Old September 25, 2002, 21:02   #1
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 19:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Director of Peacekeeping Operations Debate Thread
To plagiarise TKG, I don't have a speech yet.

But...any questions?
Old September 26, 2002, 07:33   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:33
Don't worry about it. My question was rhetorical anyway.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; September 26, 2002 at 07:44.
Old September 26, 2002, 10:41   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:33
how do you see your position in this next canbinet?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 26, 2002, 16:58   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:33
So who do I need to vote on? Currently my vote would be Abstain.
Old September 26, 2002, 17:32   #5
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

What is your basic philosophy for designing units (e.g. cheap, high attack, etc.)? Do you advocate keeping a standing army? How large would you want it to be? How aggressive would you want us to be towards other factions (this one will be quite important for me)?
Old September 26, 2002, 18:02   #6
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

You have a choice between MWIA and myself.

Somehow I think this is likely to be rather close.

At this point in time, I support cheap units. We may need to move towards high attack at a later date, but considering that we haven't met any other factions yet, and are at present just exploring, I don't see the need. However, I support getting Rovers as soon as possible for exploration purposes, and some armor might be nice, to stop our boys getting killed by mindworms.

I don't advocate keeping a standing army, especially this early in the game. If we find ourselves, say, jammed between the Hive and the Believers, then that could well be a good idea. But I don't think that's likely to come this term.

I see my position in this cabinet as an important one, but one that hasn't really been used yet. Until we make contact with another faction, I'll be lobbying for upgrades to our military technology, requesting particularly Doctrine: Mobility. We should make contact with another faction this term, and my stance, aggression-wise, will depend on who it is. If it's the Gaians, University or Morgan, I'm likely to support a peaceful stance, but if it's the Hive or the Believers, I'll likely support early intervention.
Old September 26, 2002, 18:18   #7
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Would you want us to go 'mindworm hunting' for planetpearls?
Old September 26, 2002, 20:49   #8
Darkness' Edge
Prince

No, for two reasons.

Firstly, I don't really see the need.

Secondly, our military technology is still so weak that, at least in the short term, we should be trying to avoid contact with mindworms. As soon as we have some stronger troops, this may become a possibility, but I would rather our armies to be defending, if not engaged in attacking or exploring.
Old September 27, 2002, 12:00   #9
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:33
Seeing MWIA's absence, and seeing that I like DE's andwers (despite going for D:Mob before IndAut...) my choice is quite obvious.
Old September 29, 2002, 11:59   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:33
Dammit. Away for two full days in 3 months and I happen to miss the entire sodding elections. There is something about this game that does not like me.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!