Old October 5, 2002, 12:27   #1
Knightblade pDM
Civilization III Multiplayer
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
My First Domination Victory!!!!
OMG I just can't believe it. That Persian game I've been playing for several days now ended in sweet victory!!!

For those of you who don't know the map specifics:

Standard Map
9 Civs
Full Random

On my continent alone I had 6 civs:

Persia(Me)
China
Russia(Stalin leaderhead)
England
India
Hiawatha

Undiscovered Civs:

America(FDR Leaderhead)
Rome
Germany(Hitler leaderhead)

Wonders Achieved/Captured:

Copernicus
Newton's
Battlefield Medicine
Hanging Gardens(Captured from Liz)
Colossus(Captured from Russia)
Great Lighthouse(Captured from Liz)
Great Library(first Wonder built)
Great Wall(Captured from Russia)
Iron Works
Oracle(captured from America)
Wall Street
Leonardo
Universal Suffrage
Sun Tzu's
ToE
Sistine(used only GL to rush this)

Space was tight at the beginning and I noticed several civs becoming immensely weak in the beginning. I focused first on China. I massed Immortals near their border and two turns later, Mao was obliterated.

Next was Russia, but suddenly, a Iroquois mounted warrior attacks me(had to go through India to get to me)and my Immortal annhiliates him. So I put off my Russian Invasion to attack Hiawatha. 6 turns later, an RoP with India, and 12 immortals(didn't need that many LOL) Hiawatha is destroyed. As I focus on Russia next, Greece attacks me. Obviously not liking what I'm doing, he sends a puny warrior against my Immortal stack in one of my cities, gets creamed, then I attack Greece taking two cities and suing for peace.

By this time, I'm WAYYYY ahead in tech, score and power. Greece and I agree on peace and I get an RoP out of him to attack England. I'm now fighting a war on two fronts, Russia and Liz. Russia has two continental cities and one island city. Liz has three continental and two island cities. My Immortals rip through Russia like the plague, removing them from my land, and my stack of Immortals in England turn them to dust. I then RoP rape India and destroy them. I now own the entire continent. I go island hopping to finish off the Russians and what I thought was Liz's last city. Nope. She populated a small island continent to the NE. I then got peace out of her because I wasn't ready for a D-Day invasion just yet, although I had more than enough sea going vessels by then.

A few turns later, I get a message that the Romans were destroyed. Hhhmm who else is doing dirty work?? I send a few Galleys around to see what's going on and I notice America and Germany, each on their own island continent. So one of them had to destroy Rome. I look at the cities of both civs and notice Hitler invaded Rome who only seemed to have 4 cities anyway.

All through this war though I only gain one Great Leader, and used him to rush the Sistine. I came out of this early domination with many wonders, both built and captured. It's about 1100 AD and already I'm half way through Industrial. Never done that before.

Two turns into Motorized Trans..America attacks me. BIG MISTAKE!!!! between my Cavalry, Riflemen, Elite Immortals and Cannons, I begin the ultimate invasion of America. Galleons upon Galleons of troops cross the oceans and land in America. One by one, each city toppled, wonders captured, blood spilled. America had been defeated. I have now taken down 6 civs all myself. I was pretty sure a domination victory was near. I know I had more than enough world pop for it, just didn't have the tiles. So in all of my newly acquired cities, I rushed temples and libraries. I was getting 250+ gpt from Wall Street and techs at 4 turns a pop. My GA kicked in at the right time during the Dark Wars.

So I patiently waited while all the time massing Ironclads and 12 troop filled Galleons near Germany, just in case Hitler tries to pull something. He doesn't. And in Seattle, after rushing a library/temple combo...

"You have achieved a Domination Victory"

God I love Persia!!! Can life get any better??

Last edited by Knightblade pDM; October 5, 2002 at 12:49.
Old October 5, 2002, 12:38   #2
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 09:58
Sounds sweet,I play Rome most of the time but have enjoyed being the Persians also.I think the Civs with early age U/U are by far the best to play,especially as I like to win as early as poss.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old October 5, 2002, 15:43   #3
Knightblade pDM
Civilization III Multiplayer
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:58
I would've posted the end mini-map but I deleted the .sav rather quickly LOL

It was a rather fun game going after everyone. And with all the civs attacking me, WW wasn't much of a problem. After the RoP Rape of India though, an ongoing Dark Ages war was bound to occur. Reaching Industrial that early never happened to me before. I wonder if it's just Persia alone or because I was on a small map with everyone around me always willing to trade. I don't care though. I finally have a win of every type except Space(boring!)