Old October 4, 2002, 13:14   #1
gigapimp3001
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Bug: "where did all this money come from?"
I am playing the GoodMod with Super Apolyton Gigamap thingy and have noticed a rather unusual bug.

When I first recapture a city (and the feat of wonder pops) any subsequent victory earns me millions of gold.
Since then I have invaded 3 cities and have over 200 million gold coins which is nice for a few minutes but does make the game rather too easy.

Is there a cure for this as I can only throw away 99,999 gold coins at a time on the scenario editor and my hands hurts now!
Old October 4, 2002, 15:41   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 10:55
Quote:
Originally posted by gigapimp3001
I am playing the GoodMod with Super Apolyton Gigamap thingy and have noticed a rather unusual bug.

When I first recapture a city (and the feat of wonder pops) any subsequent victory earns me millions of gold.
Since then I have invaded 3 cities and have over 200 million gold coins which is nice for a few minutes but does make the game rather too easy.

Is there a cure for this as I can only throw away 99,999 gold coins at a time on the scenario editor and my hands hurts now!
Actual it is no bug the AI just earned so much gold, because of the high number of cities that is possible on such huge maps. So you could only disable player ones PW and Gold cheat by outcommenting the line for future games:

#include "MG_PWerAI.slc"

in you APOL_script.slc by adding // in front of the line, so it looks like this:

//#include "MG_PWerAI.slc"

But the effect won't be too high, the AI would save much less Gold and PW but it would still be a lot.

-Martin
Old October 4, 2002, 16:46   #3
gigapimp3001
Chieftain

it is strange as in some games this never happens. Anyway is there a way to get rid off all that money I've aquired (500 million now!) that doesn't involve making other rich or spending hours tapping away at the scenario screen?
Old October 5, 2002, 09:22   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 10:55
You could use this way without using the cheat editor. Add to the GM1_APOL_script.slc these lines, you can use any text editor of your choice e.g. notepad:

Code:
HandleEvent(ArmyClicked)'RemoveGold'pre{
int_t AmountOfGold;
AmountOfGold = -2000000;//here put the amount of gold you want to remove
	AddGold(g.player, AmountOfGold);
}
Just copy and paste this from this post to the file by marking the lines and then using Ctrl+c and using Ctrl+v in the file.

You can now start the game, if it is not already started, once you are within the game you can open the chat screen and enter /reloadslic. Then click on a unit and you see the decrease in gold. Don't click to often on it, if you removed enough gold you can disable the code in the GM1_APOL_script.slc by outcommentnig it or by removing once it is done you have to reloadslic again.

Another way to remove the gold is using the scenario editor, to do it in a effective way you could go to the scenarioeditor.ldl in your ..\ctp2_data\german\uidata\layouts\ folder and find there this part:

Code:
AddGold:CTP2_TEXT_FIELD {
	int xpix 140
	int ypix 200
	int widthpix 130
	int maxfieldlen 7
	string statustext "str_SE_AddGold"
	string tipwindow "str_SE_AddGold"
	}
Increase the number after maxfieldlen, and you should be able to enter more digest into that field.

-Martin
Old October 5, 2002, 22:36   #5
gigapimp3001
Chieftain

Well I created a unit that cost a hell of a lot of money to build ( I called it UNIT_FOLLY) which wasted the few civs the cash of the civs involved ( with a minor exception in my case ;-)) and a few turns spent in the scenario editor. Perhaps not as elegant but effective!

Just out of interest, are the Apolyton crowd putting together a Civ game of their own for commercial release because I feel with all our programming skills and historical knowledge something really ground breaking could result
Old October 6, 2002, 08:29   #6
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 09:55
gigapimp3001 ive had the same thought, especially if we get the source code
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old October 6, 2002, 13:54   #7
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 05:55
Quote:
Just out of interest, are the Apolyton crowd putting together a Civ game of their own for commercial release because I feel with all our programming skills and historical knowledge something really ground breaking could result
So far we only had individual modding attempts. This would be the first big group work of our community.
Although i dont know nothing about C language i would love to be part of the "Apolyton CTP3" creation team
-Jean Rostand