Old September 22, 2002, 21:35   #1
Blisterino
Settler

Local Time: 08:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yo - NE1 like Eminem?
People keep telling us hes just a homophobe, but then why would he criticise gay culture to try and make it improve? This isnot aboiut hatred, this is about comedy, and this is what the eminem show is about comedy

Im only13 and have seen the world through these peoples accusations, so grow up and start givin this man some props, hes a dreamer and a revolutionery artiset

Yo
Old September 22, 2002, 21:38   #2
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 10:25
I like his attitude.

Old September 22, 2002, 21:41   #3
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:25
I like him better then your thread title.

Too lazy to just type out the words?
Old September 22, 2002, 21:48   #4
nationalist
Warlord

Local Time: 03:25
I hate Eminem. He's nothing but a hypocrite.

Eminem: I say what I want and I don't care what people say about me. I don't like gay people.

Press:Shame on you! You should be nice to gay people.

Eminem: Oh, I'm sorry. Don't yell at me! I love gay people! Let me hug and caress Elton John. Somebody please love me!

Eminem is nothing but a whiney attention seeker. He obviously does care about what the press says about him. Plus, his last album really sucked. Who wants to ear him ***** and moan about his family life? I certainly don't care.
"The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796
Old September 22, 2002, 21:48   #5
Bereta_Eder
Settler

He's quite popular here

(his fvck you all attitude must be...attractive to 12 year olds. Plus most kids here don't really get all the words, they just get the "attitude" )
Old September 22, 2002, 21:50   #6
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Sorry, I seriously dislike rap and hip-hop and that kinda nonsense.
Old September 22, 2002, 21:53   #7
Blisterino
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by nationalist
I hate Eminem. He's nothing but a hypocrite.

Eminem: I say what I want and I don't care what people say about me. I don't like gay people.

Press:Shame on you! You should be nice to gay people.

Eminem: Oh, I'm sorry. Don't yell at me! I love gay people! Let me hug and caress Elton John. Somebody please love me!

Eminem is nothing but a whiney attention seeker. He obviously does care about what the press says about him. Plus, his last album really sucked. Who wants to ear him ***** and moan about his family life? I certainly don't care.
thas bulls*ith, yo

Eminem says just what he wants, no holds bared. If tha press rags on him he's simply all like sarcastic just to play on them and makes them look like fewls

and why would he need attention when hes rich and can get anE women he wants?????/ if u think his album sucks, u need to listen again - and listen harder. by the way, if u listened to it in the first place while hating him, u must be an idiot. and just name me one single time he bitces about his family life. thats right - NONE

yo
Old September 22, 2002, 21:54   #8
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

he's a plague on society

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old September 22, 2002, 21:59   #9
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 01:25
Dudes, dudes:

duh.
Old September 22, 2002, 22:07   #10
nationalist
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Blisterino

Eminem says just what he wants, no holds bared. If tha press rags on him he's simply all like sarcastic just to play on them and makes them look like fewls
Eminem is a windbag. He believes in what will get him attention. Explain the Elton John thing. He did that because and ONLY because he was tired of being called a homophobe and he wanted his records to sell.

Quote:
and why would he need attention when hes rich and can get anE women he wants?
What do you think got him rich in the first place? If people stopped giving him attention, he wouldn't make any more money. As for the chicks thing, that also comes with attention. If he wasn't rich and wasn't getting media attention, he wouldn't be getting any chicks. How many chicks do you think Vanilla Ice is getting nowadays?

Quote:
just name me one single time he bitces about his family life. thats right - NONE

"I'm sorry momma. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean to make you cry but tonight I'm cleaning out my closet." That ENTIRE song is about his family troubles. What about his Hailey song, you know, the one where he is *****ing about Kim and his father? His album is full of his *****ing about his family, along with a few songs about how crappy white America is. Too bad he gets most of his money from white America. That song is nothing but a publicity stunt.
"The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796
Old September 22, 2002, 22:16   #11
Blisterino
Settler

but u listened to eminem so the proff is in tha pudding, yo

give it up, he gets the girls, tha cars, the attention without trying. his songs about family are only a a parody of what other stupid people have.hes shown time and again how stable his family relationship is, and u know it

and by the way, why does his records sell, then he would need publicity student? he doesn't need them - because lOOK AT HIS RECORD SALES. his brand of rap has trhe highest commercialbility of any right now, so it's more popular than the anything the music industry. so say what you want, but millions agree - eminem is tha real thing, and nEone who listens to other crap (like rock & techno) is lookin to the past abd dead genres

give it up, uve lost
Old September 22, 2002, 22:19   #12
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Jazz is timeless
Old September 22, 2002, 22:28   #13
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 04:25
Eminem's a talented artist. But Boris is absolutely right...

Old September 22, 2002, 22:33   #14
nationalist
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Blisterino
but u listened to eminem so the proff is in tha pudding, yo
How can I avoid it? He's on T.V. and on the radio every five minutes, usually between Britiney Spears and N SYNC. He's a pop star, and he eats it up.

Quote:
give it up, he gets the girls, tha cars, the attention without trying. his songs about family are only a a parody of what other stupid people have.hes shown time and again how stable his family relationship is, and u know it
I don't even know what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that he just makes up everything that he has to say about his family to sell records? If so, then he is even more pathetic than I thought. (BTW, didn't he divorce his wife recently? Isn't the Hailey song about his troubles with his wife? His family life sounds really stable.)

Quote:
and by the way, why does his records sell, then he would need publicity student? he doesn't need them - because lOOK AT HIS RECORD SALES. his brand of rap has trhe highest commercialbility of any right now, so it's more popular than the anything the music industry.
That's because he makes his money by selling albums to stupid kids like you who believe the B.S. that he spoonfeeds you.
Old September 22, 2002, 22:34   #15
Hobbes
Warlord

Quote:
give it up, uve lost
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbsup.gif
Views:	135
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	25378  

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer
Old September 22, 2002, 22:44   #16
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

this is so perfect
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	stfunewbie.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	25380  

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old September 22, 2002, 22:53   #17
nationalist
Warlord

Old September 22, 2002, 22:58   #18
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I like how he doesn't like his mother.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 22, 2002, 23:00   #19
nationalist
Warlord

Eminem is soo Kewl and awesome that he can do like 50 chiks! I wish that I wuz Eminem so I could think of his kewl revlutinery ideeas. Then I'd get chiks! Fight the power!
Old September 22, 2002, 23:11   #20
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Though I do like Eminem... I think that guy has dug himself a hole that is a little too deep, and I ain't jumpin in after him.
Old September 23, 2002, 00:53   #21
Kaak
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 02:25
not a fan.

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."
Old September 23, 2002, 05:00   #22
Buck Birdseed
Emperor

I quite liked the first two albums but his appeal starting to wear thin, I feel. Primarily because Dre has quite finally been overtaken in the production stakes by Timbaland, The Neptunes, Just Blaze and even Murder Inc. and P. Diddy for god's sakes, plus any number of other club hip-hop producers. Eminem is creeping dangerously towards retro/backpacker territory.

Last edited by Buck Birdseed; September 23, 2002 at 05:11.
Old September 23, 2002, 06:25   #23
Sikander
King

Thank god I have never knowingly heard any of his "art".
Old September 23, 2002, 08:18   #24
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I'd just like to say that "NE1" for "anyone" is the worst... teen slang... shortening.... ever.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old September 23, 2002, 08:23   #25
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 19:25
/me suspects that he has already come up against the anti-DL site defences, and came off second best...

The only Eminem song I like is Without Me, for the very good reason that it is his only decent song.
Old September 23, 2002, 13:08   #26
Mattaba
NationStates
Chieftain

You are one of the more creative of the dictators. When not writing poetry you're devising your own version of communism. As over two million Chinese staved to death because of your little experiment you should have stuck to writing sappy songs!

What tin-pot dictator are you? Take the "What Dictator am I?" test at PoisonedMinds.com

Old September 23, 2002, 13:16   #27
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:25
Yo...

No, I think Eminem is a tw*t to quite frankly. There is no excuse for his homophobia. Trying to improve gay culture? Don't make my laugh, that is one of the worst examples of apologism I have ever seen.

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old September 23, 2002, 13:22   #28
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:25
I prefer M&Ms.

Although I don't like his music he does make me laugh.
Old September 23, 2002, 13:22   #29
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

It would require understanding of and empathy with gay culture to want to improve it, and he has demonstrated neither.

I won't disparage his talent, but his attitude and ideas are noxious. You could see that without focusing on his homophobia by looking at his mysogyny and glorification of violence. Boo.
Old September 23, 2002, 13:30   #30
Lungron
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
I quite liked the first two albums but his appeal starting to wear thin, I feel. Primarily because Dre has quite finally been overtaken in the production stakes by Timbaland, The Neptunes, Just Blaze and even Murder Inc. and P. Diddy for god's sakes, plus any number of other club hip-hop producers. Eminem is creeping dangerously towards retro/backpacker territory.
What's that? Oh wait - you're a fvcking idiot!