Old September 21, 2002, 17:46   #1
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Discussion Thread 260ad
Save at bottom (usually)

General report
Current Report (Originally posted by MWIA)
170 AD-260 AD Summary (preceding the boring full report)

Enemy units lost

Archers:7
Spearmen:2

Enemy units captured
Catapults: 1 (Gordium)
Workers (SLAVES, dammit!): 3 Persian (3 Gordium)

Friendly unit losses
Swordmen: 1

Cities gained
City between Timeline and Rheims (settler from Port Rouge - just edging out France!) - to be renamed
Gordium (Persian - we CONQUERED it. )

Settler ready to found city at "New Munich", from Banana HQ

We build Sun Tzu's in Ubergorsk with Ramses.

Trades made
Wines to France: 230 AD for 19L and WM
Chivalry from Rome: 230 AD 6LPT, 130L and one worker

Persia offering for peace

Theology or Engineering + 24L (all their gold) +7LPT OR
Sardis + 24L + 7LPT OR
Sidon + 6L + 3LPT.

Things going really well. We've come a long way in MWIA's term. I hope to do the same but my main goal at the moment is not letting anyone down. Although we are a great team of minister, better than any previous one IMHO. The people expect and we must deliver...etc.

any feedback on the reports thread please tell meif I messed anything up or forgot anything important.

It's a bit late now but if you have any comments on the current save post here too.

I'm planning on one of these after the turns are played for instant reactions or discusions before they spill into their own threads. Or just talking about thow the game is going etc.

Last edited by OPD; September 21, 2002 at 18:05.
Old September 21, 2002, 19:16   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:22
I have to say I like the thread with no reples, I wanted to impliment that last term, but was persuaded to leave it the way we did. However, I take objection at editing in the first report to the top post. A link to te proper one should suffice. This objection is based on a bad personal experience with having information removed after being posted, and some heated...discussion...following that. This is the last I will say on the matter. I will be watching to see if that happens again, though I do not believe it will be a problem with the current administration.

Also there are some who have exressed trouble with obtaining saves from edited posts, so you may want to keep a cop later in th thread as well. I would also like the older reports archived in that thread, not deleted.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 21, 2002, 19:25   #3
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:22
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I have to say I like the thread with no reples, I wanted to impliment that last term, but was persuaded to leave it the way we did. However, I take objection at editing in the first report to the top post. A link to te proper one should suffice. This objection is based on a bad personal experience with having information removed after being posted, and some heated...discussion...following that. This is the last I will say on the matter. I will be watching to see if that happens again, though I do not believe it will be a problem with the current administration.
hmmmn you're not giving me much to go on here so I'm more puzzled or intriuged than anything else perhaps an informative pm. I suppose we'll see how it goes but I can't see us losing any reports

Also there are some who have exressed trouble with obtaining saves from edited posts, so you may want to keep a cop later in th thread as well.
A copy of the save and a copy of the report will also be avaliable later in the thread and a copy of the save will also be avaliable in each one of these corresponding threads. I may also send a copy of the save via e-mail and pm to everyone and attach a copy in every post I make just to piss everyone off

I would also like the older reports archived in that thread, not deleted.
Do you mean you want me to put reports from the previous 3 turns in the thread? If you mean you want all the report from term 4 archived then that is whats going to happen and that's the reason it'll be a reports only thread.

Last edited by OPD; September 21, 2002 at 19:34.
Old September 22, 2002, 00:29   #4
Trevman
Warlord

Local Time: 00:22
One question:
Why the heck are we building a catapult!?
If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.
Old September 22, 2002, 05:53   #5
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:22
First, because the SMC says so ( ) and second, because they last throughout the game with upgrades.
In any case, we can always switch to something else if we change our minds. AFAIK we're not rushing any catapults the next 5 turns, we're just building them the regular way, so we should be able to switch if we want.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 22, 2002, 15:33   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 04:22
Actually, it is because I say so. And I say so because the SMC has requested them.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 22, 2002, 15:49   #7
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:22
Right you are.
- Phantom of the Opera