Old October 6, 2002, 12:23   #31
Caspian
Prince

Local Time: 08:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
LOL@FMK Yeah, 12 hours is a long time. In hindsight, that very appologetic post I just made was a little over the top . I bet you all thought I was crying as I typed hehe. Don't worry, I'm stronger than that...listen.... GRRRRR. See that's my manly growl that is

Just getting the files and about to play my turn.

Sorry FMK, I've never of a group called Belle and Sebastian.. I remember the cartoon though Why do you ask.
Old October 6, 2002, 12:37   #32
klesh
King

Local Time: 04:58
Well they are a musical group from Scotland. Indy rock type of stuff, figured you might've heard them.

Okay everybody, from this point onward, the rules files updates will contain a number at the top. As I hear your bug reports and squash them, I could updat 1,000,000 times. I'll try to keep the number of updates low, and major stuff will have to stay out of the game.

I'll tell you when I update each time so check you rules to make sure you keep up.

-FMK.
Old October 6, 2002, 12:48   #33
Caspian
Prince

Ok, I've got the game loaded up now. Just need to confirm a couple of things. This game has to be played with MGE. And FMK, is it correct that the Turkish cities of Mosul, Smyrna and Istanbul start the game with civil disorder?
Old October 6, 2002, 13:01   #34
klesh
King

Yes, MGE, and thanks. Didn't catch those ones. Play on, they will be fixed for the release.
Old October 6, 2002, 13:33   #35
Caspian
Prince

The Turkish state greets our fellow great nations with out stretched arms. The royal council is currently in discussion over the question of sea traffic between the Black and Mediteranean seas. Be assured that, with the benevolence of our great Turkish King, a mutually conductive policy shall be hammered out...Game on British player

Ps FMK, love the Extra2 Wav. What a great sound effect
Attached Files:
File Type: net turn1.net (229.8 KB, 3 views)
Old October 6, 2002, 13:37   #36
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 02:58
OK, I accept your explanation. Just had to get it off my chest.

I'm using stackable terrain (fortresses in every land square) in Global War. It works well, I think. Don't put them on sea terrain, or every time a troop transport is sunk, the tanks or troops it was carrying aren't. They just sit there, unable to move. It really looks dumb.

Mercator has made a great little utility to add fortresses to any combination of terrain, which I can send you if you like.

I agree about the number of ships. In GW, I decided to use one ship for every capital ship (CV, BB, BC, CA) and one for every squadron (2 divisions) of light ships (CL, DD, Subs), rounding up. That's still a lot of ships! You might want to reduce the number of capital ships to one for every two. This link is an excellent resource: http://www.freeport-tech.com/WWII/index.htm

Last edited by techumseh; October 6, 2002 at 13:43.
Old October 6, 2002, 13:57   #37
SunTzu
Prince

i'm posting so it will email me when someone new posts :P gonna play my turn
Old October 6, 2002, 14:02   #38
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 09:58
Quote:
Originally posted by SunTzu
i'm posting so it will email me when someone new posts :P gonna play my turn
, that only means you'll get tons of e-mail when I find yet another typo, sucker!

-Homer Simpson
Old October 6, 2002, 14:08   #39
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 03:58
quote:Originally posted by International press: Danzig, the Poles' lone corridor to the Baltic falls into German hands. This city is Hitler's justification for invading Poland. With it's capture, Prussia is once again a part of a contiguous Deutschland. The Germans advance southward to encircle Warsaw...

you used it's wrong. The way it reads now is "With it is capture, Prussia is once again a part of..."

It should be "its"
Old October 6, 2002, 14:43   #40
SunTzu
Prince

The Hamburg Treaty
Today Prime Minister Churchill and Fuhrer Hitler signed the Hamburg Treaty calling for a end of conflict between Germany and England.

PM Churchill stated that England has more pressing matters like the widespread revolts happening in all but 4 English cities, both in England and in her colonies.

Freight of Medical Supplies was sent to Tobruk from Alexandria, bringing in 91 gold and 6 trade arrows.
Attached Files:
File Type: net turn1.net (229.8 KB, 5 views)
Old October 6, 2002, 14:49   #41
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Cable from Berlin:
von Ribbentrop pleased to anounce signing of new non-agression treaty with Great-Brittain. STOP
Treaty Signed today in Hamburg. STOP
Old October 6, 2002, 15:38   #42
Caspian
Prince

Pavlov, I've sent you a PM. Just thought I'd say becasue I've never sent one, and not sure if it is immediately obvious that you've got one
Old October 6, 2002, 16:07   #43
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Caspian
Pavlov, I've sent you a PM. Just thought I'd say becasue I've never sent one, and not sure if it is immediately obvious that you've got one
It's immediately obvious. No need for this in the future.

-Homer Simpson
Old October 6, 2002, 16:13   #44
techumseh
Emperor

I don't want to post my email (spambots, you know) but I'll PM it to anyone who needs/wants it.
Old October 6, 2002, 16:31   #45
Caspian
Prince

Blast, I never thought of that. I'd better edit out my address and pray it hasn't already been noticed
Old October 6, 2002, 17:31   #46
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Coup in Madrid!
Yesterday generalissimo Franco was arrested and replaced by the lovable Capitan Paulov.

To learn more about Capitan Paulov, order the book: Capitan Paulov, a cuddly kind of dictator. ($ 9.95!)

Military exercise gathered Society
The rich and famous rubbed shoulders at this public exercise south of Madrid. Many exile Polish noblemen were seen, for example the countess Jiachovna of Strydnia who showed her support for the sufferings of the Polish people by wearing no diamonds.

Spain wants peace with western nations!
That's about it.

(Y'all don't get any crazy ideas just because I have 109's, I had them from the start of the scen. There's no mucking going on between me and Germany)

The 4th Airbrigade practising with the 65th Field Artillery and the 9th Infantry
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	spanish exercises.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	26383  

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by Pavlov; October 6, 2002 at 17:53.
Old October 6, 2002, 17:51   #47
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

One question FMK, let's say I managed to fool a big nation into letting me get "Armoured warfare", would I then be able to build those crappy tanks? Or do I have to stick with the light tank?*shudder*
Attached Files:
File Type: net spain1939sept.net (229.8 KB, 2 views)

-Homer Simpson
Old October 6, 2002, 23:54   #48
klesh
King

NIce screenie Pavlov
Quote:
Originally posted by Pavlov

One question FMK, let's say I managed to fool a big nation into letting me get "Armoured warfare", would I then be able to build those crappy tanks? Or do I have to stick with the light tank?*shudder*
Nope, Spain and Turkey are limited to the light tank. This is so even if they get techs for the better tanks. Unfortunately, they have no fighters either. Spain gets a few bf-109's, but I havent decided how to let the two minor players have planes...

-FMK.
Old October 7, 2002, 01:29   #49
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 18:58
Pravda
Comrade Stalin Dies in his Sleep

The citizens of the USSR are deep in mourning following the news that their beloved and gentle leader Chairman Stalin has died in his sleep.
In a sombre meeting of the Politbeuro, the ministers unanimously elected Comrade Case as the new leader of the progressive world.

Brest-Livorsk Liberated

The city of Brest-Livorsk has been freed from the clutches of the capitalist-imperialist Polish government. Polish townsfolk have rushed to greet their Soviet liberators, and are looking forward to life in the worlds most progressive and advanced nation.

Neutrality Declared

The peace-loving Soviet Government has declared that it will be following a policy of strict neutrality in the future. However, the government reserves the right to attack the pathetic nations of the Balkans who dare to challenge the rightful Soviet hedgemony over the Balkan peninsular.
Attached Files:
File Type: net soviet1939oct.net (229.8 KB, 4 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old October 7, 2002, 03:07   #50
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Updated map:
Thought i'd update the map FMK posted earlier:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	flagmappbemfinal.gif
Views:	155
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	26419  
Old October 7, 2002, 04:00   #51
Henrik
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pavlov

No,

You could however buy individual units from major nations (like those mesershmidts you start with)...
Old October 7, 2002, 07:47   #52
SetuSinger
Chieftain

Sorry for me rushing into this post, but I find the german units are to weak!

They are good for invading poland, but when i try to invade France, i never get throught more than the netherlands.
Even with massive air raids i can't get the british EF out my way.

Join the Þ ß ð ä ö ü õ - Front!
Old October 7, 2002, 11:01   #53
SetuSinger
Chieftain

And for some strange reasons, there is global warming...

Join the Þ ß ð ä ö ü õ - Front!
Old October 7, 2002, 12:15   #54
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

(Thought I'd post my comments here instead of the CF thread, since there's more discussion of the scen here)

Klesh, my only question so far is about Britain's unrest at the beginning. It's obviously intentional and I understand it, but did you really mean to have London blow up? At first I thought it was because I did my started SP game on deity, but it even happened on Prince.

Also I'm still worried about Pavlov's problem; I thought the events file has to engage for every player, regardless of the savegame. It's moot since Pavlov is playing Spain and probably won't be capturing any cities, but just FYI any major player has to have the events file working. Otherwise, for instance, say SunTzu's events aren't working and he captures Berlin. The text message saying so won't pop up and tech #53 won't go to the Germans, since the event would be have triggered in his file; it has nothing to do with the savegame he loaded from the previous player.

But, as I said, I guess for a minor player it's no big deal.

edit - Forgot another question: what made you decide to not have a carrier in this game? They did have a lot of importance in the European theater.

Last edited by Darius871; October 7, 2002 at 12:30.
Old October 7, 2002, 12:58   #55
yop73
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Also, could you give Russia some more factories at the beginning of the game? Or allow to have factories been build at plains?
Old October 7, 2002, 13:22   #56
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Klesh, my only question so far is about Britain's unrest at the beginning. It's obviously intentional and I understand it, but did you really mean to have London blow up? At first I thought it was because I did my started SP game on deity, but it even happened on Prince.
I got that one too in singleplayer. It sure hurt.

Quote:
Forgot another question: what made you decide to not have a carrier in this game? They did have a lot of importance in the European theater.
There are carriers in this scen.

-Homer Simpson
Old October 7, 2002, 13:24   #57
Henrik
Emperor

Im not FMK but I know the answer to some of your questions.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
This was a bug and should be fixed in the latest version (just download from the link earlier in this thread).

Quote:
Also I'm still worried about Pavlov's problem; I thought the events file has to engage for every player, regardless of the savegame. It's moot since Pavlov is playing Spain and probably won't be capturing any cities, but just FYI any major player has to have the events file working. Otherwise, for instance, say SunTzu's events aren't working and he captures Berlin. The text message saying so won't pop up and tech #53 won't go to the Germans, since the event would be have triggered in his file; it has nothing to do with the savegame he loaded from the previous player.
The events for the entire game is saved in a save file the minute the scenario starts, this is something every scenario writer will quickly discover as it creates great difficulties when one wants to change the events manually (you have to run a program called "delevent" on the save file to remove the old events).

Try it yourself, start a game, save, remove the events file from the folder, and keep on playing from that file, the events will still work.
Old October 7, 2002, 13:27   #58
techumseh
Emperor

Italy undertakes a minor peacekeeping mission in the Balkans.
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1939oct.net (229.8 KB, 3 views)
Old October 7, 2002, 13:33   #59
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Thanks Henrik, that clears it all up except for his rationale about the carriers. My fleet needs fighters!

Last edited by Darius871; October 7, 2002 at 13:42.
Old October 7, 2002, 13:44   #60
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Hmmm, I don't know what to tell you guys but I loaded the version here and London still blew up (at Prince). Anyhow I'm sure the version I had is the same as the one here, since SunTzu gave it to me and he got it here. Is there something wrong with my Civ2 or something?