Old September 17, 2002, 22:08   #1
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Orders for the next five turns - starting 260 AD
Here is the place to put your orders for the next 5 turns.

There will probably be a turnchat Sunday, but it may be as early as Friday.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 17, 2002, 22:14   #2
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Orders of the SMC
General Order 1
move units that are injured on the persian front to willsbury for recovery
General Order 2
Please upgrade 1 horse, I would prefer it be horse in willsbury and then he can joins PPF(for 2 knights). If this upgraded knight can't reach the battle in time move him to willsbury and he can join the attack on persopolis coming from the west.
General Order 3
For defense of willsbury, first use mobile units in defense if enemy is on road then infantry.Otherwise use infantry
General Order 4
This might irritate people but STARVE Willsbury and all cities we take. Also make all available workers taxmen as much as possible(unless they need to be entertainers to prevent unrest). We need the gold and this will help on both accounts. Note this is an order too, since I am military governor of occupied cities till resistance ends. I want the cities to go to 1, that accomplishes 2 things, we can garrison with one unit and also lower the chance of culture flip and if there is a flip they will have a much smaller city.
General Order 5
If we get a GL, move him to safety. If we can REALISTICLY, get theology then I would like sistine chapel, if not save for an army or fp, we'll poll between turns.
General Order 6
For workers FIRST finish road then send them back to near geo to road a dye, they will be needed later for road improvements i think after this. This dye could be traded and thus give more money to upgrade. Once we have antioch I would like a road between it and willbury, but that is later.
General Order 7
The catapult can move once we have a road, if it can catch up with the main army, or it can stay and bombard potential attackers, either way it can move when the army moves toward Persopolis. If it says in willsbury don't move out to attack enemy units, in short fire fron the city out.
General Order 8
Please protect all stacks with pikemen if possible
General Order 9
All Troops on French front stay fortified

Specific Orders
260 AD
Pike in Uber n,n,ne
For force N of Willsbury
1 pike, 2 vet sword, 1elite sword move north
1 horse and 1vet sword s into willsbury
YES I know this leaves the workers unprotected, but no enemy can get there, if they do then put a pike over it(preferablely from willbury if it is not threatened). If the enemy can be killed with unit from willsbury, then use the elite unit to kill and cover than unit later with a pike.
If first unit can't win then use other sword (I really want to save horse for attacking units right outside of willsbury, so it can return at end of turn, but if the other 2 units fail use it.)
3/3 horse e of tyre skip turn to keep english settler stack from coming south
Fortify pike 2e of tyre
Catapult in Willsbury skip turn
Galley near uber isle sw,s,e

270 AD
Sword 2/4 3se of napolitan w
Pike 1s of geo e,e to Tyre fortify
WC on uber nw,nw
Galley near uber isle s,n(just to see if anything it can see.
Knight, sword, in Tyre e,e
Forces e,e of tyre and eee of tyre are hereby designated Persian Punishment Force PPF
They are all to skip their turns unless:
Have a 3/3 unit attack archer N of road if he hasn’t run away screaming in terror at our army or any other unit that appears on road or north of it.
Move 3/3 sword e,ne of tyre se
For horses in and near tyre there are 2 options either move them to willsburt(and if possible upgrade at willsbury) or use them to irritate the settler stack either way is good.
If persians threaten the worker stack put a pike over it(preferablely from willbury if it is not threatened). If the enemy can be killed with unit from willsbury, then use the elite unit to kill and cover than unit later with a pike.

280 AD
PPF moves to spot 2w of pasargadae
Sword (2/4) s,s,s
WC pops goodie Hut, if no barbarians it goes to which ever city it can help on uber isle, either as defense or police. If barbarians use discretion, but if surrounded and can’t attack a unit and be out of range go onto galley, if it can attack barbarian unit and end up out of range, by all means do it.
If no barbarians then Galley se and unload settler on uber at site F and begin trip to make the galley exchange again, if barbarians go nw,nw,n
If a unit then use unit same as WC
If a settler(best outcome) then settle where ever Ghengis desires

290 AD
Sword 1s of geo e,e to Tyre fortify
PPF moves e to hill overlooking Pasargadae

300 AD
PPF attacks, here’s how, knight(s) attacks 1st, then we use elite units to overwhelm them and get GL. Then attack with veterans and so one. I would prefer the reg attack archers in the open to get promotions.
After Pasargadae falls move troops with the following priorities.
1) Kill enemy in open
2) CUT the trade routes N, thus limiting there production even more
3) Proceed toward Persopolis and the Pyramids, all forces that will be involved can go this way from Pasargadae se,s
AFTER Pasargadae move troops from Willsbury e,e

310 AD
If Healed, Sword in tyre e,e
Rest troops of PPF that need it in Pasagadae, remaining forces from BOTH PPF and Willsbury(which should be about 1 now) move to attack Persopolis. When (6) offensive units are n of Persopolis, attack. This should not happen this turnchat, but at the beggining of next turnchat

Aggie

Last edited by Aggie; September 22, 2002 at 00:39.
Old September 17, 2002, 22:34   #3
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Hmmm. I'll have to see what OPD says. He is free Sunday and so I am which is why the Sunday date is planned. I will be there for support. I can do it Friday/Saturday/Sunday though.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 18, 2002, 00:15   #4
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:10
Public Works Orders
Final orders.

Note that I cannot attend the turn chat tomorrow night as I have a concert to attend. I leave any questions or decisions that need to be made up to OPD and the rest of the ministers. Pretty much follow the general plan. Clear jungle where possible, and connect any any cities to roads.

Regarding Uber Isle - I'm thinking of just letting that worker take off and start building a road around the whole coast.

Note: There is a fairly large worker stack near Willsbury that is being guarded by military units. This stack is currently under the control of Aggie, he will post orders regarding this stack.

Code:
Orders for 260 AD
  Current Turn Turn 1 Turn 2 Turn 3 Turn 4 Turn 5
Termina: Worker stack NW clearing jungle. Move NW Clear Jungle -- -- --
Tassagrad: Worker stack S waiting for orders. Move W Clear jungle -- -- --
Loveshack: Worker stack E clearing jungle. Done in 8 turns!!! -- -- -- -- --
Chiquita: Worker SE waiting for orders Move SE, mine mountain -- -- -- --
Macross City: Workers NE clearing jungle... 8 turns. -- -- -- -- --
Timeline: Worker stack S clearing Jungle Move NW Build Road -- If this is completed build road toward Thebes. Build road W towards Thebes
Gaia: Worker NE NE clearing jungle. Worker stack E waiting for orders. Move SW, Build irrigation Clear Jungle -- -- -- -- If irrigation is done, move NW, build irrigation -- -- --
A-G-C (UberIsle): Worker S, mining. -- -- Build road -- If road is done, move S, build road.
Willsbury: Worker stack SW, S waiting for orders. Another worker stack is N, these fall under command of Aggie until further notice. Move N Move W, W Build road towards Ubergorsk -- --

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Last edited by WhiteBandit; September 20, 2002 at 16:28.
Old September 18, 2002, 12:45   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 04:10
Orders to come friday night from me.

Request: We need lots of money to do both the upgrades that Aggie will be looking for as well as to keep our cities on track. Any help, ideas, suggestions, etc. in this regards is greatly appreciated. Think like this - one horsie to a knight costs 80 gold. WC cost more I think. We have 1 warrior, how many spears?, lots of horsies and WC, and will soon get gunpowder!!!!

We cannot keep updating our military and keep up with civil projects without a large influx of funds.

Can we sell chivilry? Do we consider our map? Think about this.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 18, 2002, 13:35   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:10
Sell Chivilry, they're gonna get it eventually anyway.

Have that settler found New Munich and trade those dyes for Lpt. He's been standing around on the wrong tile picking his nose for several turns now.
Old September 18, 2002, 15:24   #7
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 08:10
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Have that settler found New Munich and trade those dyes for Lpt. He's been standing around on the wrong tile picking his nose for several turns now.
GF appears to have "settler" issues.
Old September 18, 2002, 16:53   #8
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:10
Specific Orders:

THIS TURN!
Sell Monotheism to America for as much gold as possible, WM, and their worker.

NEXT TURN (270AD)
Renegotiate Peace with Germany (by clicking on the active trades, and then clicking on the peace treaty) for:
7LPT & 14 Lytons
this was moved back one turn after it was discovered that our peace runs out in TWO turns, not one.

NEXT TURN (280AD)
nothing

NEXT TURN (290AD)
nothing

NEXT TURN (300AD)
Sell Chivalry to Iriquois for max profit and WM.

General Orders:

Tech Trades:
If France or Babylon learn Theology or Engineering, trade them Chivalry (and cash if necessary) for it, so long as total cost is < 300.

Buy Theology or other tech if available and if the total cost is < 350 (including lpt deals). OK to include resources and luxuries in trades for techs.

Tech priority = Theology, Engineering, Invention.

Treaties:
Do not accept a peace treaty from Persia. We have shifted our goal to conquest.

Do not sign any ROPs or alliances.

Trades
Do not trade our World or Territory Maps.

Demands: (Give in only if demand is semi-reasonable)
E. Give in: Rome, Greece.
F. Refuse: England, Persia, Germany, France, Aztecs, America, Russia, Babylon, Iroquois.
* NOTE: Demands from charity civs can be accepted if they are small enough.
* NOTE: Do not give in to any demands that involve giving away our World or Territory Maps

Charities: (civs we don't mind giving good deals to in tech or trade)
G. Iroquois

All things left unstated in turnthreads/chats are for Presidential or Public decision. All things specified must be followed unless surprise events have made the orders illogical, harmful, or inappropriate. In that situation the President should end turnthread/chat if any major decision needs to be taken and no representative from the Ministry is present to make the decision. If only a minor decision, the President may use his discretion to change the orders so that they are logical, beneficial, and appropriate.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Last edited by Togas; September 21, 2002 at 20:38.
Old September 20, 2002, 12:45   #9
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Bump, this should be on front page
Aggie
Old September 20, 2002, 14:40   #10
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:10
Ok chat this sunday at 5 pm UK time.
Which I guess is 4 pm GMT
Which I guess is about 12 pm new york time
Which I guess is about 5 am new zeland time

This will be the first of the apoc, opd administration.

Turn up early if you want to discuss orders before they are made.

Last edited by OPD; September 20, 2002 at 15:54.
Old September 20, 2002, 15:53   #11
Aggie
King

I have posted my orders.
Aggie
Old September 20, 2002, 21:37   #12
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Putting together orders.

Aggie, sorry, I feel it is better to stick with the settler in poly for now. I will get you some more knights soon.

Will post the orders soon.

Only purchase request is that once funds are available, to purchase the courthouse in Del Monte.

--Con
Old September 20, 2002, 22:15   #13
GodKing
Emperor

City Planning Orders

General:
Grow means that the population is expected to grow, and the prez should double check to make sure the AI is working the most efficient tiles possible. In order of preference of this office, Shields, Food, then Money.
Del Monte – IF request to purchase Courthouse is approved start on a cathedral.
New Munich – IF constructed, warrior if available, else temple
Uber isle city #2 – IF constructed, harbor
Any other cities (such as from the goodie huts on uber) then defense or culture, as appropriate
We Need City Names. If you are a new minister, I will be starting a thread and could you please post your city names there. This includes all current and past judges. If you want to name a specific city, please indicate such as well (Chicago is taken).

Turn 0 (260 end)

A1 – Tassagrad – Worker
A2 – Cherbourg – Temple
A3 – Loveshack – work the mined tile near BHQ
A4 – Geofront – Pike
A5 – Willsbury – Temple

Turn 1

A1 – Tassagrad – Knight
A2 – Chiquita – Grow

Turn 2

A1 – Timeline – Cathedral
A2 – Seeberg – Grow

Turn 3

A1 – Termina – Library
A2-4 – Del Monte, Gaia & Macross – Grow

Turn 4

A1 – Apolyton – Aquaduct
A2 – Ubergorsk – Worker
A3-5 – Timeline, HII & AGC – Grow

Turn 5

A1 – Port Rouge – Library
A2 – Jerusalem – Library
A3 – Loveshack – An interesting thing may occur. If it grows prior to building the setter, then it should build a library. If it gives us the option of disbanding the city, do it and rebuild it one square to the NE (just above the existing road, on the river, with its bottom corner still a sea square to be able in the future to build sea power) and rebuild a temple. Of course, several ministers would have to agree to all of this, along with OPD our new Prez.

--Con
Old September 21, 2002, 01:05   #14
Reddawg
Prince

Economic Ministry:

this is the final budget unless there are any urgent arguments. a chart is including for graphical interpretation of the following orders:
IN ORDER OF PRECEDENCE:
1. A maximum of 80 cash is allotted to the SMC for the upgrading of a knight ASAP (i.e., as soon as 80 lytons have accumulated)
2. 27 gold is given to the City Planners to rush a courthouse in either Gaia, Macross City, Here It Is, or Del Monte. If this gold is not enough, money is guaranteed for the next turn chat.
3. 20 gold is granted to Foreign Ministry in the event of any need in negotiations.
4. 5 gold/turn is given to the SMC if needed.
5. 10gold/turn is alloted to the Foreign Ministry for any need in negotiations.
6. A minimum of 25gold/turn is to remain for accumulation in the treasury as surplus, as is a minimum of 60 gold cash.
7. The rates remain at 9/1/0

*note: in the event of any unexpected increases in gold, the amount allowed to any given party is to be based off the PERCENTAGES on the pie charts!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture 1.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	25100  
Old September 22, 2002, 00:41   #15
Aggie
King

I have done the final update of orders, main changes were clarifying defense of willsbury and ordering all troops on french front to stay put in cities.
Aggie
Old September 22, 2002, 06:51   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:10
Here are the city sites for Uber. Site F is first priority followed by B.

The settler above Loveshack needs to move 1 tile NW and found "New Munich" the revenue generated from trading those extra dyes is currently high priority.

Any other city site questions should be answered in the first post of the Ministry of Imperial Expansion Thread.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 22, 2002 at 07:00.