Old October 4, 2002, 17:48   #1
shadylookin
Settler

Local Time: 08:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
New ptw clan.
I am starting up a new Play the World clan. Its called All Domination Clan. I need new members, and i need a few moderators also. Anyone can be a member and as for being a mod it's first come first serve. Click on the link and then click on forums http://www.angelfire.com/games4/alld...lan/index.html
Old October 5, 2002, 21:54   #2
XarXo
Prince

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the purpose of a clan?
Old October 5, 2002, 22:00   #3
Cidifer
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 03:56
That's what I used to wonder but it does serve a few purposes...
1) You always have other people to play with and you can probably get them to come back and play games over the course of many days instead of just one session.
2) you have other people to help you learn how to play and learn new startegies
3) I'll be you could have 2 clans of say 2-4 players each play eachother in one game and cooperate until the other is dead and still have an enjoyable time even though one person isn't crowned the "winner"
4)you can play together and gang up on the AI or other unsuspecting players (if you want to) and make multiplayer alot easier.
Old October 5, 2002, 22:49   #4
shadylookin
Settler

Well cidifer is right. I hope both of you will join us it'll be great fun. and the first people to come get to be mods if you want to.
Old October 6, 2002, 09:51   #5
Cidifer
Warlord

no offense but I can hard'y read your sight, although this is probably just me due to the fact I'm color blind, the only way I can make out most of the words is by highlighting them.
Old October 6, 2002, 13:41   #6
shadylookin
Settler

hmm
Alright how about now.
Old October 6, 2002, 15:23   #7
Cidifer
Warlord

I can read that alright but some of the writing over the tanks is hard to see, for most people it might be better the other way though. Anyway I have a question, I d\l the Civ3 fansite kit a long time ago, before the game was even out, and I was wondering, does it still only have banners for like 5 different civs? and are there a bunch of pictures that don't show up on your computer too?
Old October 6, 2002, 15:30   #8
shadylookin
Settler

No it has a lot more. Now it has units wonders learders, sounds. I'm also happy that someone signed up when they saw my post i hope others will follow.
Old October 6, 2002, 19:00   #9
XarXo
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Cidifer
That's what I used to wonder but it does serve a few purposes...
1) You always have other people to play with and you can probably get them to come back and play games over the course of many days instead of just one session.
2) you have other people to help you learn how to play and learn new startegies
3) I'll be you could have 2 clans of say 2-4 players each play eachother in one game and cooperate until the other is dead and still have an enjoyable time even though one person isn't crowned the "winner"
4)you can play together and gang up on the AI or other unsuspecting players (if you want to) and make multiplayer alot easier.
1.- MSN/Yahoo Messenger
2.- Apolyton/CivFanatics strategy pages
3.- This time amount is only avaible for teenagers, IMHO.
3/4.- Basic diplomacy level between humans.

So, what is the purpose of a clan ?

I believe that is: A hidden system to make friends.

Old October 6, 2002, 19:16   #10
shadylookin
Settler

So you can play other clans. We might start up a clan demo game. first people there get to be mods if they want. Just because your playing someone and using yahoo messenger doesn't make it easier to find a game and the chances to get people to finish the game are higher if they are frequent in the clan. As for the time ammount well you can discuss that with the people you are playing with.
Old October 6, 2002, 20:04   #11
Cidifer
Warlord

Quote:
1.- MSN/Yahoo Messenger
3/4.- Basic diplomacy level between humans.
are those supposed to be answers to my thread because if they are they really make little sense.

Quote:
1.- MSN/Yahoo Messenger
uh... if your not in a clan who are you going to message? most gamers don't have a bunch of people that just appear on their MSN lists who happen to play the same game as them, they need to meet these people somewhere and a clans as good a place as any.

Quote:
are you telling me that you believe that the people on this site are going to give up any extremly usefull secrets to the people that they will be playing against? sure you'll see some pointers but not nearly as much as you could get from a friend or clan member.

Quote:
3/4.- Basic diplomacy level between humans
these 2 are the ones that make me wonder if your replying to my #3 and #4 as I don't see what they have to do with what I said. Are you suggesting only teenagers will spend the time to work together against another clan instead of playing for a meaningless "you win" screen? well I know that's not true from experiance.

As for the last one; I posted a poll a while ago and most people seem not to trust others, I don't see how, then, having someone who you know you can count on being in a game with you is just basic diplomacy, since you'll probably be more worried that they'll stab you in the back and most people will probably let you down when your really in need if it doesn't suit their march to victory.
Old October 7, 2002, 05:18   #12
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 10:56
I don't need a clan... I'll take on all of you myself.
Old October 7, 2002, 12:14   #13
BlueWaldo
Prince

Local Time: 02:56
A note to clan leaders:

Once GameLeague is up you will be able to host your clan’s website with gameleague. It has let to be decided if this will be a free feature or if there will be a small fee for the hosting. You will even be able to have a domain name for you clan. However, I am sure there will have to be at least some small fee for this to cover DNS expenses.
Old October 7, 2002, 15:06   #14
XarXo
Prince

Well, I think that is quite useless, but... f you like it, why I have to say anything more? Enjoy it!
Old October 7, 2002, 15:16   #15
Cidifer
Warlord

well I'm not in a clan and I have no plans to join one but there are really a few good benifits from a good clan.
Old October 7, 2002, 16:30   #16
Athitis
Chieftain

Quote:
well I'm not in a clan and I have no plans to join one but there are really a few good benifits from a good clan.
......like?
Old October 7, 2002, 19:20   #17
shadylookin
Settler

Read some of the top messages Athitis
Old October 7, 2002, 19:49   #18
Cidifer
Warlord

Quote:
......like?
No offense but can you read english? or did you just decide to skip every post leading up to that one?
Old October 10, 2002, 19:04   #19
shadylookin
Settler

I'm pleased to annouce we are now 10 members strong, but we need more. So i hope some of you will join us
Old October 10, 2002, 19:40   #20
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:56
This might be a silly question, but it begs to be asked:
Why didn't you start the Apolyton Clan vice the All Domination Clan ?

After all, where ARE your priorities?!
Old October 10, 2002, 20:02   #21
shadylookin
Settler

Why would i start the Apolyton clan. why would i steal this sites name.
Old October 10, 2002, 20:30   #22
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

You wouldn't be stealing this site's name. We are all, after all, Apolytoners....actually, I just noticed that you are one of it's newest members...but that doesn't matter. A member is a member. We are just one big happy family here. If I was to found a new PTW Clan, and decided to recruit from the Apolyton site - then I would have Apolyton in the clan's title since all of my members would be from Apolyton. What I'm trying to say is give credit where credit is due thats all.
Old October 10, 2002, 20:34   #23
Cidifer
Warlord

what about if he tried to recruit at another site? how long do you think it would be before they told him to beat it?
Old October 10, 2002, 20:38   #24
shadylookin
Settler

well i am trying to get members from other sites than apolyton.
Old October 10, 2002, 20:44   #25
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Quote:
what about if he tried to recruit at another site? how long do you think it would be before they told him to beat it?
It all depends on the friendliness of those sites towards Apolyton. Actually, I'm under the impression the Mark and crew maintain a good relationship with the various other civ gaming sites that they come in contact with.

Anyway, with the player-base membership of Apolyton, you shouldn't have to recruit from the outside.
Old October 10, 2002, 20:56   #26
shadylookin
Settler

Quote:

It all depends on the friendliness of those sites towards Apolyton. Actually, I'm under the impression the Mark and crew maintain a good relationship with the various other civ gaming sites that they come in contact with.

Anyway, with the player-base membership of Apolyton, you shouldn't have to recruit from the outside.
Well if you guys wish to prove me wrong. Only a couple actually came from here, so yes i have to do recruitment at other sites.

Last edited by shadylookin; October 10, 2002 at 21:08.
Old October 12, 2002, 22:50   #27
shadylookin
Settler

So is anybody else interested, or have questions
Old October 14, 2002, 18:46   #28
shadylookin
Settler

Good news we just put in a chat room and a civ3 strategy guide
Old October 14, 2002, 19:45   #29
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Bah, I thought Civ was free of clans. No offense to all you people who actually like clans, but I neve really have. I can be friends with people without being in the clan, and also won't have to deal with people I don't like in the clan. As for finding games, i'm betting it'll be pretty easy once PtW comes out. Just hop in the apolyton channel and find someone, of course, some of the Apolyton regulars I don't want to play against because I value what little pride I have left. But anyway, I don't think clans are really needed for Civ3, maybe thats just the loner in me talking but I just don't see any real bonuses.
Old October 14, 2002, 19:49   #30
shadylookin
Settler

You might see some bonus you like if you read the whole post