Old October 3, 2002, 16:59   #31
cgannon64
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Welcome to the club. You are an official member when you begin to schedule your life around Civ3---I decide when to study for tests based on my SGs and tournaments! I always wondered why time goes so fast while you're playing Civ3. I can play forever: it has the "one more turn" effect.

But hey, at least be happy a good game ate your life, not a crappy one!

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 Forever!
Old October 3, 2002, 22:27   #32
JohnM2433
Warlord

Local Time: 00:49
I don't think my addiction is as serious as that of some others here. I rarely have a problem not playing Civ III, as long as I'm not already playing it. But once I start... Well, I've learned not to play the game if I have anything important I need to do in the near future. It has not been an easy lesson. In the past, I have started playing a game after dinner at around 6:00 or so, figuring I will just play for just a few hours. At 3 AM, I finally concede to myself that I had better get to bed, since I have to get up at 7:30 in the morning. Plus I actually have a headache from staying up that late.

Sometimes, when I am deciding whether to be fun or responsible , I imagine a debate between the little angel and demon that sit on my shoulders. The "one more turn effect" is about the most powerful weapon that little demon guy has.
Old October 4, 2002, 02:28   #33
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 10:49
We all have the "one more turn" syndrome.

... and it is spreading through Apolyton. Bad, bad Marcos
--Woody Allen
Old October 4, 2002, 07:44   #34
mulletman
Settler

I had that one turn syndrome last night. I'm playing as Inda and it 2406 or somewhere close to that year. I was fightign the persians and then the Babalyoins declared war on me so i was up last night trying to beat back to countries that are bigger than me. Then I finally realized that a had a project due tommorow and I was up all night doing that. Gotta love basing your life around civ 3
Old October 4, 2002, 16:53   #35
Raion
Prince

Remember, leave it on the computer for 3-5 years, and then you'll see why its been out for about 12 years.

Relax, the game will be there, or buy another computer and leave the game on all the time, and do homework inbetween moves.

Don't forget "Play the World".

I still havn't forgot the NWO scenario done in Civ 2.
But maybe the graphics will be harder to change, now.
It had a different colored world, kind of weird looking, glowing type oceans and land, and new units from Dreamland, and new techs.
It was different, but then so was the X-Com scenario, or the Mars scenario of Civ II, or any other one, like Santa and the Reindeers.

Well, relax, the game is on your computer, and it will be around to play.
Then, getting your work done, you will enjoy those moments more, wondering why policticians in the World and others do not submit to play it, to solve some of the World's problems - read terrorists.

Others!
Old October 4, 2002, 17:04   #36
Raion
Prince

Oh, and if nothing else, one can 'Bam' the other Civ's Cities on the small map, by clicking the mouse.

Bam, bam, bam, bam, direct hit (by centering the city on the map) or near hit. Bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam,
well, its a break from the game - something like a first person shooter.

Bam, bam, bam bam, bam bam there Xerxes, bam, bam, bam, bam your cities.
Old October 4, 2002, 19:18   #37
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 03:49
Quote:
bam bam
Some one did a Flintsones mod?