Old September 29, 2002, 15:34   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
D of I&E: Fixed and default worker assignments
In the latest worker polls there was a preference for the below worker assignments:

NA:
Worker 1: 3-1-0 nutrient rolling moist square
Worker 2: 0-3-0 rocky minerals, next turn 0-5-0, later with road 0-8-0
Worker 3: 4-0-0 Freshwater nutrients

UNPD:
Worker 1: 4-0-0 Freshwater nutrients

TBIBTU:
Worker 1: 3-0-0 nutrient flat moist tile

My question is: do I have to continue polling these worker assignments the rest of my term or can I consider (some of) these fixed.

A second question is about choosing which workers if I haven't had the time to poll worker placements. Such a situation is quite likely as I cannot predict the results of Pandemoniak's terraforming polls; and last month there rarely was the time to wait on the results of a certain poll before organizing another related one - turnplay sessions were held too often at certain occasions. So my question is, when faced with a 1-2-1 forest square and a 2-1-1 rolling-moist-farm-solar square in the middle of a turn session, what tile do I have to choose? Or with variations like a 1-2-2 or 2-1-2 river tile?

Polls will probably follow, but I believe in first holding a discussion thread before immediately jumping to a poll. I hope I get the time between turnplay sessions to maintain such a habit. @ DBTS
Old September 29, 2002, 16:56   #2
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:42
i think that you dont have to poll every worker for every city maybe poll how people want to grow our bases (more minerals or more food etc. etc.)
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 29, 2002, 16:59   #3
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 02:42
Well, the dry nut tile at NA is probably fixed. The sooner we can farm it, the better.

Maybe we can consider polling for general priorities (nuts, minerals, energy) at each base. In fact, this'd be practical later on, when we have 20+ bases. I've had the luxury of having only a handful of bases to work with.
Old September 30, 2002, 08:17   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:42
I'll check the Civ3 demo game out to see how they poll worker placements there and hope I can find some useful method.

Edit: They don't seem to poll worker placements in the Civ3 democracy game. Seems like I'll have to invent the warm water myself.

Last edited by Maniac; September 30, 2002 at 08:59.