Old November 23, 2002, 14:44   #481
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 06:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Xenobrew (Support TKG's monopolistic ambitions the Research Department!)

since history guy's mysterious disappearance (lemmy probably did it), this means i'll get to devote his share to my own personal gain further scientific progress! yes, of course, scientific progress...

give me a muroroa. i havn't glowed in a while
Old November 23, 2002, 19:07   #482
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:03
Quote:
since history guy's mysterious disappearance (lemmy probably did it), this means i'll get to devote his share to my own personal gain further scientific progress! yes, of course, scientific progress...
I believe the poor guy has been kidanpped spirited back through time to 4000 BC, where he is currently helping to organize the building of Madrid.
Old November 23, 2002, 19:34   #483
Jhanactus
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 09:03
Having finished his meal and drink, Jhanactus looks over at the ex-Hive denizen and wanders over, ostensibly to deliver Aaron's order, socializing as he goes until he reaches his target.

"Greetings, my fellow immigrant. I am given to understand your chosen nom de plume is "Aaron". How do you do? My moniker is Jhanactus Arctus Sibecks Zurin the Eighth, buy my friends may call me Jhanny."

He hands the chosen liquid refreshment to his new acquaintance.

"I am given to understand you are from Hiveria? Quite different from my old haunts, I am given to understand."

He sips at his bottle of xenobrew(the one he brought in with him).

"I'll dispense with the perfunctory "What was it like over there" and move on to my next question: How are you adjusting?"
Old November 23, 2002, 19:53   #484
Aaron Blackwell
Warlord

" Turns his head toward Maniac."

Euh .......... No ....... The only beverage I brought back from the Hive was plain water.

I think that the Yang's Daniel is a drink reserved for the Supracontroler's of the Hive.

Nearly nobody is aware of this fact and all the advantages that the supracontrolers keep for them. In fact, it was when I got aware of this that I've wanted to defect from this wretched faction !

" He stared to Kirov then to Maniac and then Back to Kirov."

Hum, well, I suppose you have no idea what a supracontroler is ? It seems that things are so different here to what they are in the hive.

So you want to know what's life like in the hive ?
There is a lot to be said about it actually. So I'll start with the basics, the general organisation of the hive, then you'll ask me question about the specific subject you'd like to talk about.

Shall we do this ?

Okay I'll start.
Garcon, one .... euh ... Xenobrew. What's that stuff anyway ? Bah, I'll try anyway.

" He waited until he got his drink and then started his exposee of the Hive's organisation."

The name hive has not been chosen by coincidence. I've check out some of your databases and found out that there was a race called " bee " on the earth planet ... well if the legend about our origins is true anyway.

So, like the bee, the hive society is organised in casts. These ranges from worker, warriors, white-cells, gray cells, hatchling controlers,local controlers and supracontrolers with Yang at their head.

Worker and warriors are self explanatory terms I think. Anyway, to summarize, the workers is the biggest cast, their members work the earth, build and maintain infrastructure, do the inventory and distribution stuff etc...

Warriors are trained to be part of the hive military power but also to be guinea pig for the military research when designing new weapons or new technology to improve the fighting prowesses of the fighters.

'White-cell' is more or less the equivalent of your police. Except that their method are much more ruthless. Their role is to detect and "reeducate" any member of any cast (with the execption of the supracontrol) if their behaviour is found to be "deviant" or "cancerous".

To put it another way, any citizen showing behaviour which are not in accordance to our rule or is showing an "excessive" taste for independance will have to deal with the white cells sooner or later ... well sooner.

Also, they have the tasks of 'removing' local controlers if they are not to the hive standards as I'll explain later.

" He drank a bit from his cocktail, his face going red for a second and he started coughing."

Woowww !!! That stuff is strong !!! Do you really drink this for pleasure ....

" Drink another time."

Well, after second tought, this stuff is not so bad in fact. Hum ... Sorry, back to the subject shall we ?

The 'Gray cells' are the equivalent of your research department. From all the cast, this is the one which is the most closely 'monitored' by the 'White cells' hence their names.

The hatchling controllers are the people that monitors populating growth. They check every female members of the community for any sign of pregnancy and, when found, the woman is taken in one the 'hatchling centers'.

Basically,they keep the woman under an artificial coma until the baby reach three month of age after which he is removed from his mother womb. The woman is then released to her former cast again with no memory of what happened.

The baby foetus is then put into hatchling vats designed to accelerate the gestation process. Under normal circumstances, a baby needs 9 month to be born ... at least according to your databases. The hive hatchling process allow babies to be birth in approximatively less than half this time.

Then, when the baby is born, the hatchling controllers puts it into different kind of testing where they determine in which cast he will belong for the rest of his life.

" Aaron quivered with fear when the memories of the hive's inhuman birth process came back to his mind."

Hum ... What's left. Yes the local controlers. Each of them monitor a single activity in a small area be it industry, agriculture, 'social planning' etc .... They received their orders directly from the supracontrolers and have the task of managing teams of members from other cast to the job they have been assigned.

They represent the 'lesser elite of the hive' and, apart from the job they do together, other casts are forbidden to mix with them, which can results in the death of the lower cast member. Despite this, a lot of people desire to be part of this cast for all the advantages it gives to them.

They themselves risks death at every instant should their jobs not be done properly, which is considered a capital crime. Also, they are the only ones with the supracontrolers and Yang himself to be allowed to have wives and 'make' children .... if you see what I mean.

The local controlers represent less than a 1% of the population.

Then there are the supracontrolers which are very few in numbers even in comparaison with local controlers. There is one for each of the city and six which are Yang's personal counsellors.

They are the highest ranked cast of the hive society and they answer to Yang, and Yang only. Not even the white cell intervene in their affairs (except from a direct order from Yang). And they take all the major decision concerning the hive with personnal approvment and directives from Yang.

Well that's about it for the general organization of the hive.

Now I suppose that you have specific questions in mind and I'll be happy to answer them.

" Drink a bit again from his cocktail."

Good lord, this stuff is ssssssssssooooooooooooooooo strooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg.

How do you manage to drink is such great quantity anyway ???? (((( ))))

Last edited by Aaron Blackwell; November 23, 2002 at 20:03.
Old November 23, 2002, 20:02   #485
Aaron Blackwell
Warlord

OOC : This is the answer to Jhanactus

-----------

" Making a break in his conversation with Maniac and Kirov, Aaron turn his head to salute Jhanactus."

I am adjusting as well as I can for the moment. Thank you for your concern Jhanactus, this is kind of you

But to be honest, I am far from complete recovery. I still bear the scars of my long journey from the hive to there. It is very difficult for me to realize all that I've been through.

Hell !! I am still surprised to have survived this trip. I do not count the times where I've nearly become mind worms boil meal.

There are times when I wonder if it wasn't a test from the planet itself to test my resolves. On the other hand, maybe all that fungus spore stuff messed up with my mind.
There were times when I thought I was hearing voices in my mind. But I was a bit delirious from exhaustion at the time ....

" Suddenly he interrupted his speech and looked at the bartender."

Oh I am sorry. I guess I may be speaking a bit too much. I have near though I could talk that much before coming here in fact.

And you friend, how is it going here ?
Old November 23, 2002, 20:02   #486
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:03
Quote:
How do you manage to drink is such great quantity anyway ???? (((( ))))
We don't.

btw, could you send that stuff to the CNN? We'd be most interested in having a report on what life is like in the Hive, and how one adjusts to life here.
Old November 24, 2002, 00:37   #487
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:03
/me considers creating an AC version of Melborne Bitter

/me considers his pounding headache and realises this could be a very bad idea

/me goes back to bed

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 24, 2002, 09:15   #488
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:03
Hercules enters
*been a while*
A large Black stuff my good man.

Hercules proceeds to mention a place he has visited (Thread Other games) where there is a poll on best five games. Civ leads massively but CtP is currently just ahead of SMAC/X for second place. I just wondered have all us smac fans voted?
Hercules downs black stuff and heads off to the court room just in case the defendant has turned up

Last edited by Hercules; November 24, 2002 at 09:21.
Old November 24, 2002, 14:28   #489
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:03
Great narrative Aaron!!!
Old November 24, 2002, 14:38   #490
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

When this thread has reached 500 posts, please pay a visit to the expanded Recreation Commons III !
Old November 24, 2002, 14:44   #491
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

/me orders a xenocoffee.

in light of the rec commons' new expansion, Xenobrew Inc. will be coming out with a new product...VERY soon...
Old November 24, 2002, 17:44   #492
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 03:03
It would actually be a good idea if everybody just moved there now, Maniac... 25 pages is plenty!

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 24, 2002, 17:48   #493
Maniac

Yeah, but I would like this thread to reach 500 posts! How many are there which do that, besides the OT Suomi and Coffeeshop threads?
Old November 24, 2002, 19:09   #494
Method
Emperor

the OT "uh huh. songs in the key of life" threads

other than in the OT though, i'm not sure. this thread is unique as the only spamming thread that the mods don't notice
Old November 24, 2002, 19:20   #495
Maniac

Gotta have a look at those "uh huh" threads then.

One post closer to the 500...

Edit: I just noticed the "Should BCS Be Replaced By Playoffs? -- Guynemer's Proposal ( 1 2 3 4 ... Last page )" thread in Off Topic. It has 501 replies. Does that mean 500 isn't the upper limit and we could go on until infinity?
Old November 24, 2002, 19:42   #496
Method
Emperor

we technically can go over, but ming doesn't like to.

and IIRC, BAC discussion thread also go over 500, but i havn't been to the fiction forum since i finished reading Joe
Old November 26, 2002, 07:16   #497
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:03
AC-Fiction threads usually break the 500 mark, like TKG pointed out...

Meh, lost that quote from my clipboard... anyways, TKG was concerned of what I am up to when away from Apolyton. Well... I haven't had any major withdrawal symptoms, so I guess there is no curse... yet. Once I get my better connection, hopefully soon (posting from school), I'll get seriously addicted.

Well... I have been spending time with my girlfriend, as a matter a fact. Only on weekends though. Yes, she does have broadband, but instead of Poly, we have better things to do at her place, like...

... ... ...

...playing Xenogears, a PlayStation RPG from 1998.

Haven't been outside much, if that's any comfort... and I'm as dead as before. Pale as hell, but still breathing (my gf did have to knock me on the shoulder last Saturday when playing, I was too concentrated for a living person, she said...).
Old November 26, 2002, 18:01   #498
Method
Emperor

kass sighting!
Old November 27, 2002, 03:59   #499
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

you know i had a weird dream this night, nightmare actually, i dreamt that TKG became a mod on Apolyton
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old November 27, 2002, 05:24   #500
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
Well... I have been spending time with my girlfriend, as a matter a fact. Only on weekends though. Yes, she does have broadband, but instead of Poly, we have better things to do at her place, like...

... ... ...
I hear you, Kass. When my gf came back after her 10 days in Australia, we spent 43 of the 48 hours leading up to when I flew to Australia together. We had to. We hadn't seen each other in 10 days, and we won't again for three MONTHS.

Old November 27, 2002, 05:36   #501
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Just noticed..... I guess it's curtains for this thread.

Old November 27, 2002, 11:09   #502
Maniac

Ok, do NOT post in this thread anymore!