Old October 6, 2002, 21:35   #1
Impossible
Settler

Local Time: 04:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
new to AC multiplayer, would like to play
okay, i've played smac/x for quite awhile, and now i am in the mood to try it online, especially now that i have the cable modem

Impossible
Old October 7, 2002, 22:14   #2
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:01
Hi welcome on board. just saying hello because it can be a pain waiting for a response. Yeah I'll play but not able to construct the game. ( going off to learn though). Since I joined there has been a regular flow of new members. I'm in three games here though 2 haven't quite started or reached me.

Hang around we may attract other players. Any good at designing.
Old October 7, 2002, 22:17   #3
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Oh meanwhile go read all the strategy hints if you have not done so already. Lots of game play ideas.

Also while you'r waiting join the democracy game: quite entertaining.
Old October 8, 2002, 02:00   #4
Impossible
Settler

I have read some multiplayer strategies on and off in the past, but never had the time until lately. I just reinstalled the game and was itching to play something over the net.

I could start one I guess, but was hoping to play a few to see how I like it going against other human players, and see what people like.

Yes, I have browse through AC - Democracy, interesting.

Nothing is impossible. Some things are just less likely than others.
- Jonathan Winters
Old October 8, 2002, 04:32   #5
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

What type of multiplayer game ?
at the weekend i'd willing to try out an ip (pbem is so slow) game with you, though it would be my first ip aswell.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old October 8, 2002, 23:35   #6
Impossible
Settler

I'm more interested in a simultaneous or just turn base. of course, if I have the time for that once I start working again, which will probably be this week.

Nothing is impossible. Some things are just less likely than others.
- Jonathan Winters
Old October 10, 2002, 16:28   #7
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Willing to try IP also
Hey there Lazerus! Well, I'm just responding to let you all know that if it's a good time for me, I am very much willing to try a multiplayer IP game. Contact me at Arcainite@aol.com if interested and I'll need to know if we're playing with all factions available or just the original ones.
Arcainite
Old October 11, 2002, 14:38   #8
Lazerus
King

How's sunday for you ? what time zone you in ? I'm GMT so if you could reply with a resonable time to meet.

Norm settings, smax, medium-large planet, I don't mind which factions are playing, though if your going to set it up ready to play then make me Hive again
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old October 12, 2002, 19:44   #9
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

my time zone is EST
Well, my time zone is in the United States Eastern Standard Time. I hope this won't be an insurmountable difficulty but if so, best of luck. If not, I hope to hear from you guys soon on exactly when.
Arcainite
Old October 12, 2002, 19:59   #10
Lazerus
King

your 5hours behind me, so if we start about 4pm GMT (11 for you) then we could get quite a few hours gameplay.
that ok for you ?
Old October 13, 2002, 07:43   #11
Lazerus
King

gah missed you, ah well i'll be online at that time hopefully you'll pop onto icq sometime during the day and we can arrange.
Old October 13, 2002, 17:57   #12
Hercules
Deity

Do you have to have broadband to play IP. SMAC/x fills whole screen so how does it work interactively
Old October 14, 2002, 16:00   #13
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Sorry, I wasn't ready yet..
How is this Sunday for everybody at the time Lazerus gave?
Arcainite
PS - Who is hosting? Me??
Old October 14, 2002, 19:27   #14
Lazerus
King

I've never hosted a game before im sure if we push every available button we'll soon have a game up and running

c u then arcainite
Old October 15, 2002, 16:19   #15
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

conditions? Who will be what factions?
What victory and planet conditions are we going to have? Lazerus, your response was somewhat vague. You are hosting, right? Well, let's go ahead and claim who we will be playing. I'd like to play the University of Planet this game. I've never played them yet either and I'm trying new factions I haven't played lately.
Academician Arcainite
PS - try saying that three times fast!
Old October 15, 2002, 16:26   #16
Lazerus
King

No you host, you've done it before.
Conditions - normal size, average worms,erosion etc
All victory conditions on ?
transcend level
non-blind research (its the first time ive done it in our pbem and aint liking it much)
Spoils of war on
no other important stuff comes to mind

I'll be hive again , I love yangs views on life too much too bother with any other faction even though i think i do best as cyborgs
Old October 19, 2002, 08:07   #17
Lazerus
King

you still up for a game 2moro then arcainite ?
Old October 20, 2002, 11:01   #18
Lazerus
King

I'm here, gimme a msg or logon to icq when you get online
looks like u aint gonna show i'll check back in an hour again, hopefully u'll be on by then

Last edited by Lazerus; October 20, 2002 at 11:55.
Old October 21, 2002, 16:14   #19
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

My apologies
I was over at a friend's house and they talked me into staying even though I told them I had an online engagement to attend to. I stayed over there longer and missed the scheduled time! I am so bad! Well, the good thing about playing live though is that it won't take us very long to catch up on things. I'll tell you what though, is it just you and me playing Lazerus or is Impossible still going to play and whoever else? If it's just you and me, when you see me come on AIM, IM me and we can probably play whenever I'm on. It would go faster that way though perhaps not as smoothly since we wouldn't be using a schedule.
Arcainite
Old October 22, 2002, 06:52   #20
Lazerus
King

Theres another thread by jacobev who would play an ip game and he says he has a friend also so that would make 4 and if impossible ever returns to his own thread we could have maybe 5.
Even if we can't get others us 2 playing with 5 comps is fine for me since i want to see if i can grow as fast as another human since the comp tends to drop off fairly fast.
Old October 22, 2002, 11:53   #21
Lazerus
King

tried making an aol account so i could use that AIM and after 5 failed attempts to get a nick i managed to find 1 that wasn't taken only to be told i had made too many attempts today and to try again in a 24hr period !!!!

well if you read this logon to icq i've got that and tried contacting you several times over it since i think jacob sev wants to meet at 8pm GMT today , which is 3hrs from now so not much time.
Old October 22, 2002, 16:36   #22
ksev
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:01
Hello Imopssible

I start an IP-game tomorrow 24/10-2002 20:00 GMT
Mail if you are interested but do it fast

Ksev: kaare-margrethe@tdcadsl.dk
Old November 9, 2002, 05:23   #23
sly
Settler

Hi everyone.
I'm looking for players on IP-game. If you are interested contact me , as soon as possible
Old November 10, 2002, 01:29   #24
Hendrik
Warlord

Sly-
The most active place to get involved in IP games is the IP tournament ksev is hosting. You can find it at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=66338
We just had our first 3 player game today, with ksev, Dreifels, and myself. It is pretty interesting! We played 61 years online.
Old November 10, 2002, 04:52   #25
sly
Settler

whoa bigger session , with many peoples... that's what i like
I'll talk to ksev and sign up