Old September 18, 2002, 20:10   #1
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 03:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official: Budget
Well my last thread didn't go over too well, maybe it wasn't divisive enough. But here is my budget proposal. Before negotiations start, let me explain a bit. First, the facts:
The budgets will be used as a simple means of communicating to the president all the financial matters that will be turned out in one turnchat/thread, via two simple pie charts! Clever, right? But because the fact that ministers will be planning for three days, the budgets will be continuously edited, as required and approved by the ministers, until they are final. The top post of this thread will contain simply the base proposal; subsequent changes will be posted below, etc. One last thing: it's impossible to calculate (ahead of time) EXACTLY how much money will be made over 5 turns, thus I assume that the rate will stay as they are at the beginning of each turnchat/thread. Make enough sense? Ask me questions if it doesn't.

Without further ado, here are the budgets for both per/turn usage and hard cash usage, beginning 260 AD.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture 1.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	24803  
Old September 18, 2002, 20:12   #2
Reddawg
Prince

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, why the surpluses?! well I'll briefly explain that. More than half of Apolyton's corruption is caused in just FOUR of it's cities (see the Economic Report thread) and I intend to petition the City Planner to build courthouses there. If not build, then rush, hence the surplus.
Old September 18, 2002, 21:13   #3
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Here is my wishlist. For the next 5 turns.
Need:
1 horse to knight 80L, this is the bare minimum
Would Like :
1Pike to spear 20L(Napolitan or HII)
Thats it I'm reasonable
If money was left over due to trades
1 horse to Knight 80L
I am reasonable but so you know my long term plans these are my total dreams for upgrades.
All Horse and 1 Chariot to Knight this will coast 320L
But a 5 knight force could run roughshod over persia real quick and the quicker that war is over the quicker we can shift the money slider closer to butter than bombs.
All French Front spears to pike 40L
Warrior in France to Sword 40
So a grand total of 400 for all upgrades. I know we won't have the money the next 5 turns but I would like all these within 20 turns. This is only slightly less than 50% of our profit per turn over the next 20 turns 40*20=800, truly we will be getting a bargain. Also this allows 400 for city projects(courthouses,marketplaces etc.)
Aggie
Old September 18, 2002, 21:20   #4
Reddawg
Prince

((seditious grin))

I'll update the budget once more ministers have responded.
Old September 18, 2002, 21:52   #5
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Reddawg in return for your aid, I'm sure we could arrange for some "corruption" to make its way to your off shore occounts
Aggie
Old September 19, 2002, 00:03   #6
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:14
As for The Ministry, we have a somewhat unique system. We like to have surplus money around just in case a good tech sale is available and we often require large sums to make signifigant purchases.

However, the current going rate for Theology and Engineering is just way too much to ask the treasury to bear ... and we're currently cyphering off 6 LPT for the next 18 turns or so to pay for Chivalry. So for the next turnchat we will try to devote the remnants of our budget to City improvement (rushing projects like courthouses to corrupt cities).

Hopefully this will lead to larger budgets in the future.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 19, 2002, 07:39   #7
Reddawg
Prince

Togas, I think we understand eachother ;-)
Aggie, I'll see what I can do. I still need to here from the City Planner.
Old September 19, 2002, 09:36   #8
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 04:14
That pie chart doesn't mean you're cutting the science budget, does it?

I see a Science: 0%. That does not refer to the actual domestic advisor rate, hmmm?

Last edited by Thud; September 19, 2002 at 10:41.
Old September 19, 2002, 12:03   #9
Reddawg
Prince

No, I'm not cutting science, the pie chart only shows increases over what's already being used. So science will hold at 10% (I checked, any increases at this time would be ineffective).
Old September 19, 2002, 12:26   #10
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Yeah, I know. I kinda thought that that was budget growth, just wasn't sure. Actually, if you went up to 100% it would decrease by 1 turn
Old September 20, 2002, 12:23   #11
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 10:14
hi ,

we need to spend a bit more money , ...... we should spend up to 50% of the budget , .....

have a nice day
Old September 20, 2002, 12:38   #12
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Posting orders later tonight. WIll come up with money request at that time. At work now...... later.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 20, 2002, 12:53   #13
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 10:14
hi ,

a long time ago , in the first term , there where something like excell tables that showed all the money settings , like how much money with the slider at this or that , ....

could someone please reintroduce those , ....?

have a nice day