Old September 22, 2002, 11:56   #31
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Nevermind, I figured out where the file needed to go Thanks again
Old September 22, 2002, 17:01   #32
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 05:12
Here is where the file should go:

Call to Power\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\

if anyone esle is having the same problem.
I will send a e-mail to hex if he doenst post here soon.
-Jean Rostand
Old September 23, 2002, 06:16   #33
stankarp
staff
Age of Nations Team

Local Time: 08:12
Hi Pedrunn.

I'll have a go at the code for looting tile improvements but please be specific, say write one for me and I'll copy the rest.

BTW, what does ADG stand for?

thanks
Old September 23, 2002, 08:10   #34
Pedrunn
King

Terrain Improvements Possibilities
ADG is a user that was around a couple of days ago, And he asked for a code wich gives PW to a player that replace a cetain TI for another. You will find the code for it here:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=61781

About the code you asked, i have just finished it and is attached in this post. This is how you edit it:

You will find lines like that for every Craddle TI (these are for the maglevs and railroads as you see:

Code:
PEDRUNN_PILLAGED_IMPROVEMENT[] = TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_PASTURE);
PEDRUNN_PILLAGE_BONUS[] = 0;

PEDRUNN_PILLAGED_IMPROVEMENT[] = TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_FARMS);

PEDRUNN_PILLAGED_IMPROVEMENT[] = TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_ADVANCED_FARMS);

PEDRUNN_PILLAGED_IMPROVEMENT[] = TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_HYDROPONIC_FARMS);

PEDRUNN_PILLAGED_IMPROVEMENT[] = TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_TRADING_POST);
1) You need to fill for every one of this lines the bonus you want(PEDRUNN_PILLAGE_BONUS[]). Note that according to the lines is set to 0.
The cost in PW of the TI can be found in the CRA_tileimp.txt if you want some reference).

2) Give a growing number starting from 0 in the [].

It has to look like this:
Code:
PEDRUNN_PILLAGED_IMPROVEMENT[0] = TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_PASTURE);
PEDRUNN_PILLAGE_BONUS[0] = 10;

PEDRUNN_PILLAGED_IMPROVEMENT[1] = TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_FARMS);
PEDRUNN_PILLAGE_BONUS[1] = 20;

PEDRUNN_PILLAGED_IMPROVEMENT[2] = TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_ADVANCED_FARMS);
PEDRUNN_PILLAGE_BONUS[2] = 30;

PEDRUNN_PILLAGED_IMPROVEMENT[3] = TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_HYDROPONIC_FARMS);
PEDRUNN_PILLAGE_BONUS[3] = 40;

PEDRUNN_PILLAGED_IMPROVEMENT[4] = TerrainImprovementDB(TILEIMP_TRADING_POST);
PEDRUNN_PILLAGE_BONUS[4] = 50;
wich means pastures gives 10 PW, Farms give 20, adv farms 30, hydroponic farms 40 and trading posts 50.

Any question i am here.
I tested and it is working. You just have to work in these bonus

PS: J ByTheWay, you application is really useful
Any chance that it coudl fill the arrays for us
Would be another beig help.
Attached Files:
File Type: slc cra_pillagebonus.slc (3.9 KB, 4 views)
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; September 23, 2002 at 08:20.
Old September 23, 2002, 08:45   #35
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 09:12
Re: Terrain Improvements Possibilities
Quote:
Originally posted by Pedrunn
Possibly, and I've had another idea to make it more useful, too. Though to doo that I'd probably have to steal code from CTPEd (not that that's a bad thing).
Old September 23, 2002, 09:16   #36
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 03:12
Pedrunn,

Since there are several alterations that did need to be addressed for 1.33, email me any files you have altered and added. What I will do is rebundle my main download with the fixed files and give it the designation 1.331, and then bundle all the fixed files as a separate download, so people do not have to redownload the main file.

And if anyone else has any last-second suggestions/bug reports, post here ASAP.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
Hexagonia,
Thanks for a great mod. I've never got completely through a game yet cos a new version comes along so the old save is incompatable, however I've always enjoyed it.

I noticed that we often start with different techs. Is that a random thing or is it related to the civ we choose or is it a standard feature in all mods?
Here's hoping that 1.331 will allow you to finish a game.

The techs are random at the start of the game. Open CRA_diffDB.txt for a breakdown of which advances you have a chance of getting.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Last edited by hexagonian; September 23, 2002 at 09:23.
Old September 23, 2002, 11:41   #37
Pedrunn
King

I had some trouble attaching files in my e-mail so here is the file. I hope you dont mind.

Here are the fix:

City Expansion:

1) Correct version of the city expansion (version 2.2).

Wonders:
(IW, You did not answered me but i did it anyway)

2) Wonders TI will be created in the right after the wonder is built rather then next turn.

3) Subneural Ads (rational thought) is removed after a wonder is created rather than the player have it for a turn.

*_tileimp.txt:

4) ProductionTime of the wonders are set to 1 rather than 0 to support changes on the wonders code. I used the tileimp.txt's from the zip you attached in the Craddle Thread (thought to be the latest version).

PS: I had no time to test the wonder code changes so you should do it before making the new craddle update public. And IW may want to see it first.
- Pedrunn
Attached Files:
File Type: zip cra_fix.zip (40.5 KB, 7 views)
-Jean Rostand
Old September 23, 2002, 16:37   #38
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Local Time: 04:12
My hard drive died.

I just reinstalled everything--and I do mean everything--to get back up to Cradle 1.32 with Cradle 1.2 in reserve. Assume that I want to try 1.33(1) without screwing up the Succession Games. My assumption is that I need to create a second CTP2 directory in parallel to the first, duly patched and modded. Correct?
Old September 23, 2002, 16:54   #39
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Or unzip Cradle 1.33 elsewhere, make all the CRA_ prefixes into CRA33_ prefixes, and make it a different version of Cradle, then drag it all back into the correct folder structure again.

Pedrunn, why does the production time need to be 1?
Old September 23, 2002, 17:00   #40
Pedrunn
King

because while i was testing if production times was 0 it was only placed finished in the next turn. Didnt you experienced that?

With ProductionTime as 1. it is placed in the same turn and gets finished through slic.
-Jean Rostand
Old September 23, 2002, 17:13   #41
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Didnt you experienced that?
I did, I figured ProductionTime=1 would be the same. *shrug*
Old September 23, 2002, 17:44   #42
Pedrunn
King

Yet the function finish improvements dont work below the CreateImprovement (actually from my experience i do belive nothing works below this event

So i had to create a whole new event handler to finish those.
-Jean Rostand
Old September 23, 2002, 17:50   #43
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Pedrunn or Wombat

I'm getting a syntax error (line 356) in the revised CRA_wonders.slc file. Everything else is OK. Pedrunn, what did you change in that file?

Also, is there a way to disable the City Expansion SLIC whan a player builds a settler/nomad? Somehow, I do not think that a player should be penalized with a bad tile because he built a settler/nomad. I've noticed that when a player gets back up to 6, the bad tile is not replaced - but he gets another suburb tile.

This ends up being a double penalty for growth.

Having a Expansion tile ruined by war is a different story though.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
Old September 23, 2002, 18:20   #44
Pedrunn
King

No matter how much you reevise it. those syntax errors just keep coming.

I did exacly what i have post before. Here is the same zip with the fixed wonder code and city expansion without the ruins from building settler.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip cra_fix.zip (37.7 KB, 12 views)
-Jean Rostand
Old September 24, 2002, 00:01   #45
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 20:12
Hexagonia,

I would like the option to be able to play with or without the city expansion code. Is this possible please (perhaps another choice or two on the modswapper list)?
Old September 24, 2002, 04:03   #46
stankarp
staff
Age of Nations Team

Hi David (aka Hexagonia)

Any chance of modifying the frenzy mode to make an AI more responsive to bribes and threats, particularly if it is weaker than you or just lost a large city or army?
Old September 24, 2002, 10:10   #47
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Pedrunn,

Thanks, the files worked fine - anyone wanting to temporarily update 1.33 can use his files that he attached to this thread. I will bundle everything up and post it in a few days as a official update (so there will be some time to catch any other problems) I will also add a Modswapper setup without City Expansion (using the standard 1.33 files) If you want all the other Cradle options without City Expansion, you will have to do the fix on your setup.

RE: Frenzy
The basis of Frenzy is when the AI reaches a certain level of hate, it will send troops against the human player. Cradle has settings that allow the AI to focus more on attacking the human player too (not related to the Frenzy code). This is by design, because I wanted an AI that countered my own playing style (peaceful, somewhat isolationistic builder)

Frenzy is an imperfect solution to this whole issue of human/AI relations - I had been asking for an alternative to the code, but no-one has been able to get it to work yet.
Old September 24, 2002, 17:51   #48
stankarp
staff
Age of Nations Team

Hi Hex,

I thought you could achieve it by changing some of the values. There must be value attached to existing proposals such as give map, gold, city, advance. I dont know if there is a value set for loosing a stack but there must also be one for loosing a city because the readme says this raises hate level. Couldnt we access the values and simply raise them so loosing a city and getting a map has an impact. At the moment, once the AI reaches critical hate level, there appears to be no other solution but to wipe it out. Holding reception could also be worth more.

It seems to me if the values were simply changed, then you would end up with a situation where an AI who is hammered would accept a peace proposal for a while, but would go back on the war path once you became aggressive again.
Old September 24, 2002, 21:54   #49
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Actually, in my last game, this very thing did happen...

I was fighting a two front war with the Minoans and the Romans. Rome was the big threat, and they were marching a ton of units against me. Minoa was weaker than me, but I didn't have the forces that I needed to wipe them out and at the same time defend against Rome. So I hammered Minoa a bit, offered them peace, and was able to focus on Rome. The suprising thing was that Minoa actually kept the peace for a long time and I was able to work up several tech deals with them - eventually they did attack me again. Of course I neglected my borders with them, but this was because they were very peaceful for such a long time...

BTW, this was at about 500-600 turns into the game, so the game and the AIs were fully established.

What I picked up from that encounter was that it is better to deal from a position of strength. The AI does have more respect for strength, and will usually bow when threatened. If you are weaker than the AI, it will treat you with arrogance, and it is easier for the AI in that situation to even ignore good relations. (This is actually historical too - more so in the past)

Part of the problem is that I do not want a lovie-dovie AI, because this then becomes an easily-exploited AI.

What you may want to take a look at is the CRA_civilsation.txt file to see what each civ has for a personality, and then look at the CRA_pesonalities.txt file to see how those personalities work themselves out. Cetain civs are more prone to aggressiveness than others. You can customize those settings on your setup and see what happens.

I do know that you can adjust the hate level higher or lower in the SLIC file, and there are probably numbers somewhere that set what each action creates in hate level points, though I do not think it is part of that SLIC file.
Old September 25, 2002, 11:22   #50
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Quick question

Does this last update include both visible wonders and city expansion

Does it include Advance after capture code ??
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old September 25, 2002, 11:58   #51
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:12
Quote:
Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
Quick question

1. Does this last update include both visible wonders and city expansion?

2. Does it include Advance after capture code ??
1. Yes and Yes

2. No (at least I don't think so)

Old September 25, 2002, 13:36   #52
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

cheers wittlich, download time me thinks

Ill add advance capture thingie myself and make it 25% chance as in C:CtP
Old September 25, 2002, 13:47   #53
Pedrunn
King

SMIFFGIG, It is already. I changed after your comment in that thread
-Jean Rostand
Old September 25, 2002, 13:51   #54
SMIFFGIG
Prince

oh right cool
Old September 25, 2002, 14:27   #55
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Well, I guess I can announce that the discussed fixes are at my site...

Download here

The designation for Cradle will now be 1.33a - and all Modswapper versions will have 1.33a as part of the name.

These fixes are only for the Visible Wonders and City Expansion SLICs. There is also a new 1.33a version without City Expansion.

As for any additional SLICS, I'm going to hold off on adding them for the moment, but I will urge players to add whatever SLICS they want to add to their own setup - at the same time, I ask that players report back on how those SLICS are doing in a gameplay situation. The same for the new SLICs in Cradle 1.33a...

Players may want to make a personal Modswapper setup with these new SLICS, especially for multiplay or Succession games.

To do so, duplicate one of the (CRA..._)gamefile.txt files and rename it with a prefix of your choosing. Open that file and see which (CRA..._)script.slc file is listed. Duplicate that (CRA..._)script.slc file file and also rename it - and rename that entry within your new (CRA..._)gamefile.txt

Place the new SLIC file in the ctp2_data/default/gamedata folder, then open up your new (..._)script.slc file and at the bottom of the file add an entry for your new SLIC. (Follow the example of the other entries.)

If the SLIC is more complex (for instance, it uses a str_txt file or also alters a text file), I leave it to the SLIC creator to fill you in on that aspect

If there is a lot of positive feedback for a SLIC, I will officially update Cradle with it.

Last edited by hexagonian; September 25, 2002 at 14:35.
Old September 25, 2002, 16:51   #56
SMIFFGIG
Prince

I really want to play your mod now modswapper is working for me....... but when i installed that patch 1.33a i get errors in CRA_tileimp.txt finilizing with a Init Database error or something

before i installed that patch i managed to get all the way to the selecting my civ screen however i didnt bother starting a game cause i wanted to update, im sure it would of worked

anyway please can you tell me whats wrong
Old September 25, 2002, 17:09   #57
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 10:12
SMIFFGIG could you give us an error message, so that we don't have to guess. OK my guess is that it has something to do with strings, so the string database might be now not OK.

-Martin
Old September 25, 2002, 17:16   #58
SMIFFGIG
Prince

Martin you know your stuff

It gets just over half way loading then says the following

CRA_tileimp.txt:2786: Expected string ID

CRA_tileimp.txt:2786: Warning: required field Statusbar missing

CRA_tileimp.txt:2786: Warning: required field Level missing

Unable to Init the Databases.

And thats it
Old September 25, 2002, 17:26   #59
SMIFFGIG
Prince

Pedrunn i just downloaded ur Advance from city capture and it says its 50% chance at the top of the SLIC file, have u just forgot to change it or something ???
Old September 25, 2002, 17:28   #60
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Re: Terrain Improvements Possibilities
Note that this quote is from a lot of posts ago:

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedrunn
I have arranged this (more or less). See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=62876

Last edited by J Bytheway; September 25, 2002 at 17:38.