Old September 29, 2002, 15:18   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
D of I&E: Rushbuilding?
Before organizing a poll I'd like to hear some opinions. I'm wondering whether we should rushbuild the formers and/or CP currently build in our bases. Also I would like to know your opinion about whether or not we should rush the first unit built in any newfounded base.

Facts:

Energy Reserves: 82 ec

New Apolyton: Colony Pod: 22/30
ThisBaseIsBelongToUs: Formers: 12/20
U.N. Pizza Delivery: Formers: 12/20

They all take 19 ec to finish.

Former/?/CP/Scout patrol/CP/Scout Patrol is the general build queue if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember if it has been polled, but there was a lot of support for the suggestion. So should we hurry the formers provided we get 10 free minerals with each new base? "?" stood for a second former, a scout unit, or a recycling tanks.

Discuss and provide arguments!
Old September 29, 2002, 16:58   #2
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:42
how much will it all cost? (i am to lazy to start up the game myself now going to bed early ) we havent got that much credits and i want to hold some money back for rushbuilding garrisons in case of wormattacks
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 29, 2002, 17:24   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

I am also too lazy to start it up right now. Though I'll give you a wild guess : I think it's 19 ec if we hurry something now. For later rushbuilds, since we have a 0 Industry rating, it would cost us 25 ec to hurry a former right after founding a base.

How much credits would you like to keep in reserve at all time?
Old September 30, 2002, 01:35   #4
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:42
I say we rush the two formers. We need them up and running as soon as possible, and it won't be that expensive.
Old September 30, 2002, 04:23   #5
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Rush the pod !!! All nutrients gathered at New Apolyton are useless since we'll lose one citizen and get it back right after we built the pod ! Lets save all these special ressources by rushing the pod !
Old September 30, 2002, 05:05   #6
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 09:42
Buy everything.
Old September 30, 2002, 08:04   #7
Maniac

My my, four different posters, four different opinions. Poll is coming up!
Old September 30, 2002, 08:05   #8
Gnool
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
Warlord

Local Time: 18:42
I don't know if you were going to do this or not, but a good way to save money when buying stuff is to spend just enough money so that it has 1 turn left (eg if it has 4 turns to go & it says it will take 40 energy credits to complete it, just pay 30 energy credits & it will be built the next turn)
Old September 30, 2002, 08:13   #9
Maniac

That's easy with facilities because they always cost 2 energy per mineral. But with units it are completely different rules leading to unknown fractional numbers. That makes it hard to hurry units efficiently. Anyway, if people support Gnool's suggestion, speak up and I'll do some testing with the save file.
Old September 30, 2002, 09:25   #10
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

maniac I say rush them all but i want to have around 45credits for any rushing of garrisons this early in the game.
Old September 30, 2002, 09:32   #11
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Quote:
Originally posted by Gnool
I don't know if you were going to do this or not, but a good way to save money when buying stuff is to spend just enough money so that it has 1 turn left (eg if it has 4 turns to go & it says it will take 40 energy credits to complete it, just pay 30 energy credits & it will be built the next turn)
I actually considerer that a cheat, rather than a feature, but this has to be polled since it hasnt been vote in the opening fo the game, when we choose which exploits/features we would allow.
Old September 30, 2002, 09:37   #12
DeathByTheSword
King

why is this a feature or a cheat you just make a partial payment to help you build something....
Old September 30, 2002, 10:01   #13
Maniac

The figures:
If we change the UNPD workers to provide us with 4 Megatons of minerals this year, we can finish the former with 10 credits. If we adapt the TBIBTU workers and keep the current NA placement for one more turn before switching to the rocky minerals, they produce 3 mineral units each and we have to pay 13 ec to finish them.

82 - 36 = 46 ec, enough to rush a scout when necessary
Old September 30, 2002, 10:28   #14
DeathByTheSword
King

great i only dont understand NA we have to keep it one turn as it is now and one turn with a change?
Old September 30, 2002, 10:45   #15
Maniac

I'll of course organize a poll for the old bases' worker placement, but personally I'd like to keep the NA worker placement Freshwater nutrients, Rolling moist nutrients and forest until the colony pod is constructed. Then I would switch the forest worker to the rocky minerals.
Old September 30, 2002, 14:19   #16
Maniac

DeathByTheSword proposed to hurry a Scout Patrol built after the CP in New Apolyton. Rushing it would complete it in MY 2140 for 50 ec. Not rushing it would complete the Patrol in MY 2142. What do you think? If someone else supports this proposal, I'll start a poll.
Old September 30, 2002, 14:52   #17
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

I would support that if it means Panama gets built earlier. Also, I want that E-SE scout to keep heading out that way.
Old September 30, 2002, 17:23   #18
Maniac

That canal base will still get built at the same time. Not rushing it would just leave New Apolyton without a garrison for 3 years. IMHO this isn't worth 50 ec.
Old October 1, 2002, 15:38   #19
moomin
King

I see. How's the food situation in NA? Any chance of drone riots when we send the local police away?

Oh, forgot this is Thinker. Nevermind.