Old November 18, 2002, 22:30   #121
Solomyr
Warlord

Local Time: 00:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
are you saying that dropping a bomb in the cafateria of a university, walking into disco is the way to build your country?

and why on earth do you say Palestine was given to the Jews by the American? The it was the British Mandate after wwi, and the Balfour Declaration was signed by the British.

and if you are implying that israel would like to keep the palestinaines under their thumbs for the rest of history, you are reading history and the current situation wrong. why do you think israel has been trying to trade the land back since she aquired it?

anyways, your ideas aren't very clear, so i'm not going to worry about this...but it is rather strange that just as soon as i think this thread has finished it run, someone else finds it.
Old November 19, 2002, 18:21   #122
gsmoove23
Warlord

Local Time: 08:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Solomyr
are you saying that dropping a bomb in the cafateria of a university, walking into disco is the way to build your country?
Would you say the bombing of the King David Hotel was a way to build Israel? Of course not, it was done by extremist elements within the zionist camp. Same as the events you mention were carried out by extremist elements within the West Bank and Gaza.
Old November 20, 2002, 15:14   #123
Solomyr
Warlord

gsmoove23

Your argument is rather narrow minded don’t you think? It includes no historical or political context. The King David was bombed in ’46, two years prior to the creation of Israel, during a time when the British still had complete control of the area, exhibited extreme anti-Semitism by not allowing Jews refugees for Europe into Palestine, and had no desire to leave the area and allow the Jews the right of self-determination.

Where as, the Oslo process had created a government for the Palestinians and was transferring control of land and of government workings to Palestinians, which, in July 2000, over 97% of the Palestinian population lived in PA controlled Areas A, which included NO Israeli presence in the form of military or government control.

If you notice, after a Jewish government and security service were formed, the attacks stopped, where as with the Palestinians they have continued.

This doesn’t even include the difference in bombing styles. Menachem Begin wished to AVIOD the loss of life and called the King David Hotel, the French Consulate and the Palestinian Post (now the Jerusalem Post) before the bombing and warned the people the hotel was going to be bombed. The warning was ignored and lives were lost. This is significantly different than when Palestinians INTEND to kill people.

Remember that surface comparisons are not allows what they seem.
Old November 22, 2002, 14:34   #124
gsmoove23
Warlord

The events of 46 were debatable as were the reasons for the bombing and so with the events of today. The British were walking a tightrope between the sympathies of two peoples. You know very well that while there certainly were anti-semitic Brits the reasons for stopping imigration were primarily the inflamatory effect it was having on the arabic population. The warning you mentioned was also highly debatable. One wonders why, if Begin really wanted to preserve lives how many died, how many British officers were lynched? As for terrorism continuing, of course it did, Deir Yassin was certainly terrorism as were many other events during and after the war of independance.

My point was, there are few countries that weren't formed in blood and the best reponse to terror isn't always more terror especially if that response has been shown to be relatively ineffectual. I certainly see the right of Israel to defend its citizens but Israel has been in control of the West Bank and Gaza for 30 plus years. Arguments that nothing will change until there is an end to all violence are simply setting themselves up for failure in a violent region. It would certainly be more convincing if combined with a real freeze on all settlements and a real crackdown on those settlements recognized as illegal by the Israeli government, plus perhaps, a leader in Israel actually showing some balls and really taking on extremists who only act to inflame the situation in places like Hebron, perhaps even removing those couple hundred settlers.

Last edited by gsmoove23; November 22, 2002 at 14:50.
Old November 22, 2002, 19:04   #125
Solomyr
Warlord

The argument that the British were walking a tight rope doesn’t do much for me. And if that is the argument you want to use, it makes the Arabs complacent in the Shoah, the Holocaust. If the Arabs pressured the Brits to stem Jewish immigration, and the Brits did so in part because of the Arab opinion, combined with the fact that Jews from all over Europe, not all of them, but many of them, were fleeing Europe, what does it say about the effects of Arab opinion? It was no secret that the Jews were being persecuted in Germany and Poland and Russia. Even before Hitler came to power, pogroms ranged across Europe.

And my point is, is that the Palestinians had the chance to form their country in Peace. In ’37 the Peel Partition would have given the Jews a tiny little state, which they accepted and which the Arabs rejected. And in ’48, the Arabs rejected a partition plan. And yes there were people there. And in the land allotted to the Jews, the Jews were the majority by ’47. And please don’t make the pathetic “colonist” argument. There is no question that the land of Israel was Jews a long time ago. It is the historic and geographic homeland of the Jews people, and if every other group of people in the world get the right of self determination in their own state, why don’t the Jews? Just because we are a historical anomaly is no reason to deny us a state.

And so the point remains the same: that after the first intifada, where much blood was spilled, the Palestinians had the chance to gain their independence, not so much from Israel, but from the Arab world. For it was the Arab world that said NO, NO, NO to a Jewish state. The land is disputed, most Israelis would very much like to give it back, and the Palestinians were lead to use violence again. And they were so close to. So just because most other states are formed in blood doesn’t mean that the Palestinians had to form theirs in the same way.

Two more quick thing: First, Israel is not using terrorism, it’s using a standing army, and it’s strategic deterrent. If we want to call force, or the threat of force terrorism, than know that still plays a great deal in the modern interactions of nations. Besides, it is working. I know there was just a bombing, but it was the first one in two weeks, and most days politics lead in the Israeli not the obituaries.

Secondly, Hebron is as much a Jewish city as it is an Arab city when it comes to history. The Tomb of the Patriarchs is there, along with the remains of the ancient Jewish Kingdom. Admittedly now the population is almost entirely Arab, but seeings as how the Arabs have a poor history of allow Jews to visit our holy sights, it is reasonable that more religious Jews to be concerned.
Old November 23, 2002, 06:17   #126
Beren
Warlord

Local Time: 09:24
Quote:
And my point is, is that the Palestinians had the chance to form their country in Peace. In ’37 the Peel Partition would have given the Jews a tiny little state, which they accepted and which the Arabs rejected. And in ’48, the Arabs rejected a partition plan. And yes there were people there. And in the land allotted to the Jews, the Jews were the majority by ’47. And please don’t make the pathetic “colonist” argument. There is no question that the land of Israel was Jews a long time ago. It is the historic and geographic homeland of the Jews people, and if every other group of people in the world get the right of self determination in their own state, why don’t the Jews? Just because we are a historical anomaly is no reason to deny us a state.
The Franks came from the Baltics. Should that give them a right to claim the Baltics. The jewish faith originated from the southern Levant. The jews 'returning' to Israel after WWII, most of them at least, did not ascend from those who once lived in Israel. (Believe it or not: lots of jews were converted to christianity and islam, lots of non-jews were taken into the community. I know this was not a very open community, but in a period of 2000 years every little bit makes a difference.) I would not deny the jews the right of self determination and to a state, but with a state comes territory and on that territory people already lived. You have to realise that from one day onto another there were dozens of Palestinians who were told the territory they now lived in was given away to the jews. Were they supposed to surrender and think: Hey, there is a Palestinian state, just too bad it isn't here.

Quote:
And so the point remains the same: that after the first intifada, where much blood was spilled, the Palestinians had the chance to gain their independence, not so much from Israel, but from the Arab world. For it was the Arab world that said NO, NO, NO to a Jewish state. The land is disputed, most Israelis would very much like to give it back, and the Palestinians were lead to use violence again. And they were so close to. So just because most other states are formed in blood doesn’t mean that the Palestinians had to form theirs in the same way.
The Palestinians are desperate and some think blowing up busses or something like that is a good idea. Most Palestinians are sick of the continuant fighting just as most Israelis do. In my opinion the jewish state shouldn't been formed, but since it is here I wouldn't abolish it. There now is an Israeli state and they would have to accept that and put there feuds aside (and so should Israel).

Quote:
Secondly, Hebron is as much a Jewish city as it is an Arab city when it comes to history. The Tomb of the Patriarchs is there, along with the remains of the ancient Jewish Kingdom. Admittedly now the population is almost entirely Arab, but seeings as how the Arabs have a poor history of allow Jews to visit our holy sights, it is reasonable that more religious Jews to be concerned.
If you are so concerned about history you should know that throughout the ages the muslims have always been very tolerant with visitors to holy shrines in the 'Holy' land. What poor history are you refering to?
Old November 24, 2002, 11:59   #127
gsmoove23
Warlord

Quote:
The argument that the British were walking a tight rope doesn’t do much for me. And if that is the argument you want to use, it makes the Arabs complacent in the Shoah, the Holocaust. If the Arabs pressured the Brits to stem Jewish immigration, and the Brits did so in part because of the Arab opinion, combined with the fact that Jews from all over Europe, not all of them, but many of them, were fleeing Europe, what does it say about the effects of Arab opinion? It was no secret that the Jews were being persecuted in Germany and Poland and Russia. Even before Hitler came to power, pogroms ranged across Europe.
For what reason would an arab living in a predominately arab land have a responsibility to jews in europe. If the question were simply allowing a large number of refugees in for humanitarian reasons then I'm sure there would have never been an issue. However, a large community of jews already existed, with organizations buying up land that could only be sold back to jews and a strong political movement calling for a Jewish national state in all of Palestine. Also, Palestine wasn't the first choice of most european jews, neither were most of the original palestinian jews happy about mass emigration, it was a policy of the zionist sect not all jews. Requiring that refugees be allowed entry into Palestine as opposed to anywhere else is a Jewish nationalist argument not a humanitarian one.

Quote:
In 37 the Jewish community was also strongly opposed to the agreement, palestinians were not the deal breaker. The Jews were not a majority by 47, that would only be the case after the ethnic cleansing of 48. and yes I will make the pitiful colonist argument, the idea of geographic homelands and historical rights to territory is plainly ridiculous to anyone who is not a party to ultra-nationalist politics or biblical politics. Am I supposed to believe, as an atheist, muslim, bhuddist, whatever, that jews have a right to Israel cause its right here in this book written by Jews? Its ridiculous. territories change or Africa is everyone's historical territory. take your pick. Israel is a fait accompli (spelling?) I am not arguing its right to exist, it does exist, its full of wonderful people who have a right to call it home, but perceived palestinian 'mistakes' is no justification for the current situation.

Quote:
This I hear a lot. Most Israelis would very much like to give it back, and I agree. This does not change the fact that settlements are still expanding with considerable help from the government in expensive subsidies and security. Ridiculous settlements like the ones in Hebron are not being removed, instead Sharon is saying things like 'territorial contiguity' with other Jewish communities should be established. The IDF plays around with the idea of removing illegal settlements instead of growing some balls and actually removing all settlements deemed by Israel to be illegal, seems common sense to me. Still, no significant opposition in Israel has risen to these actions obviously directed at maintaining and expanding an Israeli hold on palestinian land. What are people outside of Israel supposed to think?

Quote:
Two more quick thing: First, Israel is not using terrorism, it’s using a standing army, and it’s strategic deterrent. If we want to call force, or the threat of force terrorism, than know that still plays a great deal in the modern interactions of nations. Besides, it is working. I know there was just a bombing, but it was the first one in two weeks, and most days politics lead in the Israeli not the obituaries.
Now this is a pitiful argument. Its semantics and it argues my point. "If we want to call force, or the threat of force terrorism, than know that still plays a great deal in the modern interactions of nations." This is my point, palestinian terrorism is the same though it doesn't fall under the moniker of the actions of a standing army. I am certain that military action is working in a way, but at what extravagant costs. Palestinian cities cannot be locked down under curfew forever, nor can you keep such a significant military presence active indefinately. Something has to change politically and diplomatically to have any real effect.

Quote:
Hebron is also an arab holy place so it will be treated well. If the current political atmosphere makes it difficult for Jews to visit then that is one more reason to foster peace. The Hebron settlements certainly do not foster peace. If you were to make your historical rights argument it could be used for every part of Israel, the West Bank and Gaza and possibly beyond. While I'm sure this makes some fanatic Zionists happy it has got to stop somewhere, why not the Green Line.

Last edited by gsmoove23; November 24, 2002 at 12:18.
Old November 26, 2002, 09:30   #128
Silpy
Chieftain

Sorry to rain on your parade, but when anybody suggests a new Civ to be on Civ III, I think about how it would cope on a real world map. Isreal, as some of you have noted, has dissapeared form c. 600BC-1948AD. The problem is, she would be a weak buffer between Egypt and the Babalonians, and conquered quickly.
The same for the following

Celts
Poles
Thai
Turks

They will not have a chance.
Sorry again, people
Old November 26, 2002, 10:22   #129
Beren
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Silpy
Sorry to rain on your parade, but when anybody suggests a new Civ to be on Civ III, I think about how it would cope on a real world map. Isreal, as some of you have noted, has dissapeared form c. 600BC-1948AD. The problem is, she would be a weak buffer between Egypt and the Babalonians, and conquered quickly.
The same for the following

Celts
Poles
Thai
Turks

They will not have a chance.
Sorry again, people
May I point forward that the Celts and the Turks are included in the PTW and that the Thai are not in a densely populated area and there is no reason why they should be conquered quickly (and another point: what's wrong with being conquered quickly?)
Apart from your argumentation I do agree that Israel shouldn't be in CivIII
Old November 27, 2002, 11:12   #130
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 10:24
Israel was never a major power.
To be a docent civ, it would be expected from it to take
entire Syria. I think it would be a better choice to make a Syrian/Aramaic civ.

Quote:
It was no secret that the Jews were being persecuted in Germany and Poland and Russia
Some example of persecutions in Poland, huh?
Tell me, if Jews were persecuted in my country, why did Jews come en masse to it?
When it comes to Russia, it did restrict Jewish settlement to post-Polish territories, and it did encite
pogroms there - however Poles were a minority on these grounds, had no impact on anything and were persecuted as well, so how can they be responsible?
When it comes to middlewar period, Jews had full rights
as a national minority - which status was opposed by some of the jewish organisations that felt Polish.

Armenia would be a good civ. It had its imperial status under Tigranes the Great when it stretched up to Palestine. It was continously live civ from Urartu up to the present times. It had enormous impact on Roman/Byzantine civilization. Armenia was a first state (if You don't count Edessa, which is not sure) state to adapt christianity. Great Armenians include such persons
like Narses, the one who conquered Italy for Justinian;
Mautritius, a great Byzantine emperor; Heraclius, the emperor who reconquered Syria, Palestine, Egypt from Persians and his dinasty stopped Arab progress on Taurus mountains; John Kurkuas (o.s.l.t) the first Byzantine general to start Byzantine reconquista in the east; John Tzimiskes, another emperor, who defeated Kievan Rus and conquered Bulgaria; Basil Bulgaroktonos,
the emperor who finally conquered Bulgaria for Byzantines and generally was perhaps the best Byzantine emperor ever; Gauhar, Fatimid general that conquered Egypt for them,
and many many more...
Armenians created unique culture, and were the victims of first Holocaust, on which resemblance Hitler dealed with Jews.
Old November 29, 2002, 07:29   #131
Silpy
Chieftain

Name a country which has not harrased Jews in some peroid of history. We just remenber the worst. (Germany in particular) Whatever you think of the Jews, you have to give them credit of 2000 years of near-contant harrasment, persicution and occasional genaside, there are still Jewish people on earth.

NB Pre-war Poland was not so nice to Jews as you make out. In 1937, when there were thousands of Jews of German desent living in Poland, the Polish goverment stipped them the right to live in Poland, and deported them 'back home' to Germany. Obvously, Germany did'nt want them, and these poor people were forced to live in intermnet camps, no better than the Ghettos later, in their own country. In 1941, these camps promptly were emptied, but none of the inhabitants were heard of or seen again.......

Not so sure about an Armenian Civ. Don't know enough to judge.
Old November 29, 2002, 08:05   #132
Beren
Warlord

Quote:
Name a country which has not harrased Jews in some peroid of history. We just remenber the worst. (Germany in particular) Whatever you think of the Jews, you have to give them credit of 2000 years of near-contant harrasment, persicution and occasional genaside, there are still Jewish people on earth.
Well, not all of these 2000 years were so dangerous to jews. In the Roman empire they had little trouble, their only problem was that they wouldn't worship the Roman gods, but most of the time it was no big deal to the Romans. They had more problems with them because they persistently revolted. (Two great revolts) The Romans didn't hate the jews, but the jews hated the Romans.
Unlike what many of you may think there have been jewish states since a few centuries BCE. But they were never prominent. In the Muslim Empires jews had relative freedom of movement.
They were invited into Europe by Charlemagne. The closed communities developed there, because though they were alowed to be in Christian Europe, they were segregated from the rest of the population.
Anti-jewish sentiment only arose in the second half of the eleventh century and from that time on they were to be given a hard time in Europe with notably hard after the plague and after the reconquest of Iberia.
Old November 29, 2002, 09:31   #133
Silpy
Chieftain

I am not doubting that there were Jewish communities thoughout History, but they were never truly independant. Any until about 1700-1800 AD, Jews were limited by law about where they could live, what trades they could do, and where they could worship in Western Europe. The Islamic world at this time was freer for them (with occasional exeptions). They used to welcome Jews to Islamic countries, but it was only when Jewish immigrants started going to Palestine in the 1920's they were less welcoming.
Old November 29, 2002, 09:42   #134
Heresson
Emperor

Quote:

NB Pre-war Poland was not so nice to Jews as you make out. In 1937, when there were thousands of Jews of German desent living in Poland, the Polish goverment stipped them the right to live in Poland, and deported them 'back home' to Germany. Obvously, Germany did'nt want them, and these poor people were forced to live in intermnet camps, no better than the Ghettos later, in their own country. In 1941, these camps promptly were emptied, but none of the inhabitants were heard of or seen again.......

Not so sure about an Armenian Civ. Don't know enough to judge.
Everyone were harassing everyone, not only Jews.
Yet, in Poland, except for Chmielnicki's uprising's times,
when enraged Ukrainian peasants were slaughtering Poles and Jews, Jews were living safely. Again I remind You that 80% of world Jewish population lived in Polish state.
Today, is anyone accepting mass immigrants?
Tell me; do Lebaneese hate Palestians? Don't think so.
Still, Palestians were and are living in camps.
Does France or Britain accept every wave of immigrants
that comes to it?
Earlier, Poland accepted enormous wave of Jewish refugees from USSR.
Old November 29, 2002, 11:12   #135
Silpy
Chieftain

Everyone were harassing everyone, not only Jews.
Yet, in Poland, except for Chmielnicki's uprising's times,
when enraged Ukrainian peasants were slaughtering Poles and Jews, Jews were living safely. Again I remind You that 80% of world Jewish population lived in Polish state.
Today, is anyone accepting mass immigrants?
Tell me; do Lebaneese hate Palestians? Don't think so.
Still, Palestians were and are living in camps.
Does France or Britain accept every wave of immigrants
that comes to it?
Earlier, Poland accepted enormous wave of Jewish refugees from USSR.

OK, your info on Poland is greater than mine. I admit that. 80% of the world's Jewish population were living in Poland? Is it counting ethinic or practising? Anyway, lots of Jews did settle in Poland due to it being the 'Jewish Pale', set up by Catherine the Great.

Yes, many Lebanese people do hate Palestinians (well, the ones in Lebanon) for many reasons.
1)They got involved in the civil war. The PLO was in control of parts of Beruit.
2)That led to Isreal in setting up a 'buffer zone' which they de-populated of local people.
3)Many of the immigrants are poorly educated, and they are taking jobs form Lebanese.

It may not be the same now, as most of my info on Lebanon is arounf 1997-1998, but nothing can change that far...can it?

France, strangly is now more welcoming to immigrants than the UK. Strange for a nation who 20% of the voting adults are facists. And I do believe that the richest part of the world should let in more immigrants than they do now.
Old November 29, 2002, 12:37   #136
SIV
Chieftain

Posted by silpy:

Quote:
Sorry to rain on your parade, but when anybody suggests a new Civ to be on Civ III, I think about how it would cope on a real world map. Isreal, as some of you have noted, has dissapeared form c. 600BC-1948AD
That's not totally corect!
from 167 BC to 63 BC there was an independet jewish state in Israel
(and beyond it's current borders).
There was a large number of jews in Israel from the turn of the century and the 1920's... not from 1948.

All of you talking about that:

Quote:
The jews 'returning' to Israel after WWII, most of them at least, did not ascend from those who once lived in Israel
are just.. STUPID.
That's just not true.
Until this century we were a closed community and even now most of the jews marry jews and continue jewish tradition.
Old November 29, 2002, 13:01   #137
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24

New Israelis? Get ICQ guys, come to the OT, we need all the help you can give.
Old November 29, 2002, 14:09   #138
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SIV
Until this century we were a closed community and even now most of the jews marry jews and continue jewish tradition.
even if only 1 in a hundred marriages was not perfectly intra-jewish, over these many generations (> 6 generations per century, 20 centuries --> >120 generations) there is an enormous amount of "foreign" blood.

and if the community didn't mix at all would make the harassment logical. in no place people like others who don't integrate into local society. it the best case you're tolerated, usually not even that.

you see the same problem generally with all kind of religions, races, ethnicies and cultures. it's expected that you integrate. if you don't, you become unpopular...

the jewish people would have had a lot less (that doesn't mean) problems throughout history if they would have integrated and adapted. and the same counts for all other minorities.

note: i strictly disagree with ANY kind of violence against ANY kind of minority. but i DO understand why it is, was and will always be a problem for many people. not everyone is tolerant...
Old November 30, 2002, 01:49   #139
SIV
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf

even if only 1 in a hundred marriages was not perfectly intra-jewish, over these many generations (> 6 generations per century, 20 centuries --> >120 generations) there is an enormous amount of "foreign" blood.
Most of those who married non jews (and they were a lot less than 1/100) left the comunity and didn't see themselves as jews - so they didn't bring the foreign blood.
For example: jews coming from Arab countries look like Jews comping from Europe and you could tell them from Arabs. (The same is from jews from Argentina, Russia, UK...)

And it's not 20 centuries ...
Jews became less-religious only in the last 3 centuries.

Quote:
New Israelis? Get ICQ guys, come to the OT, we need all the help you can give
My number: 111183196
and come to where?
Old December 2, 2002, 21:04   #140
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

OT = Off Topic

That forum near the "community" forum, where posts don't count.

We're arguing about Israel for years there
Old December 2, 2002, 21:11   #141
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
The jews 'returning' to Israel after WWII, most of them at least, did not ascend from those who once lived in Israel
Sorry, but american genetic research companies found that Jews share several genetic codes.

Especially known is the "Kohen" gene. A gene shared by 80% of the Jews named Kohen (or Katz or Kogan) [in hebrew : Priest / Priest of justice] from all around the world. This gene is believed to be traced to one person - a priest during the second temple (several hundred years BC).

Given the fact that the jews were hated all around europe and opressed in the meditterenean , there is no reason to believe anyone would voluntarily convert to a persecuted, unpopular and wierd secluded religion.
Old December 4, 2002, 08:19   #142
Silpy
Chieftain

Let me clarify

1)You are right about a indipendant Israel during 167 BC-63 BC. I forgot. It was a line of high-preist kings was'nt it?

2)Jewish immigration did start to Israel/Palestine/the Holy Land/or the Levant (my Fave name) around 1900, but it really kicked of in 1945, due to obvous reasons.

3)'The jews 'returning' to Israel after WWII, most of them at least, did not ascend from those who once lived in Israel' I DID NOT SAY THAT

4)'Until this century we were a closed community and even now most of the jews marry jews and continue jewish tradition' The closed communitites of Jews were more in Eastern Europe than Western Europe.
The Jews of Western Europe were (Comparitivly) intergrated into mainstream society.

5) Like any ethnic minority, there has been a lot of Jew marring non-Jews, etc which is pridictible when you live in another nation is actully GOOD for you. A few particuly nasty genetic deseases showed themselves in Orthiodox Jews living in Poland in particular, because the gene pool had gotten too shallow. (Royalty also had this problem)

6) If they had totally intergrated, they would of eventully lost their culture, language and religion. The knack is to intergrate enough to be seen as being a person who is patroitic, but also happens to be a differant ethnic group. (That should'nt be a point really)
That is why in the UK some people (not me) are becoming distrustful of asian people (for obvious reasons), as they are not seen be the readership of 'the Sun' (nb. A right wing, grotty 'newspaper' owned by Rupert Murdoch) as not intergating at all, deliberatly not learning English and using the issue of race to get them hand outs. DISLAMER I HATE ANYBODY WHO HAS THIS VEIW THAT I HAVE JUST VOICED! I am not violent, but if the Goverment wants to crack down on racists/Nazis, I personally volenteer to become an 'exterminator' of a differant type of vermin, free of charge. The world will be a happier place!

That is all people.

PS. On Civ-CTP II, if any Civs turn Nazi, I declare war,
and will fight to the end!
Old December 4, 2002, 10:17   #143
Heresson
Emperor

Quote:
OK, your info on Poland is greater than mine. I admit that. 80% of the world's Jewish population were living in Poland? Is it counting ethinic or practising? Anyway, lots of Jews did settle in Poland due to it being the 'Jewish Pale', set up by Catherine the Great.
I don't know to which times does this number refer to.
When it comes to the borders of Jewish settlements,
they limited to post-Polish territories. But were they to move Jews there or -reather- to keep them there?
If tzars wanted to get rid of Jews, they could bann them completely, not restrict their settlement to what seemed to them their legal posession.
There were Jews in Russia earlier, and I think they were banned before; still, their number was completly insignificant in comparison to Polish Jews.
Old December 7, 2002, 03:46   #144
Edan
Warlord

Local Time: 04:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Apep
As usual it is the Britishs' fault,
Well not really it was the USA that gave Palesine to the Jews
The USA's only involvement in the formation of Israel was limited to being one of a number of country to vote for the UN proposal and being the first country to recognize the new state (which probably caused Russia to follow soon afterwards with it's recognition).

That was about the only major help the US provided Israel for most of the next 20 years.
Old December 7, 2002, 04:01   #145
Edan
Warlord

Local Time: 04:24
Quote:
Especially known is the "Kohen" gene. A gene shared by 80% of the Jews named Kohen (or Katz or Kogan) [in hebrew : Priest / Priest of justice] from all around the world
Indeed. IIRC, There was also a tribe of Ethiopian Jews that were suspected of being Kohanim that were tested, and it was discovered that they shared the gene to an even higher percentage, I think.

(I've known a few people who've spelt it Cohen).
Old December 8, 2002, 00:15   #146
Coracle
Prince

Local Time: 03:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Edan

The USA's only involvement in the formation of Israel was limited to being one of a number of country to vote for the UN proposal and being the first country to recognize the new state (which probably caused Russia to follow soon afterwards with it's recognition).

That was about the only major help the US provided Israel for most of the next 20 years.

So says you.

For those interested, major money was sent to the Hagganah, Palmach, et al, by Jewish American gangsters such as Abner Zwillman and Meyer Lansky.

Zwillman was a boss of Murder Incorporated. Do a Web search for him; there will be loads of sites.

FYI: I would rather as an American take all those billions of dollars and throw them down a rat hole than give them to Israel, Egypt, or anyone else.

http://www.aj6.org/jpbo/411/page3.html

Last edited by Coracle; December 8, 2002 at 00:38.
Old December 8, 2002, 03:40   #147
sprucemoose3311
Chieftain

internet research
hehehe the internet is a place of high honesty and morality. On the internet there is no false or biased information.

I give you one fun fact: Beezlebub is a word made up by the Pharisees to mock Jesus. Beezlebub means lord of the dung. Beezlebul means... well you will just have to go to a scholarly library and find out.

Hehe a Christmas hat...
Old December 8, 2002, 20:49   #148
sprucemoose3311
Chieftain

Hebrew

Ruler: I Am Who I Am (they were a theocracy until they asked for a king why not use... )
UU: Prophet (1.1.2) or mech infantry with +1 defense
Traits: Commercial, Religious

there should be a penalty where if you tell them to move left they go right sometimes because a handful of Hebrews do not seem to listen to their ruler (in ancient times)
Old December 9, 2002, 08:06   #149
SeferKoheleth
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf

Actually, as improbable as it sounds, there was practically NO admixture in the past 2000 years.

http://www.afhu.org/news/01afhupr/111901.htm
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scien...ers000509.html

Genetic studies prove that Jews from Poland are more closely related to Jews from Morrocco or Iraq than they are to non-Jewish Poles.
Old December 9, 2002, 08:13   #150
SeferKoheleth
Chieftain

You are wrong on several counts.

First of all, pre-Zionism, Palestine was basically an empty land.
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27338

With the immigration of Jews and the British takeover, Palestine saw a gigantic wave of Arab immigration from Syria, Egypt and Jordan. For the most part, the Palestinian refugees of 48 decended from this group of recent immigrants-- what right do they have to a land they barely lived in?

You are also dead wrong about Hebron. When it was under Islamic control, Jews were forbidden from worshipping at the Tomb of the Patriarchs for hundreds of years-- as they were from 1948-1967.

Similarly, the idea of Hebron being an Arab city itself dates only to the 1920s. Before then, Hebron had a large and thriving Jewish population dating back 2500 years.... before they were killed or chased out by Arab rioters.

So basically I take it that you think, despite its history, Hebron should be Judenrein.