Old September 12, 2002, 15:02   #1
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 08:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Veterancy
Veterancy

1. Is there any way of making more than one veterancy level eg Green, Experianced, veteran and then Elite?

2.Is there anyway to make it so when a unit upgrades also gains health and its health bar gets visibly bigger

3.Is there anyway to determine what veterancy level goodyhut units are when you get them eg if the above 2 where possible make them appear on level Green

This is all from SMAC and Civ3 I know but i think it would be a very cool feature. Im hoping but pretty sure u cant enlarge the health bar
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old September 12, 2002, 16:25   #2
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 04:53
DP
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; September 12, 2002 at 16:42.
Old September 12, 2002, 16:27   #3
Pedrunn
King

1) Yes. And i have some big ideas for this. Too bad i am already too busy with the religion code, the PBEM fix, the City Expansion for others mods and after all this finished i will probably try a a variattion of the civ3 strategic resources concept.

2) in my way you can but the healthy bar wont get bigger.

3)

EDITED
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; September 12, 2002 at 16:46.
Old September 12, 2002, 16:44   #4
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Well thats a better answer than I expected

Topic closed I suppose
Old September 12, 2002, 17:01   #5
Turambar
Call to Power II Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 07:53
I've already got a "leader" type unit that upgrades to a new better unit the more it fights. It works so far though there a lot more things I plan to do with this unit and others........
Old September 12, 2002, 17:09   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Pedrunn, how?
Old September 12, 2002, 17:13   #7
SMIFFGIG
Prince

IW
Good question.... how

Turambar
Thats a cool thing uve done there. Can you make it so its like the Civ3 version though, where a great leader is created after certain triggers eg one of ur UU's (unique units) wins a battle or one of your ELITE (Since this can be done now Pedrunn ) wins a battle.

Edit
Pedrunn
question 3
what I mean is, can you make the units one recieves from a goody hut be "Green" veterancy level. As in Civ3 and the normal veterancy level is one above "Green" and is called "Regular"

(Personly i think "Normal" sound better than Regular but nm)
(Regular fries please (just not a commanly used word in UK)
Old September 12, 2002, 17:21   #8
Turambar
Call to Power II Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Quote:
Thats a cool thing uve done there. Can you make it so its like the Civ3 version though, where a great leader is created after certain triggers eg one of ur UU's (unique units) wins a battle or one of your ELITE (Since this can be done now Pedrunn ) wins a battle.
I do have plans for you to be able to get Leaders from normal units fighting but currently you get one when each city is built and when they die.

I also plan to make it so you can only have one leader per stack (as you don't want more than one person as the leader of your army) though telling the AI this could be more tricky.

I have possible plans for UU's but not like Civ3.
Old September 12, 2002, 17:59   #9
Pedrunn
King

How to create? Creating new a unit just like the other but stronger if the unit wins a battle and deserves to upgrade.

How to know if it does deserves to upgrade? Using global variabal we can set a experience level for every unit or we could just make it a random chance.

How to know the level of the unit? since the code base on new units we can make a tga for every unit level. I though in chnging the unit pic background or having little dark stars that light up every time the unit upgrades every unit level.

The code is very easy to do but very time consuming. Specially to make new unit entries and pictures with stars for every. And has to be doen for each mod.

Turambar, i totally forgot but i was going to send this code i made based on a IW code a couple of months ago. wich creates a leader unit depending on the event. I hope you enjoy decoding it. The creation of the unit works but i am not sure if the decrease of happiness when they get killed part is working.

Leaders make the units over under his stack veteran. It is the first event handler of the code.
Attached Files:
File Type: slc leader.slc (7.8 KB, 6 views)
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; September 12, 2002 at 18:04.
Old September 12, 2002, 18:45   #10
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:53
The one problem with your code, Pedrunn, is that you have no way of knowing what level the AI units are at Other than that - woohaa, you're on a frenzy! You're working full-time on SLIC or something? If you keep this up you'll soon be out of a job because you're generating code faster than we can generate ideas
Old September 12, 2002, 19:31   #11
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
The one problem with your code, Pedrunn, is that you have no way of knowing what level the AI units are at
So what? You cant see them in the original game either. Since when they are in a stack you just know there is one unit that is veteran. And why should the player know? The surprise element is something good.

Quote:
Other than that - woohaa, you're on a frenzy! You're working full-time on SLIC or something? If you keep this up you'll soon be out of a job because you're generating code faster than we can generate ideas

Please dont. Slic is the only thing i can do. my family will be disapointed. Everybody will call me a looser! My friends will disapear! My gilfriend will leave me! I will have to leave in the streets! My eleven childrens will have to go adoption! I will have to eat food from the trash!
And the worse part is I will have to sell my PC and wont be able to mod CTP2 again
I can slow down!!! No I Cant!!!

Actually i had an surgery. So i spend almost my whole day at home. Thats why i am slicing so much in the last three weeks. Although my parents and my girlfriend are starting to get worried

But all my codes need to be finished until the end of the month. Thats when my university classes starts. And they will consume my whole morning and the afternoon. Plus the time to study what i've leaned. Until this i want to make all the feature i want in CTP2. And use the few time i have just to enjoy my new CTP2 game.
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; September 12, 2002 at 20:08.
Old September 13, 2002, 14:22   #12
Turambar
Prince

Thanks for the code Pedrunn! You've saved me alot of work with the Veterancy part .

Currently I've a unit that can upgrade 3 times and uses 3 different graphics. I'll use the veteran code on either the 2nd and/or 3rd upgraded unit.

The unit at the moment upgrades based on a random value as not every single unit leader is going to be the same.

Another question: Can you make units retreat during a battle using SLIC?

The hard part is will be when I try to give them personalities...........

I'll probably post some of what I've done over the weekend. I'm going to have plenty of time to work on this and other things over the next two weeks so hopefully I can post something worth playing by Octoberish .