Old September 16, 2002, 15:23   #61
Turambar
Call to Power II Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 07:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I've a new email by the way:

turambar@shoresofvalinor.com (i've waited 2 months for it)

Old September 16, 2002, 15:35   #62
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:57
Shadow, I have sent an email to both TheArsenal and Repistes asking if they can join us in our game for this Wednesday...let's see if we can actually pull this together...
Old September 16, 2002, 18:07   #63
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Shadow, I have sent an email to both TheArsenal and Repistes asking if they can join us in our game for this Wednesday...let's see if we can actually pull this together...
Apologies for my lack of communication on the boards about the tourney. I got a nasty surprise late last week when this site was blocked at work by Websense under the category "Games". I found a way around it however.

I can play any day this week, including Weds. but it will have to be after 17:00 PST.
Old September 16, 2002, 19:36   #64
Shadow
Warlord

Local Time: 17:57
Could you guys in my group set your play times in UTC please (Greenwich Mean Time [GMT], Zulu time, whatever you want to call it), as I'm in Australia and don't know all the different US time zones.

By the way, I'm GMT +10 hours.
Cheers.
Now the fat lady's singin'...
Old September 16, 2002, 19:40   #65
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Ok, Arsenal and myself are both in California - which would place us at GMT -8.

So Shadow, what time is the best for you?
Old September 16, 2002, 21:29   #66
Shadow
Warlord

OK, going on your PST (I mean these are you local times), I'm good for:

Wed 1400 until 2200.
Thu 1600 until 0600.
Fri 1300 until 2100.

Looks like we might have a game on our hands boys...
Old September 17, 2002, 09:58   #67
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Arsenal mentioned that he could play tonight at 1800 (PST). He can't logon any earlier because of that nagging thing called a "job"

So how does 1800 PST, 17 Sept (tonight) [0200 GMT, 18 Sept] sound for you Shadow?

PS: No word so far from Repistes...
Old September 17, 2002, 13:33   #68
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Well, I don't know what is up, but I can not seem to get the internet option of joining/creating a game to work (I normally play via LAN).

Yes, I have deleted CTP2 off my system and reloaded it with only the official patch and the latest servers.dat file.

When I choose Internet Play, I get two choices for servers: games.igateway.net and nl.alink.gamepoint.net

I choose nl.alink.gamepoint.net, of course...but most of the time I can't seem to join the lobby; and when I do happen to get in, I try to create a game - It asks me if I want it password portected or not...It doesn't matter what I choose (yes or no) the screen keeps looping back to the passord yes or no screen.

So the bottom line is if I can not join the lobby or for that matter, a game - I guess I won't be playing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old September 17, 2002, 13:41   #69
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Ok, Arsenal and myself are both in California - which would place us at GMT -8.

So Shadow, what time is the best for you?
Actually, I think this time of year we're GMT - 7, not 8.

In any case, I am available:

Weds: 1800 - 2300 (PST); 11:00 - 16:00 (GMT)
Thurs: 1800 - 2300 (PST); 11:00 - 16:00 (GMT)
Friday: No Can Do
Saturday: 11:00 - 15:00 (PST); 4:00 - 8:00 (GMT)
Sunday: No Can Do

(If any of this is screwed up, rely on PST).
Old September 17, 2002, 13:51   #70
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 08:57
Wittlich if you say you can join the lobby at least sometimes then you might be able to join a game but not host. It doesnt ask you for a password if the host doesnt set one, so you might get in, bypassing that looping back thing. I never came across something like that before.
Old September 17, 2002, 17:09   #71
mkalthoff
Chieftain

@wíttlich: when u are in the lobby and type something in the chatbox:
1.Is the message echoed twice?
2. Are you able to leave the lobby?
Old September 17, 2002, 19:03   #72
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

mkalthoff, the message is not echoed twice and yes, I can leave the lobby (it might take a while, but I can eventually leave).

Maquiladora and whoever else is interested: Shadow and myself just sent the past hour or so trying to get a game going - to no avail. Here are some points that we noticed:

1. I cannot join a lobby unless there is someone already there.

2. Shadow sets up a game, I try to join it...my computer states "Joining Game...." and it will stay stuck on this until Shadow exits his game setup, then I get the message "connection lost."

3. I set up a game and the reverse happends - Shadow cannot join.

So the $100,000.00 question is "What are we doing wrong?"

PS: Oh and the gamepoint server is the only one that will allow us in - the igateway server does not.
Old September 17, 2002, 19:16   #73
Shadow
Warlord

*Hasitly disconnects monitor cables in order to not take CPU with it when it gets hurled over the balcony railing...*

Old September 17, 2002, 19:19   #74
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

This is getting VERY strange. When me, mapfi and ETB tried to start, when ETB hosted mapfi couldnt join and when mapfi hosted ETB couldnt join, in the exact same way you stated you couldnt join Shadow, yet i could still join both of them. When i hosted both could join me, so we settled on that.

It could well be that some people cant host others, or that some people cant host at all. If you can get all your players in the lobby and try every person as host, see if someone works.

Or if not i could try and host and see if you can join me.
Old September 17, 2002, 20:05   #75
Shadow
Warlord

Thanks Maq, might have to do that.
TheArsenal gets online around... well... soon... LOL
We'll see how he fares.
I've hosted lots of games before, and never had any trouble getting into a game like this, so this problem is all new to me. Can't find much in a forum search either...
Old September 17, 2002, 20:08   #76
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Yep, I guess we'll find out in about 45 minutes from now.
Old September 17, 2002, 20:37   #77
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Hmmm. Strange happenings indeed. My only suggestion is check the system for a poltergeist.

I don't seem to be having any problem entering the lobby or creating games.
Old September 17, 2002, 20:44   #78
Shadow
Warlord

Whitlich & TheArsenal, go to the Apolyton main page and enter the chat room, we'll talk there.
Old September 17, 2002, 22:17   #79
Shadow
Warlord

The game of Wittlich, TheArsenal and Shadow has been postponed until tomorrow, due connection difficulties.

Restart at 0100 GMT.
Old September 17, 2002, 22:40   #80
Oerdin
Deity

We had one player call to reschedule last weekend and I'm afraid I just got a new job and will have to spend this weekend moving to a new town. Lucutus, I might be able to still play if you tell me exactly when we will play ahead of time so that I can be sure to make time. I most certainly want to play but moving will make this difficult. E-mail me and we can find a way to make this work.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 18, 2002, 11:57   #81
Maquiladora
Emperor

Mauro can we test our game before friday? I would like to know its ready, instead of faffing about before we start playing. Ill be in the lobby tonight and tomorrow at 7pm GMT+1.

If anyone enters the lobby to play can they make sure that theyve closed every program, including icq and most certainly exited apolyton chat room. You wont have anytime to check those anyway when youre playing.

Seems like Wittlich is still having some problems with connecting too
Old September 18, 2002, 14:57   #82
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
Seems like Wittlich is still having some problems with connecting too
That's an understatement...But yes, I believe my problem is with my router.

I have DSL coming into my home, connecting into my router, and my router supplies the internet connection for all 5 of our computers (yes, my partner is a network administrator).

The problem I think is happening is that the game server wants the same IP address for upload and download on a given computer. I have one IP address (assigned by my ISP provider) and then my router assigns all the computers on the network another IP address....my partner is planning on buying a better router which will (hopefully) solve this problem, but the purchase will not occur for about another month...So I guess that I have to step out of the tournament until my partner and I can resolve this router/IP sharing/quasi-firewall issue.
Old September 18, 2002, 18:08   #83
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Wittlich: Too bad about the router. It would have been fun to get this started with you on board.

Shadow: If everything is set on your end, I am still available to play tonight at the same time, but will get their right at 1800. Do you mind hosting?

It's looks as though Toni is stepping in for Wittlich, but it sound as those he is waiting to get the official blessing from Locutus. If he doesn't post here to confirm, I'll guess we'll just wait and see.
Old September 18, 2002, 21:07   #84
Peter Triggs
CTP2 Source Code ProjectCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 07:57
Locutus hasn't posted in a couple of days. I think he said something about having trouble with his computer. Maybe you guys should sort it out amongst yourselves.
Old September 18, 2002, 21:18   #85
Oerdin
Deity

That might be best. How does Saturday morning at 16:00 GMT in the Netherlands server sound?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 18, 2002, 21:44   #86
ETB
Warlord

Local Time: 02:57
Maquiladora and mapfi – I hope you have good luck with our game. I would very much like to finish off the Irish! Unfortunately, I have a commitment at church Friday evening so I can’t play then. Sorry guys, I forgot about it last Sunday when we took our break – I must have been too eager to continue! I am available Saturday and Sunday afternoons (evenings your time) if mapfi’s plans have changed. Otherwise, we can try during the week. I should be available after 9:00 PM GMT (due to that work thing) so I don’t blame you guys if you want to wait until the following weekend when I can start earlier in the day. Let me know what you want to do.

BTW – right now I am sitting on the balcony of my beachfront room in Key West looking at the moon’s reflection on the Atlantic Ocean! This work thing can be REAL tough sometimes!
Old September 18, 2002, 22:03   #87
Maquiladora
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ETB
Maquiladora and mapfi – I hope you have good luck with our game. I would very much like to finish off the Irish! Unfortunately, I have a commitment at church Friday evening so I can’t play then. Sorry guys, I forgot about it last Sunday when we took our break – I must have been too eager to continue! I am available Saturday and Sunday afternoons (evenings your time) if mapfi’s plans have changed. Otherwise, we can try during the week. I should be available after 9:00 PM GMT (due to that work thing) so I don’t blame you guys if you want to wait until the following weekend when I can start earlier in the day. Let me know what you want to do.
Hey ETB, yep better wait until we can have a good run at things, rather than just a few hours here and there. I guess its down to Mauro this weekend. Gonna try and test the saved game tomorrow so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally posted by ETB
BTW – right now I am sitting on the balcony of my beachfront room in Key West looking at the moon’s reflection on the Atlantic Ocean! This work thing can be REAL tough sometimes!
Damn i need a better job

Shadow, TheArsenal and Toni just started their game awhile ago so hopefully thatll go smoothly...
Old September 18, 2002, 22:38   #88
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 02:57
Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
That might be best. How does Saturday morning at 16:00 GMT in the Netherlands server sound?
That would be like noon or 1pm est right?
Old September 19, 2002, 00:38   #89
Oerdin
Deity

Hmm, 18:00 or 19:00 GMT? Ok, I will go for 18:00 GMT on the Netherlands server this Saturday (Sep. 21st). Will that work for the rest of you?
Old September 19, 2002, 02:37   #90
Shadow
Warlord

My game with TheArsenal and Toni (in place of Wittlich) has started smoothly.

Toni's off to a flying start from what I can tell, with TA not far behind... and my expansionistic efforts leaving me squandering back in last...

Lesson: don't spend every last (start of game) dollar on settlers that subsequently get killed...

To be resumed possibly Monday.

Shadow