Chieftain

Local Time: 09:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Suggestion List
Civilization 3 Suggestion list
(2002-09-16 #002)

Unit

Healer Unit
A unit that heals other units faster that are close by, like 2 per turn outside enemy border and 1 per turn inside (2 when having the wonder).

Boost
Have a using that is capable of boosting another unit, like a gain 25% in attack or defence (general or maybe priest).

Fly
Be able to have flying units like helicopters (or hovers, future flying ships), that can fly over any terrain (except maybe mountains). How long before refuelled should be an option (also infinite fuel).

Work Rate
Having different effective worker (be able to set work rate, nice to have some military units being able to build some things but slower, also nice to have engineers doing faster work (I know work rate can be upgrade by tech, but nice to have different workers at the same time).

Water Worker
Be able to have a water working unit and having worker jobs on water.

Retreat
Be able to set if a unit (and how good it is) at escaping battle/flying (even 1 movement units that have not moved recently).

Better Fortify
Having a unit or ability, that can make better temporary fortifications. Having a new type of fortification that can be built that is more effective.

Ambush
Ambush ability on some units, like being able to when still for some turns disappears out of site, but attack if an enemy unit come close (also having how good the units is doing this, and also how good units is to spot such things).

City

New City Max Size
Be able to set new max sizes in city and not just the two (from aqueduct and the hospital), also having a building that boost city max size with for example 10% or +2. City max size should not be directly connected to city levels (also more city levels would be nice). Add a city size minimum to build some units/buildings or even free buildings when a city reaches a certain size.

Towers
Be able to build towers (in a city or by itself) that can shoot at close by and attacking units. Should be able to be built first in middle ages (or maybe earlier) and improved over time.

City Type
Be able to set a city to a specially type, like military camp/sea port/trade port/farm land/industry.

Editor

Add Terrain
Be able to add new terrains (and not just replace), like: artic/glacier, forested hills, dessert hills/dunes, swamp, savannah, large mountains, coral reefs, volcano, bed rocks (and be able to setting up more for each type, like if road is possible to build (like not possible on swamps)).

Resources
Set how much a resource add in food/shields/commerce when built irrigation/mining/road (for example iron should not at much shields until mined). Also separate the 3 types of resources in the resource list with a line or something. Maybe a chance a resource is changed to something else.

New Worker Job
Be able to add new (and not just replace) worker jobs, like: sawmill, farmland, terminal borehole :-), one more type of road - better then road but less good than railroad. Also be able to set movement on rail (like 16/step or something).

Terra Form
Be able to terra form; call it magic if you like.

Add Eras
Be able to add eras and not just 4 of them (at least up to 9).

Tech Options
Be able to set a tech to non tradable (and not being able to get it with great library).

World
Larger max size than 256x256 (some just want a never ending game). Add a new world size, like enormous or humongous. Also add flat word and even the option to scroll over polar.

Governments
Add more options for governments like, % science/gold/food/shield bonuses and % bonuses on specially types of buildings and units like religious buildings and offensive units, bonuses on rushing units/buildings.

Other
Options for golden age to appear in every era.
Option to set that spill on making new units/building is not wasted but added to next thing, same with new city size (like in Alpha Centauri). This will lessen the micromanagement a bit.
Be able to set air range to longer than 8.

Notes

What do you think about my list of improvements? If anything already can be done or will be able to in the expansion, please tell me. Most of the suggestions are for doing better mods and not new default values. Also tell me what things that is too hard to make and other new suggestions so I can improve my list.

Last edited by Bolt; September 16, 2002 at 14:42.
Old September 16, 2002, 09:44   #2
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 10:04
Healer Unit, Boost - You've played too much Warcraft

Fly - What's the point? What for? To be more precise: what would the flying unit do? Attack like a tank? That would be an attack helicopter, like in Civ2. I hardly ever used them in civ2, but in civ3 I use the helicopters even less (I kinda miss the civ2-type paratroopers and the mountain ... ski...arrgh what was their name? ).

Work Rate - Having military units building fortifications, maybe at half speed, would be nice

Water Worker: we have harbors (increase food), offshore platforme (increase production) and we will have commercial docks (don't know yet, but probably increase trade). So, what would the water worker do?

Retreat, better fortify - no (my opinion)

Ambush - interesting idea

New City Cap - I'm afraid I don't understand

towers - we will have radar towers, only as tile improvements and not city improvements

city type - what for?

I'm not interested in the editor, so I'm not going to address those ideas.

I hope the fact that I'm against of most of your ideas won't upset you. New ideas are always wellcome. This is just how I feel about them.

Edited: Sorry, I edited my reply while you wre answering me.
--Woody Allen

Last edited by Tiberius; September 16, 2002 at 10:01.
Old September 16, 2002, 09:53   #3
Bolt
Chieftain

Nope it wont upset me. I wanted feedback, thats why I posted it here. But I think a new option in the editor is never wrong (if not missused off cource).

Well most of this things is for big mods, like in a fantasy or future mod.

The flying thingy: Well I have heard much about complainging that helicopter (in mods) dont work as they should. Thus not flying like airplains but like fast moving ground things but be able to fly over water.

Well the heal and boost add new strategies, that you want to have more units together in a group helping echother.

Well water workers like in Alpha Centauri if you want to do a mod like that.

Well the city cap: Sometime pople want more than just the two addition to a city size, the aqueduct and the hospital.

Last edited by Bolt; September 16, 2002 at 10:21.
Old September 16, 2002, 10:04   #4
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I understand now the helicopter thing, I agree on this.

I think you misunderstood me about the city caps. I don't understand what city caps are ?
--Woody Allen
Old September 16, 2002, 10:12   #5
Bolt
Chieftain

Well the max size a city can have given enough food.

Will try to better/clarify the list as I update it.
Old September 16, 2002, 10:22   #6
Tiberius
Emperor

You mean more tiles for a city to eat from? Cities expanding beyond the 2 tiles limit?
Or are you talking about one more imrpovement that would let cities grow bigger?
--Woody Allen
Old September 16, 2002, 13:37   #7
Bolt
Chieftain

Well I talked about having more max sizes becuase of just having 2 buildings that can chenge it: the aqueduct (7 default) and the hospital (14 default).
But I guess larger expansion could be nice too, but much work to do to change it.

Anyone else then Tiberius that got any suggestions?