Old September 29, 2002, 01:46   #1
Knightblade pDM
Civilization III Multiplayer
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Current game/w attached sav
Here we go..another .sav This time, Small Map, 8 Civs, my own mod.

I draw Germany and get a pretty good start. Over time, it was me and the Aztecs as the superpowers. Later on, Russia becomes superpower #3. In the middle ages, I draw an alliance with Russia, and China and Japan have an MPP, and we all gang up and take out the Aztecs, taking their land for our own. I only have one wonder, the Oracle, which I take from the Aztecs.

It's now me and Russia, #2 and #1 respectively on the power chart, but score wise, I'm about 10 points away from the #1 position. It's early 1800s, early Industrial(the war with the Aztecs lasted *centuries* hence me still being in the Indus). Research is 0% and I've been buying tech and getting about 140+ gpt and I'm hoping to get Panzers before the game ends. Russia will most likely build the UN and I might get enough support to win Diplomatically. So here's the .sav if you guys want to check it out
Attached Files:
File Type: sav germany-mark1.sav (168.5 KB, 7 views)
Old September 29, 2002, 02:03   #2
Knightblade pDM
Chieftain

Here is the mini-map

I don't know why it stretched out the thread, sorry guys, I sized it right...hmph..oh well

Civs:

Germany(Me)
Russia
China
Japan
Zulu

Last edited by Knightblade pDM; September 29, 2002 at 02:28.
Old September 29, 2002, 02:38   #3
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 04:41
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Knight,

Couldn't download for some reason, but the minimap says it all!
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 29, 2002, 09:09   #4
Knightblade pDM
Chieftain

hrm, let me attach it as a .ZIP, that might work better
Attached Files:
File Type: zip germany-mark1.zip (159.5 KB, 1 views)
Old September 29, 2002, 10:13   #5
Hurricane
Warlord

Local Time: 10:41
Ok, I had a quick look. Some impressions:

* Take the Chinese Dye colonies by bulding a city next to them.

* Your Forbidden Palace is in Hamburg, right next to your capital! It is totally wasted! I suggest you immediately jump your palace to for example New Munich. Corruption is destroying your civ.

* Build more cultural buildings (temples to start with) and Aqueducts. It's 1814 and you don't even have temples in all your cities!

* You have almost no wonders. This is a big problem.

* You are about 8 techs behind the others, but most of these are "bonus" techs like Music Theory or Economics. However, your current research won't allow you to get something to trade.

Summed up, your best bet is to attack China and try to get a few cities. If you are really lucky you get a leader, which you can use to build a new palace instead of jumping the old. Make peace when your steam ends (you can't build new units fast enough to replace the losses), and try to get a few techs with the peace treaty.
Old September 29, 2002, 12:10   #6
cracker
Warlord

Local Time: 01:41
Mark,

Didn't downlaod your game to look at your current situation because of philosophy.

Would like to help you but you should not be playing your own mod and asking for game play advice at this stage. Very little that you could do in a mod will help you to be a better player and get to a higher level of enjoyment in the game.

I think you are ignoring the one thing you can do to improve your play style and your play skills and that is to ONLY PLAY GAMES UP TO 1000 BC and THEN ask for comments and advice.

By 1814 AD, its too late and the stupid thing you may have been doing for the past 200 turns have already cast your fate in concrete.

I thought that I sensed you understood these things, so this thread is sort of a disappointment to me.
Old September 29, 2002, 13:36   #7
Knightblade pDM
Chieftain

Cracker, I'm just experimenting with some common sense changes I made to the main .bic file. This is only one of *four* games I am playing at the moment. The other three are with the main .bic

I reached the modern age, am the superpower in score and in military, my Panzers are ripping through the Russian frontlines along with Japanese help. You may be disappointed but I am darn proud of doing what I did in this game. So I didn't reach the Modern Ages by 1200 AD, but at least I will win

BTW, I have your article saved in my favorite places and printed out offline, so don't be too disappointed in me, I use what you've told me since I read the article Just let me have this one game
Old October 8, 2002, 19:13   #8
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:41
Just in case others come along, I would add these points
1- Monarch in 1800's ad is just deadly. I would ave gone to rep instead if not religous (one switch only).
2- At Regent you should be able to get ahead in the industrious age. You can not just give away ToE and need to be first or nearly so for Hoover and Replacement.
I would hold off on Riflemen till after RR. No making any troops in cities that take tens of turns. With RR instead of Rifle, you could be completing them and be on your way to attack proofing your empire and could take away those Russian cities.
Regent is a level that you do not need to stay behind the AI in techs if you get a jump on your empire. I do not play on that level anymore so I do not recall when I catch up, but it is before they get ToE that is for sure.
I am sure you have these points by now, but others may come later. You can do it at Monarch level, so surely Regent is not a problem.

Wow those workers have gone bersek. Nearly every tile has irrigation on the south end of the empire and the cities are 5-12 size so they can not even work all the tile, let alone use thatmuch food.

Last edited by vmxa1; October 8, 2002 at 20:05.