Old September 24, 2002, 21:25   #1
mazzz
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 08:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hotseat game (HELP)
In call 3 power one me and my freinds always played hotseat, it was really cool, now i have call to power 2, does that have it?
Old September 24, 2002, 23:54   #2
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 01:31
Re: Hotseat game (HELP)
Officially, the game doesn't have hotseat or PBEM, but that can be changed... Here's a quote from Locutus:

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
They haven't been removed but they have been disabled. There were too many problems with them for CtP2 and the Activision programmers didn't have enough time to fix these problems before release, so they disabled these features. You can reactivate them though. To do this, open the file ctp2_data\english\uidata\layouts\spnewgame.ldl in a text editor (e.g. Notepad). Look for the numbers -490 (there should be 2 occurences, one in line 87 and one in 94) and change them to 490 (i.e. remove the minus sign). Save the file (and make a backup of the original, just to be safe). If you now start CtP2 the start-up screen will have 2 extra buttons, surprisingly called 'Hotseat Game' and 'Email Game'. Of course, these features weren't disabled without reason so noone can give you any guarantee that they are bug-free. However, experience showed that they overall work very well. The only major problem is that you can't have diplomatic negotiations with other human players, but this is a problem which modmakers (yours truly, to be precise) are working on.
Old September 25, 2002, 14:06   #3
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 03:31
I am curious about this too. More abot the hotseat than PBEM so here are my two questions:

1. Can the Poly pack work with hotseat?

2. How close are you to getting diplomacy to work in it.

3. Is there any way to take the hotseat code from CTP and put it in to CTP2? They seem from everything I have seen to be written in simmilar if not idenical code and hotseat in CTP didn't seem buggy so why change what works?
Old September 25, 2002, 14:34   #4
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 05:31
1. yes and any other mod

2. The project has stoped

3. I really dont think we can
-Jean Rostand
Old September 30, 2002, 14:04   #5
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 09:31
Errr, what exactly is Hotseat

(laugh all you want I dont care )

Just never played any mplay other than normal

And Pedrunn did u say Hotseat is available in any mod for ctp2 but not in vanilla ctp2??
If this is the case why the heck did activision leave it out??? (whatever it is as I dont know yet )
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old September 30, 2002, 14:52   #6
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 01:31
Hotseat is when two or more players play a game at the same computer... They have to keep getting out of their chairs ie Hotseat
Old September 30, 2002, 16:55   #7
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 03:31
Quote:
Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
Errr, what exactly is Hotseat

(laugh all you want I dont care )

Just never played any mplay other than normal

And Pedrunn did u say Hotseat is available in any mod for ctp2 but not in vanilla ctp2??
If this is the case why the heck did activision leave it out??? (whatever it is as I dont know yet )
As he kind of explained above it is kind of buggy and they didn'thave time to implement it properly so they de activated it. The instructions on how to re activate it are above.

The main bug is that there is no diplomacy between players, you can have it with AI but not amoungst players however he was doing a little work on this, mainly for PBEM but the code should be the same for hotseat.

another bug I kind of noticed is that the interface nevver showed the correct civ, so you would be shuffleing through another civs cities seeing your production.

It is bearable and somewhat fun but if they can fix Diplomacy that would make it great