Old October 1, 2002, 14:09   #1
civjunkie
Settler

Local Time: 03:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Bug report
Has anyone else run into this one? I captured 2 AI cities, kept one and razed one. The one I kept was connected to my RR network by roads that had originally passed through the razed city . Despite that, I couldn't build RRs on any of the captured roads, or any modern units in the captured city, as if I had no access to iron/coal. I happened to have a spare settler, which I used to found a new city on the site of the one I had razed -- and now suddenly everything worked as expected. All this within the same turn.
Old October 1, 2002, 14:24   #2
Tuberski

Re: Bug report
Quote:
Originally posted by civjunkie
Has anyone else run into this one? I captured 2 AI cities, kept one and razed one. The one I kept was connected to my RR network by roads that had originally passed through the razed city . Despite that, I couldn't build RRs on any of the captured roads, or any modern units in the captured city, as if I had no access to iron/coal. I happened to have a spare settler, which I used to found a new city on the site of the one I had razed -- and now suddenly everything worked as expected. All this within the same turn.
When you razed the city, did another civ cultural border pop out over the roads?
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old October 1, 2002, 15:26   #3
civjunkie
Settler

Quote:
When you razed the city, did another civ cultural border pop out over the roads?
No. This was an Iroquois enclave entirely surrounded by my territory. There was a third city in the enclave, which I also razed - couldn't build RR on its roads either, until I built my own city.
Old October 1, 2002, 15:31   #4
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 04:47
Hmm... I bet if you had waited 1 turn w/o building a city it would have worked properly. I've run into RR building glitches like that before in captured or neutral territory.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old October 1, 2002, 15:45   #5
zeh
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 05:47
I was able to build RR as normal in territories formely owned by an enemy civ.
I'm with patch 1.29, maybe if don't have applyed it, you should.
Old October 1, 2002, 17:56   #6
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Arrian is right, you must wait untill the next turn before the ownership change registers with the program. It's not a glitch or a bug, it's just the way the program works.
Old October 1, 2002, 19:31   #7
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:47
Yes I saw this recently and was fine the next turn. I just ignored it.