Old October 14, 2002, 20:03   #31
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Local Time: 03:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
And you might get more recruits if you stopped with poor assumptions. I read the whole post and didn't see anything that I liked that much or couldn't do just fine without being in a clan in the first place.
Old October 14, 2002, 20:37   #32
shadylookin
Settler

Local Time: 08:56
I just said that because you said there were no bonuses and there are. And if you don't wish to be in the clan im not going to make you
Old October 24, 2002, 12:40   #33
Master Ray
Civilization III Multiplayer
Settler

Local Time: 02:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich

Anyway, with the player-base membership of Apolyton, you shouldn't have to recruit from the outside.
First Apolyton is a great site. I have gotten uncountable hints and ideas about how to play and win Civ 3. Mark has done an excellent job. But on the other hand the very success of this site seems to be making some members arogant and snobbish. If Shady is willing to put the work into a clan site let's support him.

I for one am a lot more comfortable looking for potential players for PTW MP in a small site like All Domination Clan than sorting through all the thousands of players here on Apolyton. Maybe it because I have no experience in MP and wish the first experience to be among and with a smaller and more intimate group of players.
Old October 25, 2002, 15:47   #34
Cidifer
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Quote:
And you might get more recruits if you stopped with poor assumptions. I read the whole post and didn't see anything that I liked that much or couldn't do just fine without being in a clan in the first place.
With an attitude like that I can't imagen you'd last very long in a clan anyway. I can't think of any clan I've been in (in other games I wont be using one for civ 3) that would ever take someone with that kind of attitude. So I'm sure most clans don't like you either so I guess it's mutual, and it's probably for the best that you aren't joining one.
Old October 25, 2002, 23:49   #35
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 00:56
Well I joined the clan so that I know that when I play PTW I will have people I can count on. I will know their skill level, that I can trust them and that if we are allied togather that they wont turn arround and back stab me. If I just go into PTW and play with some person that just came on I have no way of knowing if they ally with me if they will really help me or just sit there and watch me die. Also if you get into a clan with really good players, they can help you improve your own skills as well.

For those of you that dont like clans, just dont join and dont worry about it. No one is going to make you join and if you hate it that much I dont think anyone would want you to join a clan anyways.
Old October 26, 2002, 09:36   #36
Cidifer
Warlord

I agree completely. what do these people care if others want to join clans? obviously people have made it clear there are benifits even if they don't care about them others will. I personally am not going to join any clan (atleast not until I see how the game works) but I can definatly see a whole lot of bonuses. I mean good luck ever getting to continue a game for more then one session with people who just come online, I guess if you only want to play turnless and not classic or whatever it's called then good for you.
Old October 26, 2002, 18:50   #37
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Geez, reviving the thread just to insult me, I feel touched. I've only been in a few clans really, one was a JK clan that I joined simply to get a friend to shutup, and a few others don't fit the normal clan status, since it was on a mud. I've been asked to join clans in most games I play, though 3/4ths of them are just people who spam for members and don't care if they get decent people are not. But like I said, i'm a loner. The idea of a clan just doesn't appeal to me, and I had said that. My reply was because he thought I had somehow picked out only certain words to read, and not others. I'm sure he and others see advantages, but I don't.

I'm just a casual player, its not my kind of thing. When PTW comes out i'll probably play it with the same people I played SMAC/X with, which was just with people I know fairly well online and IRL. I might look for the occasional game on here, but the main thing for me with Civilization-esque games has been being able to take all the time I want when playing, to make it relaxing rather then demanding like some other games. I know noone will make me join a clan, I had only posted here to toss my two cents in, this is a public forum afterall.

I'm not completely alone here, others don't see a use for clans at least with Civ3 anyway, going off the posts in the first page of the thread. Who you and shadylookin also assumed didn't read the posts at all. No big deal, some like clans, some don't. I just got annoyed at him assuming I was blind because I couldn't find any real bonuses. Anyway, just figured I should reply.
Old October 26, 2002, 20:20   #38
Cidifer
Warlord

if your talking about me, I'm not the one who "revived" the thread. I replied while it was still on the 1st page (since I'll only usually check once or twice a day except on weekends).
Old October 27, 2002, 19:58   #39
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I see someone on here does not like clans or me much. Someone here changed my signture and spamed me with 500 emails.
Old October 27, 2002, 20:32   #40
shadylookin
Settler

That's harsh. Anyway now we have 22 registered members. I'd like to thank those that support my clan, and i'd like to welcome others to join, because ptw will be released soon and even if you don't know when you'll get it you can still come.
Old October 27, 2002, 20:47   #41
Jack_www
King

I really dont know why someone would do that to me. If someone does not like me or the things I say, come out and dont hide and tell it to me to my face and dont pull childish pranks. I already undid all that the person who spamed me did. What did I ever do to you to cause you to do all of that to me?
Old October 28, 2002, 09:33   #42
Hagbart
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 09:56
jack_www- maybe you should change your password, so it doesn't happens again...

The new iPod nano: nano
Old October 28, 2002, 11:48   #43
Cidifer
Warlord

That's why I never give out my real email account on forums, I'll make once specially for forums, I don't need spam interupting my importent messages.
Old October 31, 2002, 19:01   #44
shadylookin
Settler

Good news ptw has just been released(im sure you knew but just to make sure) And now is just a good of time as any to join our clan.