Old October 7, 2002, 13:38   #1
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 10:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Multiplayer problem with MM2 (and normal ctp2)
Ok thanks to Maquiladora i can now actually play MM2 again (thanks to the XP patch)

I have been testing mplay now with Maq, default ctp2 works fine except i get the wrong city styles (i was america yet my city style was the japaness/chineese one) which is a shame really specially how buggered up it could get if your playing with citymod or whatever

Even worse is when i try MM2 2.2 Update (exact same one a Maquiladora) both clean game and mod installs. I get the following SLIC error before the multiplayer game initilizes:

Quote:
In object DIP_InitDiploState, function _IsHumanPlayer: Wrong number of arguments
What is this error and can it be fixed

I am running WinXp Pro (as u know) and running the game in xp mode (not 98 or 95 etc)

Oh yea and here is a screenie of the stupid city fault (which was with default un-modded ctp2)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	stupid city fault on default ctp2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	26437  
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old October 7, 2002, 17:44   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:04
Yes, on multiplay the non-host computer will ALWAYS have the oriental-type cities. And once one advances to another age (like the modern age) and the game resyncs - you guessed it - the non-host compter's cities all revert back to the ugly oriental style cities. I don't know if anyone knows how to fix this, but I would love to know if it can be fixed!

Concerning the errors you receive with MM2 - I don't know since I have never played MM2 before.
Old October 7, 2002, 19:14   #3
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Actually the non-host doesnt get the asian city style always. Ive never had that problem, only with people with windowsXP.

I have no idea what causes it, but its prolly something to do with incompatability between the players.
Old October 7, 2002, 19:28   #4
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Ok Maquiladora and me both re-installed ctp2(again) and downloaded MM2 (again)

Ok well at least the SLIC error has now gone and we can both actually get into MPLAY

but now there is a new error and what looks to me a dead end error meaning that MM2 just cant be played MPLAY (correct me if im wrong here)

And here it is no idea why we get it if im host Maquiladora gets it, if hes host i get it. Its a dead end situation

Can anyone help, cause i dont wanna play MPlay unmodded
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	mm2 error.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	26458  
Old October 7, 2002, 19:32   #5
SMIFFGIG
Prince

P.S. If MM2 is not playable in Mplay has this ever been mentioned before

and if we can get Pbem to work, would MM2 then work?
Old October 7, 2002, 19:39   #6
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

I dont know why you dont play MP with the unmodded game Its actually pretty good. If you play enough youll realise its alot more balanced than some MP games i know, and theres alot of strategy to be had from it.
Old October 11, 2002, 18:50   #7
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

If you read the thread in the mod forum you'll guess what caused the slic error - you must have had debugslic=yes - the IsHumanPlayer function unfortunately doesn't work properly in MP
Old October 11, 2002, 19:01   #8
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Judging from that error message, you don't have identical files. Its probably safest to delete all the files prefixed MM2_ (or even do a complete uninstall) and then make sure you both download exactly the same thing, (should only need text files, and I know how long it takes to get the full mod on a 56k...) and install it properly, select ModSwapper option, and try again.

Its a pain, but that's the problem, someone has different files.
Old October 12, 2002, 06:58   #9
Maquiladora
Emperor

We did download the whole mod again each, from Wes' site and both a fresh install. There was some confusion with us both after installation though, because when we unzipped them all into the ctp2 dir it created a new folder "Med mod II Pics" outside of the ctp2_data\ ... \pictures folder where they were supposed to go, were they not?
Old October 12, 2002, 08:20   #10
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:04
Quote:
Originally posted by mapfi
If you read the thread in the mod forum you'll guess what caused the slic error - you must have had debugslic=yes - the IsHumanPlayer function unfortunately doesn't work properly in MP
The problem here is if you have other DebugSlic=Yes errors in the code then it could become a little bit tedious to play, especially if on every AI turn you return to the desktop just to read a message.

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
We did download the whole mod again each, from Wes' site and both a fresh install. There was some confusion with us both after installation though, because when we unzipped them all into the ctp2 dir it created a new folder "Med mod II Pics" outside of the ctp2_data\ ... \pictures folder where they were supposed to go, were they not?
Just move the subfolders of the Med mod II Pics folder to your main CTP2 folder and all the MedPack2 pictures should be then at the right place (..\ctp2_data\default\graphics\pictures\ (not in the Med mod II Pics folder)).
Old October 12, 2002, 09:28   #11
Maquiladora
Emperor

I shouldve mentioned that we did move the pictures to the right directory before we started, we were just a little confused why it was like that.