only)
1. 1 day = 1 year
2. Respect other Writers
3. A new Alien race can only be created by myself or a new Player and only after Most nations have been taken)

North American Federation:
Medium Army
Large Navy
Large Airforce
Medium Nukes
Huge Space Navy
Govt: Democracy
Ruler:
MPP's: Pact of Freedom (UK, GDFR, ULS)
War: none

Russian Union of Republics:
Medium Army
Medium Navy
Medium Airforce
Few Nukes
Small Space Navy
Govt: Republic (Communist Rebels in Nation)
Ruler: ?
MPP's: none

United Kingdom:
Small Army
Huge Navy
Medium Airforce
Few Nukes
Large Space Navy
Govt: Republic
Ruler:
MPP's: Pact of Freedom (NAF, GDFR, ULS)

Australia:
Medium Army
Large Navy
Medium Airforce
Few Nukes
Small Space Navy
Ruler:
MPP's: Austro-Italian Pact (Italy)

Germany:
Large Army
Small Navy
Medium Airforce
Medium Nukes
Medium Space Navy
Ruler: Jonny
MPP's: Freedom Pact (UK, NAF, ULS)

Italy:
Medium Army
Small Navy
Small Airforce
Few Nukes
Large Space Navy
Ruler: Giovanni Wine
MPP's: Austrio-Italian Pact (Australia)

African Confederation:
Medium Army
Small Navy
Small Airforce
No Nukes
Small Space Navy
MPP's: Star Reachers Pact (China, Japan, India)

Japan:
Small Army
Large Navy
Small Airforce
Few Nukes
Small Space Navy
MPP's: Star Reachers Pact (China, African Confederation, India)
War: Australia

China:
Medium Army
Small Navy
Small Airforce
Medium Nukes
Large Space Navy
MPP's: Star Reachers Pact (Japan, African Confederation, India)

India:
Medium Army
Small Navy
Small Airforce
Few Nukes
No Space Navy
MPP's: Star Reachers Pact (Japan, African Confederation, China)

Martians:
Medium Army
No Navy
Medium Airforce
No Nukes
Medium Space Navy
Govt: Monarchy
Ruler:
MPP's:

United Lunar States:
Medium Army
Small Navy
Medium Airforce
Few Nukes
Huge Space Navy
Ruler: SKILORD
MPP's: Freedom Pact (UK, NAF, GDFR)

New Persian Empire:
Large Army
Small Navy
Tiny Airforce
No Nukes
No Space Navy
Govt: Despotism
MPP's:

Last edited by SKILORD; September 12, 2002 at 13:32.
Old September 11, 2002, 16:16   #2
mmtt
Warlord

Local Time: 08:49
I read all 26 pages of Ad Infinitum 1. I really enjoyed it, thanks to all participants. But is there still the nuclear winter and starvation in this one? What happened to Swedish Io and rest of ex-Incan Empire(under IDF control?).
Though its my first NES, I hope I can join.
I don't mind which nation I should pick, maybe Russia or Germany? If I can't, I would take a Western Pacific power.

I sincerly hope thats this one will go as far as the first one did.

Last edited by mmtt; September 11, 2002 at 16:54.
Old September 11, 2002, 18:12   #3
SKILORD
King

This baby starts off where the last one ended. So yeah.
Old September 11, 2002, 21:23   #4
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Local Time: 16:49
never mind. i hit the reply button by accidnet

Last edited by unscratchedfoot; September 12, 2002 at 14:30.
Old September 11, 2002, 21:25   #5
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:49
Guess who I am (without peaking at the rest of the post or my "location")

Did you guess right?

The long civil war in Mars (see my last post in SNESA2 before going on vacation) has ended! For the first time in the planet's history, a truly democratic government is in power! The new Martian leader, FIrst Servant of Mars Jerin Mastoff, extends a hand of friendship towards Earth.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old September 11, 2002, 22:02   #6
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 02:49
I hereby reclaim the Presidency of the GDFR.

I'm gonna go refresh my memory of SNESA2, but I believe I was allied with the ULS.

IC: The GDFR welcomes the representative of the new Martian government to earth.
Old September 12, 2002, 05:28   #7
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Yahooo
we are back!
I of course reclaim the New Italian Empire throne

Anyway, I do recall that the New Italian Empire was trying to start a new alliance together with NAF, ULS, and GFDR and of course Australia.

----------------------------

Quote:
ROMAN NEWSPAPER

ITALY START ANOTHER GREAT COLONIZATION PROJECT
Italian colonist from Europe and Venus are heading toward the cold planets of Uranum and Neptun, both planets will be colonized in about 10 years.
Emperor Raffello announces that the main pourpouse for that is to grow some of the plants that was given us for our Scientific research from the ULS, cause those plants need a very cool climate, and would dey on earth, even with Nuclear Winter Earth is still too hot for the Centaurian plants.
About 25 milion people from Europe, alongside with other 15 milion from venus announced they wuold be more than happy to start a new life in those planets.
Italy cliams those two planets as Italian territories, and ask for any other nation to not attempt colonizations there.
In the meanwhile the deintoxicaficication of the Italian European lands using the Galilaianus Solution is proceeding at a very high speed, unfortunatly there is still not a solution to defeat the air pollution caused by Nuclear Winter.

---------------------------------------------

Italian Stats and Projects
Denuclearization of military: 4 years
Scietific Research to restore Earth to its natural status: XX years
Colonization of Uranum and Neptun: 10 years

Name: New Italian Empire
Territories: Italian Europe, Italian Phobos, Italian Venus, Galapagos Italian Military Base.
Population: 252 milion (147 Europe, 95 Venus, 10 Phobos)
Nuclear Winter Sick: 25 milion
Suffering Famine: 4 milion

Military:
Army: Large
Navy: Medium
Air Force: Medium
Space Fleet: Large
Nukes: 100 (-25 each year)
Interplanetary Nukes: none
Taking from where I left...
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old September 12, 2002, 05:46   #8
Giovanni Wine
King

adding something new...

ROMA NEWSPAPER
Emperor Raffello fall in desease
The Nuclear Winter sickness knocked at the door of the Imperial Palace in Rome, Emperor Raffaello today woke up with all of the symptomes of the Nuclear disease... insomnia, stomach ache, had ache, and most of all he is now completely blind.
In a last effort he decided to abdicate from the throne, and he nominate his good and skillful former Foreign Minister, Michelangelo as New Emperor of Italy.

Tomorrow Elections
Also the former Prime Minister, Del Piero, of the Green Party is losing ground, the polls that were done showed that the Green Party is no more the first party of Italy, mainly because the Greens were no able (according to the population) to decently fight off the Nuclear Winter.
The Secretary of the Colonist Party, Georg Kalac, from New Belgrade (Venus) is now the favourite by the Italians.
Tomorrow 24 April 2195 the Italians will pick their Prime Minister, which will share his power with the newly nominated Emperor.

Colonization continue
The Colonization of Uranum and Neptun keeps going on, the first pioneer that landed on Neptun founded the rest of an ancient, but very advanced Civilization, studies on the site had started.

Galileianus in mass production
The Galileianus solution, a solution that is able to slowly dissolve the Nuclear Nube, is started to be mass produced in the Italian factories, and took a level 1 priority in every manifacturing center.
The tests that were done in countryside near Palermo (Sicily - Europe) showed good results.

-------------------------------

Itallian Stats and Projects
Denuclearization of military: 3 years
Colonization of Uranum and Neptun: 9 years

Territories: Italian Europe, Italian Phobos, Italian Venus, Galapagos Italian Military Base.
Claimed: Uranum and Neptun
Population: 254 milion (146 Europe, 94 Venus, 10 Phobos, 4 Pioneer in Uranum)
Nuclear Winter Sick: 23 milion
Suffering Famine: 3.5 milion

Military:
Medium Army
Small Navy
Small Airforce
Large Space Navy
Nukes: 75 (-25 each year)

Saluti

EDIT: Typos
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu

Last edited by Giovanni Wine; September 12, 2002 at 05:53.
Old September 12, 2002, 12:19   #9
mmtt
Warlord

I'm claiming the leadership of Russia (if Cap'n Crunch comes back and wants to claim Russia, I will leave).
------------
Intelligence Reports about Russia for all countries of the World:

Interior Policy:
Riots start to appear in Russia. Lead by Vladimir Illiouchine and supported by workers and miners, the Soviets are gaining control over a few important cities. Volgograd is their stronghold and uprisings start in St-Petersburg and Moscow.

The government is powerless and isn't popular at all due to the defeat. The army is joining the Communists. Officers remembering the old good days of the Red Army are moving toward Volgograd and regrouping with the Commies already there.

Baltic States, Ukraine, Norway, Sweden and Finland may split from main Russia if order isn’t reestablish soon.

Diplomacy:
Russia needs help. It is clear that without any foreign support, the country will fall in anarchy and split up.
This is the official call for support from the government:
“Free nations of the World, our freedom is under the threat of a new communist onslaught. Dissensions are appearing through all Russia. We must stop this uprising before Russia falls into civil war. We are requesting peace keepers, mainly around Moscow and Volgograd. We are sure that the world powers won’t let Russia down and help her to reach stability once again.”

Russian Army situation:
A small part of the Army is still under control and based between Smolensk and Moscow. A few units are still loyal in the south and the west but will soon be smashed without help. Siberian and Oriental Army is divided between both sides. The Soviets haven’t really influenced the Eastern Russia, yet.
The Black Sea and Baltic Sea Fleets have already joined the Soviets. The Pacific one is still loyal to Moscow.
The Air Force, though quite small, are equipped with a new-generation of Mig fighters. Those planes in Soviet hands would give them a slight edge. Air Force officers assure that’s they are still loyal to Moscow government. But dealings behind the scene are taking place.
Space Navy is composed of the nomenclatura and then supporting the Russian former state.
Locations of nukes are unknown but some would be communist rebels control.

Economy:
Farming and fishery due to the Nuclear Winter has been quite hurt. People in the Northern parts of Russian are starving. In Ukraine, the situation is only slightly better. But the Mafia is still active and is using famines to make profits.
In industrial terms, the country is quite hurt. The Italian invasion has destroyed a big part of it. It is estimated that Russia has lost 1/3 on her formal productivity.
The merchant navy is nearly unhurt. Petrol and gas from Siberia and Caucasus are still being traded and sent to other countries. Commercial airlines are really hurt though, airports have been destroyed by air raids and some civilian planes been hit. Railways to Europe have been neutralized, 75% of it has been destroyed but the Tran Siberian is still operational.
Hospitals, schools and other social services are obsolete.

Summary:
-Russia is in Civil War.
-Soviets are holding South Russia (Caucasus, Black sea to Kursk and Kazan). They are being helped by the proletariat.
-Russian Government is weak and won’t last long without foreign help. But the Russia Elite supports it.
-Russia is still shaken by their defeat in the last war. Economy has suffered and the country is weak and unstable.
-The Russian Mafia is behind and is actively supporting the Moscow politics. If communists gain power, they would be defenseless.

Russia Stats :
Name: Russian Union of Republics.
Territory: Russia, a few Eastern Europe states and Scandinavia ones.
Population: 203 million
Nuclear Winter sick: 4 million
Starving: 10 million
War Casualties: 2 million

Medium Army
Medium Navy
Medium Air force
Few Nukes(50?)
Small Space Navy

Estimated end of civil war: 1 or 2 years most probably 2

----------------
OOC: I would like the Communists to get in power. But if you want to invade/send forces, do so, but Russian people will help the soviets.

Last edited by mmtt; September 12, 2002 at 12:26.
Old September 12, 2002, 13:57   #10
SKILORD
King

done!

need map.....
Old September 12, 2002, 15:53   #11
Cinna
Warlord

Sigh, ok ok I guess I'll take up my role again as Australia!

We are more than happy to resign the Austro-Italian pact and continue colonization both in this solar system and others. We are also happy to announce that Australia has remained relatively genecom free, and continue to aid the fight against them. Lastly we have almost completely cleaned up from the nuclear attacks that left almost a third of our population on Earth dead.
Old September 12, 2002, 16:19   #12
SKILORD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Cinna
Sigh, ok ok I guess I'll take up my role again as Australia!

We are more than happy to resign the Austro-Italian pact and continue colonization both in this solar system and others. We are also happy to announce that Australia has remained relatively genecom free, and continue to aid the fight against them. Lastly we have almost completely cleaned up from the nuclear attacks that left almost a third of our population on Earth dead.
don't forget the Bio-Warfare dead. And the Abomination induced deaths......

The ULS votes to send the IPF to Russia to maintain order there.
Old September 12, 2002, 18:58   #13
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Note: This was taken from p25 of the original thread. The upgrades that were started then are now considered complete.

[/b]Germany's Status:[/b]
Armed Forces:

Huge Army
Large Navy
Large Airforce
Medium Nukes
Large Space Navy
German Territories:

-European Territories (consisting of Germany, France, Benelux, Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Denmark, Austria, Poland, and several other Central European countries)
-Most of Antarctica (all except for former Sweedish Antarctica)
-Saturn and all of it's moons
-Colonies on Mars
-Faulkland Islands
-Tierra del Fuego
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GDFR Actions:
Part of our huge army is being sent to newly-acquired Poland, which we obtained from the peace treaty with the Russians.

Also, part of our army has claimed former Sweedish Antarctica. All of Antarctica is now unified under the German Flag.

The GDFR Space Comittee has launched a plan to greatly increase colonization of the Saturn system. Shuttles are now on a regular schedule from Earth to Saturn.

To ULS, NAF, UK, Australia, Italy: How about we join our two alliances together?

Last edited by Jonny; September 13, 2002 at 18:04.
Old September 12, 2002, 20:03   #14
SKILORD
King

Actuaally with the present alliances all are allied but the Aussies.
Old September 12, 2002, 22:21   #15
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

To all who have lands on Mars or his moons: We would like to negotiate a deal to unify Mars and his surroundings. First Servant Jerin Mastoff only wishes to bring unity to the planet, not cause an international crisis like the empress did in the old days.

Immediate measures are taken to rebuild Mars's infrastructure. WIthin 5 years inhabited Mars will be more or less at par economically and developmentally with the moon and Earth.

To all nations: I suggest the creation of an International Agency for the Protection of Civilization (IAPC; like the UN of SNESA1 if anyone can remember back then). All current nations will be members. Recognition be 1/3 of the members allows new nations to join. Every 3 years, we meet. Anyone can make proposals. We shall choose a chairman, who every 3 years (days IRL) will announce (ie post) the list of proposals, and the nations will have 1 year (day) to vote. All proposals posted since the previous vote and posted no later than 30 minutes after the vote is announces must be included (if not included originally they must be eidited in). Normal proposals require a majority to pass, proposals involving military operations require 2/3.

What do you all think of this idea?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old September 13, 2002, 05:56   #16
Giovanni Wine
King

Diplomacy
Quote:
We are more than happy to resign the Austro-Italian pact
To Australia: We don't understand if you want to leave the alliance... or if you want to sign it again.

To GFDR:
Italy is not happy about her exclusion from the treaty to join the Austro-Italian Pact, together with the Freedom Pact, anyway, we do hope that this was just a fault from the German Foreign Minister and that this wasn't intended.

To Martians
Italy welcomes the new Democratic leader of Mars, anyway, we do not intend to leave our Phobos colonies to you, as already 10 Milion people live there, and the metals we found there are too important for us (for the Production of Leonardicum).

To All
Italy votes on sending an IPF in Russia, to keep the Communist rebels on hold, and Italy also votes on sending economical help to Russia, to help the Russian Democratic Government to rebuild his country after the last tremendous war.

ROMAN NEWSPAPER
Colonist Party takes the office
After the elections that took place in all the Italian Territories, the Colonist Party, lead by Georg Kalac, for the first time in history obtained the majority.
These are the results:
Georg Kalac - Colonist Party 45%
Ciro Ferrara - Green Party 38%
Vladimir Godot - Isolationist Party 10%
Federico Badoglio - New Fascist Order Party 5%
Other parties 2%

Michelangelo Nominated Emperor
Former Foreign Minister, Michelangelo, was today officially nominated Emperor of the New Italian Empire.
The New Emperor in his speech, declared once again the Democratic principle that are at the base of the Italian Imperialistic Repubblic.
He also issued about giving more funds to the hospitals, in order to better fight the Nuclear Disease.

-------------------------------------

Denuclearization of military: 2 years
Colonization of Uranum and Neptun: 8 years

Population: 254 milion (144 Europe, 92 Venus, 10 Phobos, 4 As Pioneer in Uranum, 4 As Pioneer in Neptun)
Nuclear Winter Sick: 23.5 milion
Suffering Famine: 3.5 milion

Military:
Medium Army
Small Navy
Small Airforce
Large Space Navy
Nukes: 50 (-25 each year)
Old September 13, 2002, 13:38   #17
mmtt
Warlord

The PRAVDA

The Communist Party Newspaper

The Capitalist Hord in Moscow has been destroyed!
Communism rules once again over Russia!

Comrades, today is a great today! Our Army has taken Moscow and Comrade Vladimir Illiouchine has been nominated as the new Chairman in Russia. A new golden age will soon appear in Russia. Our troops are parading on the Red Place. The General Ivanof Gorkhvikin is giving them their medals and rewards for the outstanding actions they did to chase the evil usurpers in the Kremlin. Those capitalists will soon be arrested and judged for their crimes. Russia will reach her formal glory and become once again a power in this world.

The Charman Vladimir Illiouchine did yesterday a great speech and with his agreement we are rewriting some excerpts of it in these columns:
“Comrades, free people of all Russia, we have won! This is, like two hundred years ago, a new start for Russia. We are all united once again. We will form a new and rich Russia together. Young and old, men and women, soldiers and workers, sailors and pilots, searchers and farmers we will all work to build a whole new Russia like she was never before. I will be your leader and you will be all behind me to build this. This is our goal and we will reach them:
Our first and primary duty is to rebuild Russia. After this capitalist and treacherous war done by fools, our lovely Motherland is in ruins. Farms, factories, cities are only the shades that they were during the glorious time of the URSS! This can’t be, it’s should never have been. Weak politics have been traitors to our Motherland; WE must find them and make them pay for what they have done. That’s why during these troubled times, I have decided the formation of a new political police, the K.G.B. This new security police will be mainly formed from the Soviets paramilitary forces and security service. But they will need your help; you must tell them where they can find those traitors. Help them and you will help the Motherland. Our enemies must been advised that there won’t be any peace before they have been arrested and transferred to our justice. If these people are staying in any foreign countries, we request their immediate extradition. Order must be maintain in Russia.
Concerning the Genecom problems, they can stay in Russia if they want to become Russian citizens and to join the communism party. Even, if communist genecoms are feeling being threatened, the new Russian Government is offering them refugee status.
New Russia wants to become a fair and democratic state.
Concerning our army, the Comrade General Gorkhivikin is reforming the Red Army. Loyal officers to the Soviet cause will be promoted to higher post for their help during the Great Liberation War we have just gone through. Other officers or soldiers wanting to join the Red Army, will be helped in their new job by Commissars. Commissars will have the job to assist soldiers and help them to be integrated in this people’s army. Commissars will only be nominated by myself and my other close-collaborators. They have unlimited power to accomplish their tasks.”

Summary:
-Soviets seize Moscow and a new government is taking power, Communism.
-New Russia Government requests immediate extradition of former Russia Government. -Soviets are vetoing against the sending of IPF forces in their own country. They say that order is now restored and that they shall leave the United Nations if this motion goes on.
-They are increasing army size to large by enrolling by force people (takes effect in 2 years)
-Collectivizing will be soon restored (2 years).
-Secret Police starts looking for rebels or traitors inside the country.
-Space Navy secession from the country and is officially dismantled (inside resistance). They might join NAF because formal government went in exile there.

---
EDIT:typos etc

Last edited by mmtt; September 13, 2002 at 13:44.
Old September 13, 2002, 18:17   #18
Jonny

Diplomacy

To Italy: We apologise for your accidental exclusion from the proposal to join our two alliances together. It was just a typo, and you are most definitely invited to join this new alliance, which I propose we call the Grand Alliance.

To Mars: We are not interested in negotiating the sale of our Martian colonies at this time.

To All: We know that some of your countries have been ravaged by nuclear, biological, and chemical warfare. However, the GDFR was not directly attacked with any of these weapons during previous wars. We offer aid to those countries which have not had such good luck in the past.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Military
Defenses on our Russian borders have been increased, in order to maintain the peace and prevent rebellion in the aftermath of the recent Russian Revolution.
Old September 14, 2002, 08:53   #19
civman2000
Emperor

Nuclear devices have gone off in 23 cities on Mars, all of which were national or regional seats of government, including the capital of the GDFR colonies! 70% of the national leaders were killed, and the Martian government is in chaos!

THe whereabouts of First Servant Jerin Mastoff are unknown...

Various small groups have claimed control of the regions. The SEcond Servant, Kaud Marin, was killed in the attack on Marsopolis, as well as much of the Cabinet and Parliament. Only 13 members of Parliament were outside of Marsopolis when the explosion hit, and according the the Martian constitution they must elect an emergency leader among themselves. The new Emergency First Servant is Eruniama Wasanti, a woman from the Kuiper province. However, many of the regional groups that have taken power refuse to accept her.

Old September 14, 2002, 09:25   #20
Giovanni Wine
King

Diplomacy

To GFDR: We welcome your apologies, and we wish to tell you that Italy is very happy about this "Grand Alliance" idea and definetly vote yes at the GFDR proposal.

To Russia: Italy will not grant extradition for any of the Russian "political-criminal" that came into our country.

---------------------------------
Military:
Italy start increasing her army and navy size.
The Military presence in the Italian border with Russia had been increased a little bit, after the recent Russian events.

---------------------------------
Denuclearization of military: Stopped
Colonization of Uranum and Neptun: 7 years
Army to Large: 4 years
Navy to Medium: 3 years

Population: 254 milion (141 Europe, 91 Venus, 10 Phobos, 6 As Pioneer in Uranum, 6 As Pioneer in Neptun)
Nuclear Winter Sick: 23 milion
Suffering Famine: 3 milion

Military:
Army: Medium
Navy: Small
Airforce: Small
Space Navy: Large
Nukes: 50
Old September 14, 2002, 09:29   #21
Giovanni Wine
King

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
Nuclear devices have gone off in 23 cities on Mars, all of which were national or regional seats of government, including the capital of the GDFR colonies! 70% of the national leaders were killed, and the Martian government is in chaos!

THe whereabouts of First Servant Jerin Mastoff are unknown...

Various small groups have claimed control of the regions. The SEcond Servant, Kaud Marin, was killed in the attack on Marsopolis, as well as much of the Cabinet and Parliament. Only 13 members of Parliament were outside of Marsopolis when the explosion hit, and according the the Martian constitution they must elect an emergency leader among themselves. The new Emergency First Servant is Eruniama Wasanti, a woman from the Kuiper province. However, many of the regional groups that have taken power refuse to accept her.
Italy recognize Eruniama Wasanti as the only and righeous leader of the Martian people.
We also wish to extend our solidariety to the Martians and German colonist that were killed in this terrorist attack.

Saluti
Old September 14, 2002, 10:21   #22
Jonny

President von Stuben watched the incoming news reports in horror. Twenty-three cities on Mars, including the capital of the GDFR colonies, had been attacked with nuclear devices. Von Stuben knew he had to do something, he couldn't just sit there and watch.

A few hours later, he was making a speech.

"Today is a day of tragedy... Millions of people have been killed on Mars. There is no doubt that people of every nation, every race, every nationality have been killled in the attacks... Whoever committed these attacks will regret the day they messed with Mars and the GDFR."
Old September 14, 2002, 10:30   #23
mmtt
Warlord

Russia News
To All: -Given that GDFR and Italian Empire will soon be allies, the Red Army is reoccupying the demilitarized zone, officially chasing Ukrainian rebels.
The Chairman said that the occidental diktat has only been signed by unrecognized capitalist leaders of ancient Russia and given that, he does not see why he should respect it.
-Russia changes her name to New Union of Socialist Soviet Republics (NUSSR).
-NUSSR starts a new “Five Years Plan” in the goal to rebuild formal rate of production in wheat, coal and steel before the war. New houses are also being built.
-Communist Partisans are also seen on Mars, bringing weaponry to few rebels and start an active propaganda. A few are also seen in Nantes and Strasbourg trying to restart the Genecom movement there.

Diplomacy
-To GDFR and Italian Empire (secret): The Politburo does not wish to wage a war. But if you continue in this way, your actions might create a diplomatic incident and lead to a new war. Keep this clear in your mind.
On a side note, these incidents inside our country are only our own problem. You shouldn’t mess with them. Don’t forget our words are backed by Nuclear Weapons.

-To GDFR and Italian Empire: NUSSR would like to offer a NAP to close our little different. (Secret) We may also discuss about the Persian problem. Their politics these last years are quite disturbing as your own services noticed.

-To Australia: Please, try to reason your allies, the Italian Empire; they are taking inconsiderate actions along our border. Make them understand that it might start a new war. We also wants to sign a NAP with you and to buy food from your country.

Projects:
Collectivism: 1 year
Army increase to Large: 1 year
Rebuilding Soviet Economy: 5 years

-----
OOC:
Sorry for my typos etc, I don't speak well English (I'm an evil French if you want to know).
Old September 14, 2002, 10:53   #24
Jonny

Diplomacy
To NUSSR: The GDFR does not wish to wage a war either. However, your recent actions seem to express hostility against us. You seem to want a war.
Our words are backed with nuclear weapons, too.
__________________________________________________ __
The Munich Reporter
The Paper of German Politics and Such
--------------------------------------------------------
Is The Strausburg Act Legal?: People Debate

Years ago, there was a large Genecom popuation in the City of Strausburg. Years ago, they rebelled. And years ago, the rebellion was ended by GDFR forces. As a result of the rebellion, the Strausburg Act was passed.

It states that "All Genecoms living in the GDFR are to be removed from the Empire" and that "No Genecoms, present or future, are allowed to be within the Realm of the GDFR."

The AILHR group (All Intelligent Life Has Rights) is filing a lawsuit against the government. They are saying that the Genecoms are basically human, and that they deserve the same rights as humans.

Opponents say that the Genecoms aren't truly human, and so they do not have the same rights as humans. They also claim that Genecoms have always been a threat to nation, and that they always will be.

The case is likely to go to the German Supreme Court.
NUSSR Tries to Restart Genecom Rebellion in GDFR

NUSSR agents have been trying to restart the Genecom rebellions in Strausburg and other cities. Unfortunately, there are no more Genecoms in those cities. After the first Genecom rebellion, all Genecoms were removed from the GDFR. (See above story for more details.) The NUSSR agents are being sent home to Moscow.
Old September 14, 2002, 11:12   #25
civman2000
Emperor

The rulers of Phlegra, who were members of Mastoff's Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), denounce Wasanti as "involved in the attacks"! They claim that 6 of the 13 Parliamentary survivors were members of the Imperialist Party, and all but 2 of the rest were members of the LDP or other anti-Imperialist parties but secretly had ties to the Imperialists. THey denounce the Imperialists for allegedly "using terrorism to take power". However, none of these claims have been confirmed by anyone else.

As a result of this, many of the states friendly to the LDP and many friendly to the Imperialist have declared their support or opposition for Wasanti. Others are neutral.

Imperialists (Pro-Wasanti)
Madler
Russo-Phlegra
Kuiper
Chryse
Imperium
Anglo-Kuiper
Mestern-Jarg
New Arizona

Anti-Wasanti (LDP or Socialist)
Phlegra
New Siberia
New Imperium
Anglo-Imperium
Mestern-Fran
Hesperia

Neutral/Other
Polaria
New Idaho
Mestern-Nargg
Russo-Imperium
Anglo-Centralia
Chryso-Centralia
New Polaria
New Wyoming

Old September 14, 2002, 11:15   #26
civman2000
Emperor

Map. Blue outlined=GDFR colonies. Green outlined province=Anti-Wasanti. Maroon outlined province=Imperialist. Orange outlined province=Neutral/Other
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	snesa2mars2.gif
Views:	73
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	24358  

Old September 14, 2002, 13:32   #27
mmtt
Warlord

All that follows is OOC and mainly adressed to Jonny:

Oh sorry. I will immediatly edit my post. I must have misread something and perhaps have thought that Genecoms were still resisting inside GDFR. Or maybe you would prefer to let it stay so?
(the nuclear weapons sentence was just a reference to some Civ1 games. If you think its misappropriated I will remove it too.)

I'm also trying to roleplay a quite radical communist thats why NUSSR politic may be seen as warmongering-like. Despite this, I will try to maintain peace in this game.

Isn't it a nice cold war game that we are playing?

Civman2000:
Would like to know if you will include some commies in this "Anti-Wasanti"? Or in any other party?

Last edited by mmtt; September 14, 2002 at 17:32.
Old September 14, 2002, 14:06   #28
Giovanni Wine
King

Diplomacy

To NUSSR: Italy does not seek any war with NUSSR, but as a Democratic state, we can not, and we shall not grant extradition for any of the former Russian political leader that are considered criminals in your country. Anyway, if you would still agree to it, we will sign the NAP to you.

To NUSSR (secret): Italy agrees with you about the Persian issue, their politics have been lately very authoritarian, and the suppression of the Greek revolters into a bloodbath is just the tip of what we think is a horrible iceberg.

To Mars: After the recent events, Italy declares it's complete neutrality to the conflict. We do hope, however, that the true author of that terrorist attack, will soon be captured and condemned for his actions.

OOC: Yes mmtt, i think this will bea great cold war

Saluti
Old September 14, 2002, 15:02   #29
SKILORD
King

Dearest NUSSR:

Sadly i find the concept of a New Communist Russia unreconcilable and must ask that multiple parties be allowed. In the Humble opinion of the Senate and President of the Interstellar Lunar Empire your dictatorship will be broken, it is only a question of how hard you make it. We don't fear you because we can always move to the Centauri system.

Projects: Icy Grip [Secret]: 4 Days

Upgrade Merchantile Fleet: 2 Days
Upgrade Army's training: 3 days
Old September 14, 2002, 16:34   #30
mmtt
Warlord

To Italian Empire:
About extradition of former political leaders, if you keep them in your country and don't allow them to move out of their residence, we shall accept this NAP.
To show our confidence in Italian Empire, we shall lighten our forces near your border
(i.e.: -65% of Russian Forces in Ukraine are moving in Baltic States, near Germany border,
-25% are moving into Caucasus, ready to invade Persia.
-The rest, 10%, retreats out of the demilitarized zone and stays in eastern part of Ukraine)

The Politburo thanks the Italian Empire for these proposals. We hope a new friendship shall start out of the ashes of the war.
We would like to also buy foods and import Leonardicum* from your Empire.

To ULS/ILE:
We don’t understand what you are talking about. Russians are fully supporting the Communist Party. Nobody would vote for any other party. We are a democratic state and hope to be treated so. Your insinuation of a communist dictatorship running in Russia is truly false. We invite you to a trip in NUSSR to see by your eyes what really happens in our country.
We also don’t understand why your states should fear us; we don’t have any space navy or IPBM.
Your anti-NUSSR position would ruin the thin peace in the Solar System. Do not go further for the god’s sake of humanity.

To GDFR:
Our troops on your border are only here for occupying duty and defense of any aggression. They will be removed if you accept to sign a NAP. If you accept, half of our troops will automatically retreat.

To all nations of Earth:
We are requesting the immediate activation of the Gaian Act* in case of ILE attack on NUSSR. This is only in the goal to maintain peace.

This post is subject to modifications/edits etc..
----------------------------------
OOC: Quite a feeling to lead a ruined state in a cold war climate where every nation on earth has a nuke aimed on your neck...

*I think it’s still on? I didn’t find any post where it was deleted. I read some protestations about it but nothing stating that it no longer exists. Well if it does let say that I’m requesting UN help.

Last edited by mmtt; September 14, 2002 at 17:29.