Old October 5, 2002, 12:11   #1
aahz_capone
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesApolyton UniversityDiplomacy
Prince

Local Time: 09:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PTW changes in original civ3 victories
Something which has been bugging me no end, to the point of which I don't play with this option at all, is the diplomatic victory in civ3. building the UN and having enough friends (especially when there are few enemies left) is just way too easy for the AI or the player and has nothing to do with the instituion of the UN anyway seeing as all sanctions on civs are discussed one-to-one ionstead of in council with the international commmunity.

My question is if any of y'all know if this will be changed in PTW to a more SMAC style UN wonder or what?

Since I'm on this track, are any previous wonders going to be changed in PTW or new ones made?
Old October 5, 2002, 19:27   #2
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 03:58
I too think SMAC UN was far better than the civ3, and it would be cool to have option to leave join international party and vote for worldwide sanction agst x nation. Personally I never got a diplomatic victory yet since I havent gotten any votes from AIs even if I am very cordial to them and even if i get some vote always are inconlusive because its a tie. Perhaps if there was more engaging way to win people's vote in civ3, like in smac (although buying vote was too easy)... that would improve things.
Old October 5, 2002, 22:27   #3
Cidifer
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 03:58
I always turn it off, though it could actually be interesting if they made a better version for multiplayer.
Old October 6, 2002, 16:02   #4
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 08:58
I would also prefer the SMAC style UN. I find the current system just random, and biased towards the AI, because they are programmed to hate you more than each other.