View Poll Results: Who will be the next Commissioner
DeathByTheSword 23 95.83%
ABSTAIN 1 4.17%
WRITE-IN 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 26, 2002, 10:47   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ELECTION: Commissioner
Options are:

DeathByTheSword
ABSTAIN
Write-in

this is the place where to ask questions:debate
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 26, 2002, 15:32   #2
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

I voted on all the elections and i wish everone good luck . if someone has a question about me being the commissioner please go to the debate thread and ask there or here doesnt really matter. I ask Ming to top all the elections but nothing happend yet
Old September 26, 2002, 15:49   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Aren't we doing this, well, WAAAAAAY too soon? The nominations just bairly ended and not even all the debate threads have opened and those that have opened have only been opened for how long? Lets wait at least a week.

If we have elections now, NO ONE is getting my vote.
Old September 26, 2002, 16:03   #4
DeathByTheSword
King

there was a dicussion about this somewhere 2 weeks ago. If we want to have every 1st of the month a new government and have a nomination from 5 days a election for 3 weeks and a transition day of 2 (preferly 3) we need to start on time. Because of RL problem i couldnt start it in time and DE started for me a day over time. after that i took over with the current nominationthread and because we lack one day i removed the day between nomination closing and election starting so that there would be some days for the transtition. IF you think it is way to early for this then it is my fault because i couldnt start it early because problem back home. I am sorry for that BUT if we want a new government when the new month starts we need to do it now. and i dont like the idea of start somewhere in the middle of the month just because this is much simpler.
Old September 26, 2002, 16:06   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Alright then you do not get my vote, I abstain.
Old September 26, 2002, 16:10   #6
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 10:34
you don't have to vote NOW, you could also wait a few days, how long is the poll open?
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old September 26, 2002, 16:11   #7
DeathByTheSword
King

again Tass i am sorry for this but i saw it as the best compromise i could think of
Old September 26, 2002, 16:12   #8
DeathByTheSword
King

3 days forgot to post that sorry people having a really bad day :wheeping:
Old September 26, 2002, 16:21   #9
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

It isn't DBTS' fault the debate threads have just started. It was the candidates' job to do that! Only after I started my own thread there was some response from others.
Old September 26, 2002, 16:23   #10
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Oh yea, the election threads don't need to be topped. I made links in my Official Poll Results thread. Some moderator should really change the name of that thread to "Current polls & Poll archive"...
Old September 26, 2002, 16:25   #11
DeathByTheSword
King

changing the name PM a mod and i send the PM for topping but nothing happend so no biggy just yet
Old September 27, 2002, 09:03   #12
Diablero
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:34
We could always run another vote for commissioner couldn't we? Of course, does anyone else stand a chance against DBTS?

"The universe is wider than our views
of it" -Henry David Thoreau
Old September 29, 2002, 12:28   #13
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Aren't we doing this, well, WAAAAAAY too soon? The nominations just bairly ended and not even all the debate threads have opened and those that have opened have only been opened for how long? Lets wait at least a week.

If we have elections now, NO ONE is getting my vote.
Although there is no other candidate and certainly no BETTER candidate than DBTS for Commisioner, I must agree with Tass' sentiments for the general situation. This election has seemed a littlle rushed and not very well signposted - I could barely participate for taking a single weekend off, apart from nominating myself in one election. This should be something we can look at for the next elections.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 29, 2002, 12:56   #14
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 19:34
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Although there is no other candidate and certainly no BETTER candidate than DBTS for Commisioner, I must agree with Tass' sentiments for the general situation. This election has seemed a littlle rushed and not very well signposted - I could barely participate for taking a single weekend off, apart from nominating myself in one election. This should be something we can look at for the next elections.
With all respect, MWIA, there was the usual nomination period for this. People had plenty of time to nominate for posts. Then, there was the usual time period.

These elections ran exactly the same as any others in any DG.

Tass - the debate threads are the responsibility of the individual candidates. If they want one, they create it. It's got nothing to do with the AT.

And MWIA, while I sympathise with your situation, it's just bad luck being caught with having to go away in the middle of elections. I think it's a bit unfair to blame it on the elections.
Old September 29, 2002, 13:23   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:34
Hmmm... and I don't doubt their validity or the fact they likely complied with every law we have (I certainly wouldn't complain even if they didn't!). Perhaps my only real thought here is that elections just happened like anything else. Elections in the other games do not seem to... flow, as quickly as the last one did here. Somehwo elsewhere there is much talk about "who will raun where", and on the great competitions for positions etc. This time around there were just nominations, a few short and hastily assembled campaign threads and the polls. There does not seem to be any legislative failure here, but more a failure of attitude of those of us who are regular posters. Maybe this is part of the very low voter turnout also - ppl will vote when things are visible and notable. The ppl who make things such are the DEs, Archaics, Maniacs and DBTS' of the game, who should perhaps hype up the elections a little. I am guilty of this too, but we share a collective responsiblity.

It would be nice to believe that someone who is a very regular poster and recent Director can make themselves and their opinions known in the period of the election - it should be so clear when elections are at that no-one such as this can miss them. Is it in the Constitution when elections are held? I certainly knew thanks to DBTS' posts when nominations were over, but not when the elections started and ended.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 29, 2002, 13:27   #16
Maniac

The fact that few candidates were in parties may have been a big part of the "quietness" of these elections. No more behind-the-screen PM diplomatic talks etcetera...
Old September 29, 2002, 13:48   #17
DeathByTheSword
King

i itsnt in the constitution but i was thinking about next time starting on the 15th with nominations closing them on the 20th and starting elections on the 25 and end on the 29 (4days election) this way it is way more strected out and maybe it will increases voters. Heck as soon as we have an AT he can start a nomination thread on the first if he wants but i think what i said above (starting on the 15th with nominations) will do better as this time.
Old September 29, 2002, 18:12   #18
Schinkenjoe
Chieftain

Couldnīt we have a real election campaign time next elections, in which the game stops for two days or so and the long prepared campaign threads are started.
This election days are announced a week before and - letīs say - at least a hlaf week before the elections.
Maybe we should lengthen the Directors' office duration.
It just gets so much to read all election thingies and also vote for the game polls at the same time for a man who canīt spend much time in this forum.
Old September 29, 2002, 20:31   #19
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

MWIA: Hyping it up is a pretty good idea, really. It's not really my responsibility anymore, but it would be a good idea for the new administration.

DBTS: I like your idea. It might be a bit extreme...but it could work. Let's at least try it.

Schinkenjoe: I *think* the election dates are listed in the constitution. If they aren't, it's usually between the 27th and 30th of each month. I'd be really against lengthening the director's period in office. Two months is just too long, especially in a game such as ours. In the C3DG, they already have a problem with directors resigning mid-term because the job gets too much, even if they've done it before. And I know I wouldn't have been happy to have to serve another month as Commissioner - I just wasn't up to it.

With your idea of an election campaign - that should really be up to the campaigning directors. It's up until now always been there choice to create a campaign thread, and if they do, what form it should take, and I think it should stay that way. It makes campaigning a lot easier, and to the point. We're not managing the United States here.
Old September 30, 2002, 02:47   #20
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

We might see some better campaigning if more of the elections were seriously contested.
Old September 30, 2002, 03:14   #21
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
We might see some better campaigning if more of the elections were seriously contested.
That's a good point, actually. That's one of the reasons why the first elections were so good.