Old September 14, 2002, 18:42   #1
Oddible
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Diplomacy Screen & Governors
Ok, ok, its way to late to be throwing this out, and I've seen other posts shortly after Civ3 was released but I am very disappointed to see that the Diplomacy Screen is not getting the expected makeover in PtW that so many of us have requested.

The inability to view more than 8 Civs causes serious logistical issues when trying to assess treaties. If you are playing with 12 civs, you end up having to change 1,2 or 3 of the civs on the Diplomacy Screen 4 times each in order to see all the treaties present in the game! Why do I need to look at such big pictures of their ugly mugs anyway - fit all 12 on the screen, of 16 for that matter, practicality vs. pretty pictures - it just plain doesn't work this way - I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrom just trying to find out who's allied with whom?!?

And while I'm on the subject of wrist injuries, when playing large maps, after receiving a luxury and having my happiness status change in many cities, I find I have to arrow through every city to make sure the citizens are optimized. I've gotten to the point that I just arrow through and double-click the center to let the governor reallocate based on the current happiness - doing this for 50+ cities is tedious as hell - how about a 'Governor Reallocate' button somewhere that forces a readjustment in all cities?

When is PtW 2 coming out?
Old September 15, 2002, 05:33   #2
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 10:00
Re: Diplomacy Screen & Governors
Quote:
Originally posted by Oddible
The inability to view more than 8 Civs causes serious logistical issues when trying to assess treaties. If you are playing with 12 civs, you end up having to change 1,2 or 3 of the civs on the Diplomacy Screen 4 times each in order to see all the treaties present in the game! Why do I need to look at such big pictures of their ugly mugs anyway - fit all 12 on the screen, of 16 for that matter, practicality vs. pretty pictures - it just plain doesn't work this way - I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrom just trying to find out who's allied with whom?!?
Yeah, it's annoying you can't view more than 7 enemies (Sure, in MP you can't play more than 8 anyway, but I don't think they have completely removed SP...). In one of the screenshots I have seen, there's a "more" button in the diplomacy screen (Too lazy to find the screenshot at the moment...). I wonder how that one works...
Old September 15, 2002, 10:59   #3
XOR
Warlord

Local Time: 08:00
Quote:
how about a 'Governor Reallocate' button somewhere that forces a readjustment in all cities?
That would be good, but the "Manage citizen moods" options will probably do what you want.