Old September 28, 2002, 21:45   #91
stankarp
staff
Age of Nations Team

Local Time: 08:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Zaphod,

Was the crash between turns 35 and 40?

I have had a problem with Cradle crashing in several games at about that time after I loaded 1.3. Reloading slic from editor was what did it for me. But check ctp2/ctp2 date/ctp/userprofile.text and make sure deblug.slic is No.
Old September 28, 2002, 21:49   #92
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 09:12
no much later, can't look it up now, because i have another game running

as i mentioned relaodslic doesn't help and of course debugslic was set to no
Old September 28, 2002, 21:52   #93
stankarp
staff
Age of Nations Team

Sorry Zaphon, I meant that reload.slic from editor fixed for me(last message not very clear)
Old September 29, 2002, 04:46   #94
Peter Triggs
CTP2 Source Code ProjectCivilization IV Creators
King

stankarp,

NewDiplomod should be compatible with Cradle 1.33, but I haven't looked at it in months. If you install it, any bug reports/ comments/ suggestions would be appreciated.
Old September 29, 2002, 05:45   #95
Pedrunn
King

Local Time: 05:12
Something that may be worth telling.

I had a couple slics to move AI units through slic like the frenzy AI and the Martin's Better AI. And here what i found out.
If a slic makes a unit moves to a direction and another slic makes it move to another direction the game crashs without warnig. Therefore you need to be careful to have several codes that moves units like the BetterAI or the frenzy code.

Hex, did you get my e-mail with the file you requested?
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; September 29, 2002 at 05:58.
Old September 30, 2002, 09:57   #96
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 03:12
Quote:
Originally posted by stankarp
...The AI likes to bring the militia out of cities some times which means if U know there is militia in a stack, they can't charge down roads to attack U.
Actually, this is one of the main reasons why I consider this a bug that needs to be fixed - and more so in the early game. Militias were put into Cradle to help the AI set up an early defense against the human player. Although a player can launch an early invasion against the AI, it will be a little more costly to do so because of the stronger defense. (If you notice, the Militia Spearman has stronger stats that the normal Spearman.)

Plus, (and this is the most important reason), Militias provide a garrison unit to the AI to quell slave rebellions. This is critical in the early game, as many of the AI civs will beeline to slavery and start collecting slaves, so there needs to be garrison units in cities at that time. I do have a higher priority for garrison units, but this is offset by Frenzy and the early game focus on Exploration/Expansion. A city that revolts in the early game is a bad thing because it is more cripppling at that time. When a city has 20-30 cities, it can absorb the loss, but if it only has 3 cities, that is 33% of its empire. So I need to have those militias stay in place...

(BTW, this is one of the reasons why gigantic maps with no more than 8 civs makes for the best game, because it allows the AI some time to get itself established.)

Peter's Diplomod should be compatible with Cradle, but I do not know how it will work within Cradle. There were imbalances with the code when Peter first gave me the files, but he may have a better version available.

Pedrunn
Congrats on hitting 1000.

Cradle contains the update you sent on September 23.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old September 30, 2002, 10:45   #97
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
Cradle contains the update you sent on September 23.
I e-mailed you a new one wich make possible the creationof roads in cities. As you asked me a couple days ago. Didnt you received?

Quote:
Pedrunn
Congrats on hitting 1000.
Thanks
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; September 30, 2002 at 10:51.
Old September 30, 2002, 12:54   #98
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedrunn
I e-mailed you a new one wich make possible the creationof roads in cities. As you asked me a couple days ago. Didnt you received?
Yeah, I have it. I wasn't online too much this weekend though, so I didn't do anything with it. I have a request into Locutus to try and fix the militia movement in CRA_partisan.slc, so when I get that file, I will bundle everything up into a single download and switch the file designation to 1.33b I also have some reported game crashes, which I'm stumped on...

There is also the issue regarding the bonuses on GoodMod no longer appearing when using City Expansion (reported by Zaphod). Could you look into this too?
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
Old September 30, 2002, 13:08   #99
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Since this was one of the last versions I thought I would report this bug I got

It appeared in the messges area but there was no popup messagebox for it, what it says doesnt make sence. Also I got a technology by diplomacy (exchanged it) and it came up with the upgrade screen. It said something like

"There are 00 units pleading for new technology it will cost a total of 0 gold"
When actually i had spearman wanting to be upgraded, I chose view the unit option and the box dissapeared and none of my spearman upgraded????
Oh yea I got one city that got 2 city expansions outside of it when it was only a size 6, which i didnt mind but just seems weird.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.bmp
Views:	4
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	25951  
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old September 30, 2002, 13:31   #100
Pedrunn
King

The attachment showed a test message from the IW natural disaster code. It should have been removed. It is a left over.

Crazy things happen with the Peter Triggs unit updater. Hexagonian, I have a unit updater that upgrade units when an army entrench inside a city (you could also create a new order for it if you prefer. Do you want it?

It was two alive cities, or one dead and one alive city?

Hexagonia, i found the incompability with the cityX and the goods.
Since my code seems to be more instable I would like to ask martin if he could make the grantAdvance function be in the same event handler as the CreateImprovement rather than different ones. This will solve the problem.
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; September 30, 2002 at 13:43.
Old September 30, 2002, 14:39   #101
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 10:12
Quote:
Since my code seems to be more instable I would like to ask martin if he could make the grantAdvance function be in the same event handler as the CreateImprovement rather than different ones. This will solve the problem.
This wouldn't work, either. Actual the CreateImprovement event that creates the help tile improvement is in the same event handler like the GrantAdvance event. So you have to make shure that your code won't remove subneural ads on the first two turns.

-Martin
Old September 30, 2002, 20:40   #102
Zaphod Beeblebrox
King

i'd really like to have your updater code pedrunn, regardless if it will become an "official" part of cradle or not since i'm always having trouble with the current updater, it only rarely does what it was meant to do though i really don't why (had a lot of hours looking through that code and tinkering a little around without succes, well at least i begint to learn some slic this way)
Old September 30, 2002, 20:58   #103
Pedrunn
King

This is madness. There are too many cradle options/ files to replace. Lets wait him to set the file to the Craddle options.
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; September 30, 2002 at 21:16.
Old September 30, 2002, 21:17   #104
Pedrunn
King

Hex, Here is the code and the messages neede for it
Attached Files:
File Type: zip newupdater.zip (6.1 KB, 9 views)
-Jean Rostand
Old October 1, 2002, 06:09   #105
Zaphod Beeblebrox
King

noticed another incompability:
the seaside town (size7) which just had 2 landsquares in the inner circle, both with citytiles on it (nomad got ready while the city was size 6) was building lighthouse of alexandria.
put the ti into one of those cities which turned dead (terraininfo stating the lighthouse, dead city was only visible), the next turn the lihghouse dissappeared and was replaced completely by the dead city
Old October 1, 2002, 10:21   #106
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
the seaside town (size7) which just had 2 landsquares in the inner circle, both with citytiles on it (nomad got ready while the city was size 6) was building lighthouse of alexandria.
Just checked. It isnt a imcompatiblity but a setting up mistake.
Take a look at the part of the code where a location is checked to see if there is a wonder.

I forgot the pharol of alexandria and wrote the hanging garden in its place thererefor the hanging garden is written twice.
I will give Hexagonia the fix for it and for the good bonus imcompatibility.
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; October 1, 2002 at 10:27.
Old October 1, 2002, 10:23   #107
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
put the ti into one of those cities which turned dead (terraininfo stating the lighthouse, dead city was only visible), the next turn the lihghouse dissappeared and was replaced completely by the dead city
Actually, I think that the easiest fix would be if you're playing with the Visible Wonders, don't play with the City Expansion option....
Old October 1, 2002, 10:30   #108
Zaphod Beeblebrox
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich

Actually, I think that the easiest fix would be if you're playing with the Visible Wonders, don't play with the City Expansion option....
nope the easiest fix would be to reinstall sid meier's civilization (1)
who really wants all those extra stuff evil pr-men like pedrunn or hex add just add to the games to make us spend our hard-earned money?
Old October 1, 2002, 11:14   #109
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
This wouldn't work, either. Actual the CreateImprovement event that creates the help tile improvement is in the same event handler like the GrantAdvance event. So you have to make shure that your code won't remove subneural ads on the first two turns.
What happens is that you grant the player with subneural ads in a beginTurn pre and the TI are created in the BeginTurn post. And my code removes the subneural ad in the BeginTurn pre. There fore you dont have subneural ads in the BeginTurn post so the TI cant be created. I also noticed that the visi wonders are incompatible too. I fixed by chaning the BeginTurn event of both code by a EndTurn event.

So here is the latest codes. With Alexnadria Pharol bug fixed.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip cra_fix2.zip (7.6 KB, 9 views)
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; October 1, 2002 at 11:29.
Old October 1, 2002, 17:42   #110
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

...still not working with GoodMod.slc. The code launches ok, but there are no bonuses on the goods.
Old October 1, 2002, 18:28   #111
stankarp
staff
Age of Nations Team

Hey Zaphod, take it easy. Cradle cost you nothing and people like Hex and Pedrunn are spendign their time free of charge to make it better.

I have not played a game that was not shipped without some bugs and a lot have major bugs which make them really unplayable or no fun which means they must use dickheads for playtesting.

Hats off to Hex and Pedrunn and others who have turned CTP2 into an epic
Old October 1, 2002, 18:56   #112
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
Hey Zaphod, take it easy. Cradle cost you nothing and people like Hex and Pedrunn are spendign their time free of charge to make it better.
Wasnt him complementing us by ironicly responding Wittlich ?

Quote:
Hats off to Hex and Pedrunn and others who have turned CTP2 into an epic
Anyway, thanks! We do feel great with this kind of comment
Quote:
...still not working with GoodMod.slc. The code launches ok, but there are no bonuses on the goods.
Attempt 1: failed.
Attempt 2: Martin code grants the advance once and make several TI creation. And my code only makes possible one of these creation them remove subneural ads what make the others creations impossible. I will try this hypotesis later
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; October 1, 2002 at 19:06.
Old October 1, 2002, 19:15   #113
Zaphod Beeblebrox
King

Quote:

Wasnt him complementing us by ironicly responding Wittlich ?

later
yes, he was.
and thanks to all who make ctp2 such a great game
Old October 1, 2002, 20:08   #114
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Nah, I wasn't offended by Zaphod's comments. The winky was there...

Anyhow, I have temporarily pulled 1.33 and 1.33a off my site, as I'm not happy with the way it is working. Many players do not spend a lot of time here, so they are not aware of the problems that occur, so when they play and the game does things that it not supposed to do, then they will get frustrated. Can't say that I blame them either...

As it stands now, 1.32 is the recommended way to go, if you want to play a more stable game. The one thing I do want fixed in 1.32 is the Militia movement problem associated with CRA_partisan.slc, so all a player has to do is go into the (CRA)_script.slc files and turn that SLIC off.

And there is an option in 1.33a that will allow players to play without the city expansion code.

Perdrunn, could you do a short playtest with your coding to check for the current problems/issues before posting the file. Thanks for the work.

Dave
Old October 1, 2002, 20:11   #115
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:12
Yes, I too took Zaphod's post as a tongue-in-cheek comment - as it was meant to be.
Old October 1, 2002, 21:59   #116
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
Anyhow, I have temporarily pulled 1.33 and 1.33a off my site, as I'm not happy with the way it is working.
I would do the same!
-Jean Rostand
Old October 2, 2002, 01:52   #117
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 20:12
How is it possible for me to go back to 1.32?

Or can I just play the game with the city expansion slic disabled? Is that where all the problems lie?
Old October 2, 2002, 10:55   #118
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

As it stands now, there are two problem areas in 1.33 - City Expansion and the Militia movement bug caused by CRA_Partisans.slc.

City Expansion is only in 1.33 - and there was an option in 1.33a that does allow you to play without that code, so you can use that setup if you do have 1.33a already on your system.

CRA_Partisans.slc has been a part of Cradle since 1.31 though.

The recommended route is to go back to 1.32 (download at my site) and unzip over your existing setup. This will overwrite all the 1.33 files and revert you back to 1.32. Then you can go into the (CRA..._script.slc) files and change the entry

#include "CRA_Partisans.slc"
to
// #include "CRA_Partisans.slc"

This will shut off that SLIC code
Old October 2, 2002, 11:17   #119
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 10:12
Quote:
Attempt 2: Martin code grants the advance once and make several TI creation. And my code only makes possible one of these creation them remove subneural ads what make the others creations impossible. I will try this hypotesis later
Actual I have to parts in my code on the one hand the part that improves all the goods on the first turns on the other hand I have the good restoration code after pillage that gives the advance and the it is removed after the creation of the improvement, but this part of the code is disabled on the first turns. So the conclusion is to disable your RemoveSubneuralAds triggers on the first turns, too. Or just outcomment this part of the code for Goods.slc compartible versions. I did the second conclusion, because it was easier.

-Martin
Attached Files:
File Type: zip cra_fix3.zip (7.7 KB, 3 views)
Old October 14, 2002, 15:10   #120
ahenobarb
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Dale

Ummm....... you do know that means "a random number between 0 and 4", a 5 number roll? If you want 25%, use Random(3).
I found a proof of this that settles the question for good (Asif you guys had any doubt ). In the AG_func.slc (for Alex the Great scenario), there is a line that says:

Code:
if (Random(5) > 1) {			// 60% chance of Warrior, 40% chance of Horseman
Straight from the mouth of Alexander's Horse.