Old September 26, 2002, 03:56   #31
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 08:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
There aren't enough people running.....Most of you wont be getting to spectacular coverege in the CNN
Old September 26, 2002, 06:18   #32
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

the nominations are closed IF you still want to run for office please PM me and IF it is for i start the polls i will add you thats all !!

AT DBTS
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 26, 2002, 07:32   #33
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:18
Since when is 1130 = 1230?!?!?!?!??!?!

Stuff it then. I'm sure I shouldn't be nominating myself ANYway.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 26, 2002, 10:27   #34
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

because i couldnt be at a CPU then I AM SORRY and sorry if i UPset YOU.

Last edited by DeathByTheSword; September 26, 2002 at 10:49.
Old September 26, 2002, 10:45   #35
DeathByTheSword
King

ok problem.....we dont have a alpha talent........not that i have much to do right now but still anyone up for the job?
Old September 26, 2002, 11:23   #36
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

I nominate MrWhereItsAt for Alpha Talent. If he wants the job, that is.
Old September 26, 2002, 16:03   #37
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Thanks, lucky, but AT is one job I can't do for a few weeks. I must respectfully decline.

DBTS - no worries, it's just my mood at the moment. Next time though why couldn't we let the nominations period run its full course and close a few hours late? From my experience as a physics/maths marker/demonstrator, I know that there will usually be a rush of people handing in either dead on time or barely an hour late, so a little extra time is helpful for them. And where's the harm?

I will try to get myself in to the D of PO election, which is what I wanted to try before.

Old September 26, 2002, 16:06   #38
DeathByTheSword
King

do you still want in? because then i will start the poll over or you can be the write-in option...... because some problem at home i had to start the elections today and had to rush everthing sorry for that guys
Old September 26, 2002, 16:06   #39
Diablero
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:18
I'll stand for Alpha Talent, even though it's too late.

Please understand that although I havn't been around much in the past week, I'll be getting a cable modem next week and will be much more available.

"The universe is wider than our views
of it" -Henry David Thoreau
Old September 26, 2002, 16:09   #40
DeathByTheSword
King

@Diablero we will 3 days before i start that election, so that everone gets a change ok? then the elected will begin some days later but that doesnt matter I hope! ok?
Old September 26, 2002, 16:16   #41
Diablero
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:18
OK

"The universe is wider than our views
of it" -Henry David Thoreau
Old September 28, 2002, 13:22   #42
DeathByTheSword
King

I got Diablero for AT

anyone else?

IF not i will start a election on that tommorrow of 2 days if that is ok!
Old September 28, 2002, 15:07   #43
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:18
just a question: if someone loses their election, are they allowed to run for AT (or DoSE if abstain wins for that matter)?
Old September 28, 2002, 18:56   #44
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 19:18
I don't know...it's a good question.

I'd say only if there were no other candidates.
Old September 29, 2002, 05:37   #45
DeathByTheSword
King

that ok by me we can do this every time first commissioner and so on and afterward AT so that we get a large election for AT what do you all think?
Old September 29, 2002, 06:29   #46
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
that ok by me we can do this every time first commissioner and so on and afterward AT so that we get a large election for AT what do you all think?
If you want to elect the Alpha Talent with the other positions, you have my complete support. I actually proposed this some time ago.

However, if you want to elect the Alpha Talent later on, I must decline. It's important we have our new administration ready to take over powers, rather than a three-day delay for no reason.
Old September 29, 2002, 06:33   #47
DeathByTheSword
King

yes but because the AT is more of a sleeping position only acting on certain moments I think we can do 3 days without it and it will let us allways have a position for AT covered because some people want to get in the government no matter what and the AT has some power
Old September 29, 2002, 06:38   #48
DeathByTheSword
King

ONLY 4 hours remaining (or something like that) for the end of the election!
Old September 29, 2002, 07:06   #49
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
yes but because the AT is more of a sleeping position only acting on certain moments I think we can do 3 days without it and it will let us allways have a position for AT covered because some people want to get in the government no matter what and the AT has some power
I just don't think it's necessary.

I think we should either keep going on as we do now, with the AT only being voted on if there is an uncontested vote for Commissioner, OR change the system, elect the AT along with all the other positions, like the C3DG. With the second option, you get the most competent AT - someone who actually wants the job from the beginning, and isn't taking it because they missed out on Commissioner, or missed on a Directorship and want something to do. This is what allowed Unorthodox to do such a fine job in his couple of terms as Vice-President of the C3DG - he was there because he wanted to be there.
Old September 29, 2002, 10:50   #50
DeathByTheSword
King

all right by me......oh yes the polls are starting to close people if you want to vote do it NOW!
Old September 29, 2002, 10:59   #51
DeathByTheSword
King

STILL LOOKING FOR AT CANDIDATES YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL TOMMOROW 17.00 GMT after that elections will start:

candidates:
Diablero
Old September 29, 2002, 12:15   #52
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Hmm.... is there really much point in me considering standing for AT?

Old September 29, 2002, 12:17   #53
DeathByTheSword
King

well yes but not if you stand for DoSE too. WE need AT that want the job that it thru so if you want to be AT please say so...
Old September 30, 2002, 13:51   #54
DeathByTheSword
King

ok i have put in MWIA as DoSE candidate if he WANTS to run for AT he have to tell me here. other wise i want to ask everone if it is ok if we skip the election for AT and just make Diablero the AT but only if MWIA doesnt want to become the AT and everone is ok with that!?
Old September 30, 2002, 15:06   #55
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Quote:
ok i have put in MWIA as DoSE candidate if he WANTS to run for AT he have to tell me here. other wise i want to ask everone if it is ok if we skip the election for AT and just make Diablero the AT but only if MWIA doesnt want to become the AT and everone is ok with that!?
That sounds pretty reasonable... it puts the onus on MWIA to make his will known. It is up to him whether there is a point or not to stand for AT.
Old September 30, 2002, 16:18   #56
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Alrighty. I will just go for DoSE then, as althoough I expect DBTS to be around the whole time (I think you like the PC increase, eh DBTS? ), I could not actually do Commish for a week and a half, so that makes me less of a worthy AT.

Old October 1, 2002, 09:51   #57
DeathByTheSword
King

ok then it is settled i just have to here for Diablero and he will be the AT