Old September 16, 2002, 09:46   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
News Update: need help what did I miss?
I missed most of the week, so let me know what else need in.

Term four elections are now underway. They will be sworn into office on Teusday evening. Please come and vote for our new administration:

President
Vice President
Minister of War
Minister of Science
Minister of Economy
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Minister of Imperial Expansion
Minister of Public Works
City Planner

In game, we have coninued our assault on the treacherous Persians in punishment for their violation of our trust and our Right of Passage agreement. Our efforts have granted us a boon, however, in the form of Ramses! Our first Great Leader. Current debate is focused upon how best to use him. Join in the discussion and poll located here.

One of the most discussed and debated topics surrounding the demo game has been the conducting of chats. It appears that somehow, our current President has formed a decent and acceptable standard for such. I can not put it more eloquently than adaMada, so I will quote him:

"Credit for these amazing events need to be spread throughout multiple people. First, all attendees deserve credit. Thanks to Aro, Rangers, Aggie, Apoc, Sprud, adaMada, adaMada42, MrWIA, MrWheresItAt, and MWIA for coming. (Tragically, MrWIA was forced to eject MrWheresItAt and MWIA forcibly from the chat when they became unruly). Without the contributions of this group, we would have accomplished little. Some of our citizen’s actions also stand about above others in the events of this past century. Credit goes to General Aggie, who has led our troops to victory against hordes of Persian forces. Credit goes to President MrWheresItAt, whose steady hand has guided our nation through these events with such skill that have led some to wonder if he just isn’t lucky. Credit goes to Shiber and E_T, who formulated the two plans that were combined by Acting Foreign Minister adaMada to produce the trading plan that we used so fruitfully. All things considered, this is a fitting tribute to the success of this Administration. May we see many future centuries pass as fruitfully. "

-- adaMada --

For the full quote, and more in depth analysis, the source for all things C3DG as always is The Jungle Gazette. Find a listing of our statistics here, and a current map here.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; September 16, 2002 at 14:26.
Old September 16, 2002, 14:29   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

OK, this goes out in 2 hours. Ready or not. Please let me know if anything needs adding

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 16, 2002, 14:40   #3
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:04
Can't think of anything .

/me hopes he didn't leave anyone obvious out in that thanks section now it's about to go on the newspage...

/me can't think of anyone, though, so...

Nice job!

-- adaMada

EDIT: Oh yea, you didn't mention the lux trading, but that's mentioned in the Gazette, so...
Old September 16, 2002, 14:54   #4
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Yeah, I just don't like writing on the trades in general. Gazette or news. All those numbers, steps...it is just not much fun for me. There are few things that I really struggle to write about. That is one of them.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 16, 2002, 15:03   #5
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Trades are normally pretty boring, but these weren't so much becaise of how major they were, how much debate there was, and how much we accomplished with them, I think.

You could add write about the discussion on weather Rome will attack or not, if you want to add something, but that doesn't really need to be ACS News unless they actually do attack. Just trying to think of things that's happened recently... the numbers on how we destroyed twelve units and lost two are already in my quote (at least the full one) so that doesn't matter so much, but if you're looking for quick and interesting stats, that could go in the Persian War part.

-- adaMada
Old September 16, 2002, 15:06   #6
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Yeah, hope you don't mind me stealing your post there. The way I see it, if it is posted, it is fair game. It was a beautiful peice of writing, so I added it all over.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 16, 2002, 15:14   #7
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Yeah, hope you don't mind me stealing your post there. The way I see it, if it is posted, it is fair game. It was a beautiful peice of writing, so I added it all over.
Na, I'm happy it went to good use . I'm just scared that I left something/someone out now people are actually reading it .

-- adaMada